Looooot!

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Sharkforce
Re: Looooot!

Post by Sharkforce » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:26 am

Slimcreeper wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:48 pm
Tidy Dust
Tidy dust is a security measure that is either the sign of unhealthy paranoia, or a totally justified preventative step, depending on the sort of enemies you have made. The complete item consists of a pouch of very fine dust and a clear crystal lens bound in a metal hoop. Usually the pouch has a padded pocket for storing the lens. A pinch of the dust may be spread over a small area, such as a desk, a doorknob, or a chest. At this point, it is very nearly invisible to the naked eye. However, it is very easily seen when viewed through the lens. If anyone has disturbed the area, it will be immediately obvious. The dust lasts on a surface for a full day. The pouch can be used roughly 100 times before the enchantment must be renewed.
huh... this is obviously months late, but I'd go with the old standby of recharging it once per unit time if you're trying to limit quantities, purely because nobody wants to track 100 uses of this sort of thing imo.

Slimcreeper

Re: Looooot!

Post by Slimcreeper » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:51 pm

Yeah, I didn't imagine anyone would track that. I do think it should run out, though not on any sort of completely predictable schedule. I figure if it is used daily, it lasts for about 3 months. If it is used occasionally it lasts for ever.

Also, there are only so people on the forums, please necro threads whenever you wish!