Deed: (11M/H): Mother Knows Best

Moderator:etherial

Sharkforce
Deed: (11M/H): Mother Knows Best

Post by Sharkforce » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:37 pm

Player: Zivilyn (Sharkforce)

Rumor: Deed:[/b] Must assist a family of small animals re-locate to avoid a predator.

A silver furred cape made from the pelt of a small animal. The headless pelt lays across the shoulders with the front legs clasping across the front of the chest. The rest of the cape hangs from the shoulders with a large bushy tail being sewn up the length of the cloak. The rear legs can be linked together to slim the cloak and allow windling wings to slip out from the sides of the cloak.

Once a thread is tied to the cloak, the wearer feels as if they are wrapped by a motherly embrace.

As usual I will provide some ideas, and as usual you are free to use or ignore them as you please.
There is a spirit realm that Zivilyn has visited before. It seems to have been effectively a kaer for beast spirits of all varieties, and can be accessed by passing through a circle of stones at the top of a wooded hill in the middle of open plains. Also, there's a cabal of Nethermancers supposedly sealing away something dangerous inside (so there's a potential BBEG for you), and a maybe-it's-a-dragon-but-probably-not flew overhead at some point. This seems like it would provide plentiful opportunities for challenging opponents, since beast spirits tend to feel a *teensy* bit more epic than regular beasts at circle 11 (although technically I think all creatures in the adventure other than Temur's Horse Spirit Tulaany Egch used the regular stat block, possibly with an awakened mask or something like that). Being a spirit quest would also tie in really well for Zivilyn in general.
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1924

Location: "To the South and a little East" from Throal, about 5 days journey mounted give or take, if you use the spirit realm I mentioned above. Or, maybe there's another entrance somewhere else.

Circle: ECR 11.
I am told that some GMs consider a C11 deed to be the sort of thing that needs to be hard difficulty, and I am fine with that if needed so long as Zivilyn has caught up on circle-up training by the time this adventure rolls around. I would like at *least* one of my disciplines to be warden before going on a circle 11 hard. I am much more open to C11 medium without being properly a Warden Adept.

Reward: If you do use the spirit realm idea, and you're looking for something to offer beyond just the deed completion, most physical rewards seem out of place so I guess training? (maybe there's a ghost master in there somewhere, maybe someone outside is just willing to offer training because they care about what's in there).
Alternately, for some characters a Binding Secret (MP 248 and 354) might be an option. (again, this is mostly if you're looking for ideas to offer to other characters... although Zivilyn wouldn't necessarily turn down any Binding Secrets, I don't have any special plans for them)

Benefit: If the party actually finds any super-dangerous threats and deals with them, I suppose that's something.

Notable NPCs: There's a group of Nethermancers (not named), a large flying reptile that could be a dragon (not named), and about a bajillion spirits (so far only beast spirits have been observed, but YMMV), none of which were named to my knowledge of the ones we met the last time (apart from Tulaany Egch)