(expired) (9M): I See a Bad Moon Rising

Moderator:etherial

Sharkforce
(expired) (9M): I See a Bad Moon Rising

Post by Sharkforce » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:06 am

Player: Zivilyn (Sharkforce)
Rumor: The Scourge have somehow gotten their hands on a mobile flying fortress and an army of monsters beyond what the many smaller towns, villages, and other outposts around Barsaive could hope to defend themselves from. Airships armed with cannons are a hard target for the Scourge, but what can a village of a few hundred people hope to do? Zivilyn has found references to something that might help at a lesser cost; maybe it's a way to infuse ballista bolts with true air like a flight dagger to help reach targets high in the air, or an enchanted totem that can cover a small area with illusions, or a blood charm that allows the user to strike insubstantial targets (probably not that, it would be too useful for players) or a digging tool infused with true earth that can open a temporary cavern for people to hide in, or stone weapons that are exceptionally effective against storm wraiths, but it's definitely something enchanted, and preferably something that could potentially be copied for the use of other villages. Perhaps the Earth Elemental Sif knows something that could be of value, and might take particular satisfaction in bringing down corrupted Air Elementals. Alternately, maybe the rumour is false and Zivilyn will just have to settle for learning how to enchant things and design something from scratch to help protect his beloved home town in exchange for something else of value that he brings back. He's certainly not going to complain if it leads to a few extra books for his library, either.
Location: Zivilyn, being biased, would start with figuring out a solution for Skyreader Island, but the solution is probably someplace with dangers greater than gorging oneself on fruit-filled confectionery. Maybe someplace close to a mountain range where Sky Raiding Trolls are a problem.
Circle: 9M
Reward: Training in enchanting knacks. Enchanting patterns and enchanting materials could also make sense, although I'm uncertain that Zivilyn will be looking to pick any up.
Benefit: Skyreader Island should be better prepared in case of attacks from the Scourge (the cult, not the event), and over time perhaps other places will be protected too.
Notable NPCs: I haven't got a specific patron in mind. There is an NPC named Kananaea in Skyreader Island that is acting as some sort of leader, if you need one (I have no idea whether they are male or female, T'skrang or Windling). Zivilyn has some ties with the Gray Cliffs trading company, which does some trade in enchanted goods, who he is probably more likely to favour working with if it makes sense (and if you use Sif, that will probably come into play because Sif's home is in a mine that is now owned by that company).