AAR (7M): Glenwood Deep (2021-06-11 @ 2300 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

predajey
AAR (7M): Glenwood Deep (2021-06-11 @ 2300 GMT)

Post by predajey » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:13 pm

LFG: [7M] Glenwood Deep
Time: 2021-06-11 @ 2300 GMT (7PM EST)
GM: Pub
Difficulty: 7M
Rumor Source: Truck

Rumor: Complete the rank 5 deed for Windfury
Rank Three Key Knowledge: The owner must learn about the windling tribe. [It calls Glenwood Deep home]
Rank Five Deed: The owner must travel to the tribe and earn their favor.

Alt Reward: Half Priced Alchemical Goodies

Note: 3-5 Players
Last edited by predajey on Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

ChrisDDickey

Re: LFG (7H): Glenwood Deep

Post by ChrisDDickey » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:17 pm

Name: Truck
Date Player last played: My rumor
ECR: 7
Discipline: Warrior 6th circle, WindMaster, Scholar - Windling.
Quote/Unique:  
Notable Abilities: Slice and Dice, with a bit of investigation on the side.
Downtime: Item History (rank 4, step 14). Research (rank 4, step 14).

Very Useful Gloves

Re: LFG (7H): Glenwood Deep (2021-06-11 @ 2300 GMT)

Post by Very Useful Gloves » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:50 pm

Name: Juniper
ECL: 8
Discipline: Shadow who Quests for Lochost
Quote/Unique: "Power to the people!"
Notable Abilities: Streetwise, Looks good naked, people person
Downtime: Drugs, poetry slams, volunteering, romantic entanglements
Last Game Played: 2021-03-12

verse86

Re: LFG (7H): Glenwood Deep (2021-06-11 @ 2300 GMT)

Post by verse86 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:27 pm

Name: Vallone
Date of Last Game Played:
ECR: 6
Discipline: Shadow 6
Unique: A dodgy little windling who throws shadow spears. Hates crows.
Downtime: N/A

Serespar

Re: LFG (7M): Glenwood Deep (2021-06-11 @ 2300 GMT)

Post by Serespar » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:06 am

Name: Strata
Date of Last Game Played [ Scenario ]: "I punched a Skulk tother day..." [ April 27, 2021 ]
Circle: ECR 6, Circle 5
Discipline: Obsidiman Gauntlet ( Journeyman Rank )
Unique: "I punches stuff"
Downtime: Talents and Skills that other characters can use over downtime;
*Strata just looks at ya*, then says "I punches stuff"

Primary character

redwraith

Post by redwraith » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:32 am

Name: R'edtarian
Date of Last Game Played: 2021-05-22
Circle: 6 ECR7
Discipline: Warrior / Weapon Smith
Unique: The best defense is a great offense.
Downtime: Research Rank 3 Step 9 (step 12 with library access)
Downtime: Item History Rank 2 Step 12
Downtime: Forge Weapon Rank 4 Step 14

I have a time limit of 3 hours or so as I have another commitment at 10:30.

predajey

Post by predajey » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:28 am

AAR: Glenwood Deep
GM: Pub
ECR: 7
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
Juniper: 13000 LP, 775 SP, 3 TIPs
R'edtarian: 13000 LP, 775 SP, 3 TIPs
Strata: 13000 LP, 775 SP, 3 TIPs

Truck: 13,000 LP, 0 SP, 3 TIPS, TI Deed. Kelia’s Antidote x 2 (125 sp), Kelix’s Poultice x 2 (50 sp). Cure Disease Potion (250 sp), Halt Illness Potion (50 sp), Salve of Closure x 2 (200 sp), Booster Potion x 4 (100 sp).

Vallone: 13000 LP, 775 SP, 3 TIPs

Alt Rewards: Healing Aids

Journals: 650 LP, 193.8 SP

GM Reward: Calina (13000 LP, 775 SP, 3 TIPs)

Downtime:

[Item History] rank 4, step 14
[Research] rank 4, step 14 (step 17 with library access)
[Forge Weapon] rank 4, step 14

Summary:
The party traveled to Glenwood Deep, where they were asked to test out several alchemical concoctions to identify the components based on the recipes and effects. After consuming a potion designed to accelerate plant growth, the party was taken back in time to when the scourge was beginning. While the Shadows of the Glass-Leaf Singers did not exist in the Glenwood Deep, they did exist before the scourge. After dealing with a group of Wingflayers, they had earned the favor of the tribe and were returned to their own time, able to watch the scourge unfold and the Kaers open.

Serespar

Re: AAR (7M): Glenwood Deep (2021-06-11 @ 2300 GMT)

Post by Serespar » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:57 am

From da Journal of Strata
<Throalic year equivalent to June 11, 2021>

Went wit Truck da windling warrior, Vallone da windling shadow, Juniper da elf shadow questor of Lochost guy, n R’edtarian da human weaponsmith-warrior guy ta Glenwood Deep ta help some windlings or something; Truck asked, so said sure (details didint really matter). He told me more stuff about his sword or somethin but I didn’t catch all o it *shrug*

We walked the road ta Sosoanopa, no punchin.

Got on one of dem river boats n went west ta Lake Vors n Maratha, no punching.

Walked overland ta Glenwood Deep, no punching.

Wandered around da ‘Deep lookin fur windlings, no punching.

I stood guard alot.

Truck was looking for da Shadows of the Glass Leaf Singer Clan or some such; seems they waz not heard from since da Scourge, or so da local windlings said.

Da Stone Tree Hive Leader Isabaela Bisbisral sent us one way. Stardust Leader Supravani Mielenthose sent us anoder. Met Joe the Scribe who knew some stuff; sent us off with dis map that might be to where da Shadow Glass Leaf Singer kaer was at, while he did more research checkin stuff for Truck. I made a map of where we wuz goin, but gave it ta Truck after we got back. Dem windmasters don’t like stuff like dat about da ‘Deep gettin out.

Den der was berries. Blu n Yeller. Juniper ate some of ‘em en his eyes got all black like wit no pupils, like dey get at da bar sumtimz. I stood guard while Truck n da guys figured out some berry puzzle ting da windlings wanted help wit whilz Juniper tripped.

Wasn’t sure of how da next bit happened, but we had ta take some berry juice stuff to go ‘cross time to wen da Shadow Glass Leaf Singers waz around, or sumtin. Wizard ting maybe? Der wuz windlins growin up realz fast n we could see da Scourge zippin past thru time n stuff. N der was an old windling guy dat Truck talked to. Didn’t follow all da buzzin talk in windlin, but upshot waz der was some horror tings killin windlins dat needed punchin *now we talkin feral grin*

We went ta where deez wing flayer shards o stone glass horror tings waz. I punched ‘em.

Afterwards, da old windlin guy said da Shadow Glass Leaf Singerz was all in one kaer, but they didn’t get along too good so when it opened, they fragmented into da hives [tribes] dat live in the ‘Deep today. He gave us more berry juice to come back thru the wizard time pocket ting n get back.

We walked back to Lake Vors, no punchin.

Took a boat to Sosanopa, no punchin.

Walked back to Throal, no punchin.

ChrisDDickey

Post by ChrisDDickey » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:47 am

You are reading the writings of Truck of the Deep Servos. 

My sword Windfury has a deed to gain the favor of the clan who made it. I had previously learned that the clan was the Shadows of the Glass-Leaf Singers, who were in a certain area prior to the scourge, though we did not run into them when I was there last fall. We did however run into several clans who had similar names. 

We traveled to the location several windling clans called home, and spoke to Isabaela Bisbisral leader of the Stone Tree Hive. She said she had never heard of that clan, but said that the sword looked very similar to the types that the stardust clan (known for their craftsmanship) were making. She suggested I talk to them. We passed through the lands of the Ghost Glass hive and arrived at the Stardust hive and spoke to their Leader Supravani Mielenthose.

She asked us to do her a favor and identify some berries for them. It seems that before the scourge they had laid in huge stores of various alchemical ingredients, but these bins were all empty now, and they realized they did not know how to distinguish the fresh berries from each other. They found places where all the berries grow, but don't know which berries are which. In particular, they had two types of yellow berries, and three types of blue berries that they can't identify what type of berry each is. We found that if placed in cool water, both types of yellow berry float, and one of the three types of blue berry float while the other two types sink. We also found that each has a very distinct look when viewed in Astral space. We sampled small quantities of berries solo, and noted their qualities. We then had them mix the berries according to their traditional recipes and noted the effects of the concoctions.

Eventually we were able to construct the following table for them.
Yellow (A). Fordinia Conceult     Floats,   Pulse from sky to ground,                                         Drowsy. 
Yellow (B).   Warderenia Ductelia           Floats,  pulse from ground to sky,                                            Happy. 
Blue (1)    Coleandra Sordid                   Sinks, magnetic field oblong elliptical, meets at top splits.        Lighter. 
Blue (2)   Chevroge Skuweranium         Sinks,  pulse center outward.                                                     Pulse slows down, but blood flows faster. 
Blue (3)    Shearidon Collessis               Floats,  center fades out, and fades in.                                     No effects solo.  
Combinations:
Yellow #A, Blue 2.    No obvious effect.    Repair minor damage. in the grass. Heals a squirrel. 
Yellow A, Blue 1      Juniper said it was wonderful. 

Juniper drank the potion that we later determined was traditionally used for growing plants quickly. passed out, but when he woke up he said it was wonderful and was quite insistent that we try it. When he finally convinced us (which was  not easy) we each felt our souls float out of our body. Others described the sensation as being transported to the Astral Plane, but I observed none of the horrific effects I have read travel to the Astral Plane usually involves. 

Time passed strangly. On the one hand, it felt to us as if were were there for weeks. We did not need to eat, but we slept many times, seemingly to those on watch for full nights. We could see windlings going about their daily lives, but at a vastly accelerated pace. We would see a child one day, the next an adult, and the following an elder. We could not interact with these windlings, nether touch them nor be touched. We followed these windlings back to their home, and they seemed to be based at stone tree. Inside the area now known as the council of owls, we saw three old men staying still next to some flasks labeled "drink me". We drunk them and our times synchronized so that we were in the same plane, and could talk to each other. 

They explained that we were now in the time before the scourge, and the clan was sore beset by Wingflayers. They asked if we could destroy them. We set out to do so, and managed to accomplish the task, though I was uncouncouse by the end. We were given to understand that other wielders of windfury, both from the distant past, and the future had or were also making their way to that time to defeat the horrors besetting the tribe. So if you are reading this journey to better understand your windfury deed, now you know. 

We then were given another potion to send us back to our time. We had the unique experience of watching the scourge pass in quick time. It seemed to take months, but again we could safely observe it all. We determined that the Shadows of the Glass-Leaf Singers, at the end of the scourge, broke up into 5 smaller hives, which is why 5 of the hives have names that make up part of the old clan name. 

redwraith

Post by redwraith » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:33 pm

What is it with the Servos Jungle? Why does Truck want to go back to the jungle? I should buy some property there as I seem to head there every couple of months.

Truck approached me to assist him in finding some lost clan, Shadows of the Glass-Leaf Slingers, try saying that three times...They apparently have some information about his sword that he needs to learn it's full potential. He also asked Strata, Vallone and Juniper to assist him in his quest.

Our trip into the Servos was uneventful which allowed me to study and contemplate my journeyman path and trying to figure out what abilities I wanted to learn since the world was opened to me. I thought about picking up some spell casting abilities to aid me in healing others but I will have to see.

After spending several days lost in thought we arrived at the village of the Stone Tree Hive clan, where Isabaela suggested we talk to the Stardust clan further into the Jungle. How many Windlings live the Servos?

Once we arrive at the Stardust clan they are having some issues with creating some new potions from a variety of local berries and asked us if we wanted to assist in testing these potions. Truck and Vallone jumped at the chance to do the alchemy, Strata stood on guard(or he was taking a standing nap)Juniper was willing to sample some of the potions as some of their effects were very satisfactory. Eventually an odd combination of berries had an unforeseen effect.

This plant growth potion didn't cause namegivers to suddenly grow but allowed us to project to the astral plane somehow. While we were there we saw a community of windlings go about their day but time moved differently for them than it did us. Once we found the astral village there was an old man beside a table with some potions sitting on the table with a sign saying drink me. It seemed like these potions had been left for us. Up till this time we had not been able to talk with or interact with the astral Windlings at all. After we drank these new potions time warped again and we were now moving in the same time flow as the astral Windlings.

The astral Windlings were actually in the past just before the Scourge and were being attacked by a group of Wingflayers and asked for our assistance which we were glad to provide. Strata was very happy to start punching things. After we defeated the Wingflayers we talked with the astral Windlings again and learnt that if we drank yet another potion we would move quickly trough time to our own and return to our bodies. The astral Windlings would move through time normally now that the Wingflayers had been defeated.

Truck was successful in learning about his swords history and we all learned about the Servos Windlings history.