Rumor (Any): It's Terror Time Again

Moderator:etherial

Sharkforce
Rumor (Any): It's Terror Time Again

Post by Sharkforce » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:26 pm

in keeping with my (self-imposed) rule of having one rumour per character active at a time, I'm relinquishing my claim on this one. If you're interested, it's all yours.

Player: Any

Rumor: An old mansion is showing signs of being "haunted", and is rumoured to even have hallways where the doors don't lead to where they should. Cats that walk on two legs, corpses that rise at night, and maybe even a ghost or two.

Location: Seems like all the really awful stuff always happens in Wolf Ridge at 41.10, but it could happen in a variety of places.

Circle: Any

Reward: I for one would find it slightly amusing if someone got an oversized hunting dog out of the deal.

Benefit: Wolf Ridge being cleared out *again* might benefit the nearby community of Juniper Hollow. Alternately, if this is happening elsewhere, could be whatever you want.

Notable NPCs: I didn't have anything specific in mind, although if you want to use the strange hallways part of the rumour it would suggest an Illusionist, and I think we have a couple of those kicking around. On the other hand, tradition dictates that there should be someone in a remarkably convincing mask behind all the strange activity ;)

As usual, I am quite flexible on the details. Most of the stuff above is a thinly-veiled reference to something, so feel free to use them or not as you like.