T'skrang Herpetology

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Digital Hermit
T'skrang Herpetology

Post by Digital Hermit » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:47 pm

Earthdawners,

I know there are many artistic interpretations of the T'skrang race. But I am wondering what the common physical description of them. Are they scaly or fleshy? Do they have five fingers and five toes? I have seen many illustrated variations and was wondering what was officially canon or what was widely accepted.

Thanks!

Bonhumm

Re: T'skrang Herpetology

Post by Bonhumm » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:33 am

There is indeed a lot of question marks about t'skrang physical attributes. Since, as you said, there is a LOT of artistic interpretations of them and little canon data about them is available other than things like height/weight, tail, 'cauliflower ears' and their head thingnie, there has been a lot of speculation about them (number or fingers/toes, nature of the skin, presence of breasts or not among the female and even, because of some t'skrang art, whether or not they have belly buttons.

In the Denizens book, their skin is described as being 'as supple as soft leather' which MIGHT be interpreted as 'scale-less' but not necessarily.

Some of those details are made clearer in the game 1879 also released by Fasa and which is the 'New 6th Age' of the Earthdawn universe; therefore its future. Thus, 1879 makes canon the fact that t'skrang have 3 fingers on each limbs (thumb + 2 finger per hand, 2 fingers front with one on the back per foot).

The other details, unfortunately are not covered in that book either.

On another subject, may I suggest you join us on the Official FASA Discord channel which is much more active than this forum? I won't post the invite link here to prevent spammers from joining but if you are interested, please send me a private message (through this forum) and I'll send you an invite.

Panda

Post by Panda » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:25 am

Greetings,

Unfortunately, the information previously provided is incorrect. T'skrang have scales, but they are fine. The have five fingers and three toes.

T'skrang aren't mammals and don't have breasts. They also don't have belly buttons because there was never a placenta.

Hopefully this clears everything up.

Best regards.

Belenus

Post by Belenus » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:46 am

OOT:
Pandas answer is exactly the reason why I prefere the Forum over Discord.
Would I have received Bonhumms answer there, I probably would have saved it like this in my brain, not further questioning it.
Here other people can give another answer even if they weren't part of the conversation.
Also, if ever forgotten, you can just search this forum for the information again :-D

Sharkforce

Post by Sharkforce » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:57 pm

Panda is on the discord (and quite possibly came here specifically because the question was asked in discord with a mention of this forum post actually), and you can search discord too :P

that said, there's nothing wrong with liking forums.

Belenus

Post by Belenus » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:29 pm

Sure, if it is written down in Discord. But not if it was talked about :D

Sharkforce

Post by Sharkforce » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:20 pm

they have company meetings there sometimes (to which the rest of us are obviously not invited), and occasionally they do have some sort of special event on voice. for the most part though, the FASA discord is used like a text-based chat room.

Digital Hermit

Post by Digital Hermit » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:37 pm

Panda wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:25 am
Greetings,

Unfortunately, the information previously provided is incorrect. T'skrang have scales, but they are fine. The have five fingers and three toes.

T'skrang aren't mammals and don't have breasts. They also don't have belly buttons because there was never a placenta.

Hopefully this clears everything up.

Best regards.
Thanks, everyone, for all your responses. Now, I have more of an aesthetic question, do T'skrang use footwear, i.e., boots?

Panda

Post by Panda » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:01 pm

No, they do not.

Bonhumm

Post by Bonhumm » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:42 am

Digital Hermit wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:37 pm
Thanks, everyone, for all your responses. Now, I have more of an aesthetic question, do T'skrang use footwear, i.e., boots?
There IS rumors of a t'skrang group of follower of Dis who are wearing sandals... with socks.

Evil knows no limits.