Theran Empire in South Africa, America and Australia

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
IKerensky
Theran Empire in South Africa, America and Australia

Post by IKerensky » Wed May 05, 2021 1:31 pm

Hi,

I can't find back my sources but I was under impression that Thera had colonies in thoses areas back in Earthdawn time. Or is it later they emigrate there after Thera sunk ?

Belenus

Re: Theran Empire in South Africa, America and Australia

Post by Belenus » Wed May 05, 2021 2:23 pm

Bonhumm

Post by Bonhumm » Wed May 05, 2021 2:43 pm

The Skypoint and Vivane book (1st edition) makes a short reference to 'Aznan' and a 'Cloud Mountain' located near the southern tip of the continent (which could be mean The Cape). They also say that they maintain 'an outpost' there (not a colony).

Geekabilly

Post by Geekabilly » Fri May 07, 2021 4:38 pm

IKerensky wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:31 pm
Hi,

I can't find back my sources but I was under impression that Thera had colonies in thoses areas back in Earthdawn time. Or is it later they emigrate there after Thera sunk ?
As far as I'm aware there is no reference to Australia in Earthdawn. The other two places, Aznan and Araucania have a brief write up in Skypoint and Vivane. As for colonies, it only mentions that both lands represent those that the First Governor is most interested in establishing permanent relations, with Aznan having a Theran outpost.

I believe there's some more bits and pieces on Araucania in the Dragons book when discussing Feathered Dragons.