DEED (4M): The Most Dangerous Game

Moderator:etherial

Sharkforce
DEED (4M): The Most Dangerous Game

Post by Sharkforce » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:41 pm

Item: Wild Hunt ("Elf" Warbow - though Garak will stubbornly insist it is an *ORK* Warbow)

This crude warbow is made from bone and leather straps from some unfortunate beast. The bow takes some considerable effort to draw but that transfers into a powerful shot with immense stopping power.
When the bow is held it seems to always be aiming itself at anyone or anything within eyesight focusing on the heart. This effect is increased if an arrow is notched.
If the owner of the bow is sneaking with the bow out it starts to whisper to the owner to take the shot and fell the target of the hunt no matter what the owner's thoughts are on the matter.
The bow is bloodthirsty, it wants to watch an arrow plunge into a heart and watch the target of its hunt bleed out.

Thread Rank Five
Deed: Complete a great hunt (it doesn't say it has to be an animal, so I think this should be fine... if not, I'd still like to do the adventure, but it wouldn't count as a deed completion)

Player: Sharkforce (Garak)

Rumor: Bialis is a crazy murderous elf that escaped the wrath of the party in Monster Most Foul. As of the events of Not Expecting That the family of the leader of the murder-elves is looking for him so they can find out who to exact revenge on. Wouldn't it just be a *terrible* shame if someone else were to cash in on one of the many "Wanted Dead or Alive" bounties on him, and just happened to forget about the "or alive" option before he could spill his guts to the ones that want to target Pavar's Hill (including potentially Garak's unborn child)

Location: Hard to say. On the one hand, Bialis' previous modus operandi involved using the Serpent River to travel around and ruin peoples' lives. On the other hand his ship was blown to bits and there is a family of elves that probably wants to torture him for information, and they seem to have a presence on the Serpent River too, so maybe he decided to head elsewhere.
Point being, he could be wherever the GM is interested in putting him.

Circle: I believe it has to be ECR 4 at least since it is a deed... check with me if it's been a while since I posted this, in which case Garak may be ECR 5 by then.

Reward: If you want this to create an opportunity for personal development - Questor training, new circle, etc.

Benefit: Bialis is a horrible person, so his death is almost certainly a net positive. He may have useful information about other horrible people, possibly contained in his journal (if any), which Garak would love to recover as well (partly to make sure it can't fall into the hands of the murder-elves, partly so that he can find out more about them and any exploitable weaknesses they may have).

Notable NPCs: I don't have any in mind.