Cadaversquirrel [construct]

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Slimcreeper
Cadaversquirrel [construct]

Post by Slimcreeper » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:39 pm

Cadaversquirrels

Cadaversquirrels can be found anywhere one would expect to find their mundane and natural counterparts. In fact, one of the first signs that there might be cadaversquirrel infestation will be a curious lack of normal squirrels. Cadaversquirrels are swollen and grotesque, built of more 3 or 4 squirrel corpses. They have between 3 and 8 limbs, and their heads appear to be made of several squirrel heads molded together as though the skulls were soft clay. Their preferred method of attack is to sneak along the tree canopy and leap down on their prey.

It is important to eliminate cadaversquirrels wherever they are found. They can make more of their kind by killing and burying a few normal squirrels in a pit in the forest. Before long, a new cadaversquirrel construct digs its way out of the earth and begins its hunt. If left unchecked, there will soon be no living squirrels left in the infested forest.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fqz ... sp=sharing

Tattered Rags

Re: Cadaversquirrel [construct]

Post by Tattered Rags » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:13 am

I once ran a D&D session for my wife and sister-in-law where a corrupted forest lay at the center of the plot. To indicate how twisted this place was, I told them they saw a decaying squirrel holding a bird skull and eating it clean of flesh.

While dead squirrels typically don't do that, I was horrified later in life to find out that living ones do (they eat rabbits, too).

Thanks for reminding me of that.
Adventure I'm running:
Under the Stars

Adventure GM post-mortem:
Under the Stars Postmortem

flower

Re: Cadaversquirrel [construct]

Post by flower » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:44 pm

Thanks for reminding me of that.