AAR: [5M] Save Kh'ong (2021-04-27 2300 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

redwraith
Re: AAR: [5M] Save Kh'ong (2021-04-27 2300 GMT)

Post by redwraith » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:24 am

I was in Throal minding my own business when I heard some people talking about the great hunt coming up to slay Kh'ong in the Servos. This hunt was to be lead and funded by Ralc Dheman. I'm not a fan of hunting for sport there are many nasty creatures, undead and horrors that people could be spending their time and energy in defeating rather than hunting more natural beasts.

It turns out that others weren't impressed by this "great hunt" and they had spread the word that they were looking for some Adepts to intercept and stop Ralc. Orlam, Strata, Dale and Truck were all interested in stopping this hunt as well. We gathered some supplies and made the journey to the jungle to stop Ralc.

Truck apparently knows some of the tribes in the Servos so we stopped at Ironbark to gather some supplies and gather some news on Ralc and his hunting party. They had passed by a couple of days earlier so we had to make haste to catch them before they found Kh'ong.

One night the jungle residents decided that Truck's goat would make a great late night snack and snatched the goat right out of our camp with it's tongue. This was shocking and surprised our guards as the goat just disappeared in a flash. As I was waking up another creature figured I would be as good a meal as any goat and lashed out with it's tongue to drag me in. I was struggling with the beast and the rest of the party turned to assist me once the blessed goat was saved. It turned out to be a rather rude awakening for myself but no real harm.
We soon managed to catch up with the thinned out hunting party as we found evidence of others who disliked this group of hunters and had attacked them during their march. When we caught up with them there were only a handful of people left but it seemed like they knew that Kh'ong was near by and were planning there ambush.

We decided to slowly approach them and attempt to take them by surprise but our ability to be stealthy was poor and the ambush they were discussing wasn't for Kh'ong but for us. After an intense fight we defeat most of the guards and the mighty hunter Ralc fled into the jungle. Hopefully the jungle deals with him.

Truck wanted to talk with his tribe which were near by and Orlam wanted to trade his cloak with another group of jungle residents who had managed to capture some of Ralc's labourers. I just wanted to find a nice cool stream, free of crocodiles.