AAR: [2H] Ant Farm - 2021-04-01 @ 23:00 GMT -Updated Time

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

redwraith
Re: AAR: [2H] Ant Farm - 2021-04-01 @ 23:00 GMT -Updated Time

Post by redwraith » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:51 pm

I was minding my own business selling some bottles of muscle relaxants when I was approached by the town guard...again. Though this time they asked me to take a look at some strange happenings in Trayckid as the farmers there were having some issues with ants. Ants? Really this should be easy I mean I've stomped some ants in my time and the silver being offered was very interesting. I head on over to Trayckid and meet up with Tor'val, Orfen, Youghdel the angriest Windling I've ever meet and Z'mokki.

Once at Trayckid it wasn't very difficult to find and track down some of these ants, the ones I killed in town didn't count apparently. The ones we came across were of unusual size. I've decided that these ants should of been called A.U.S or ants of unusual size, though to be fair Barsaiv does have many creatures of unusual size so maybe I need a new way of categorizing creatures.

We quickly managed to dispatch this smaller group of ants but the farmers wanted the hive taken care of as well. They did offer a nice bonus if we managed to clean out the hive. We didn't really want to spend weeks sieging the hive to kill all of the ants so we needed a better plan. We eventually came up with the idea to smoke/burn out the ants from the hive with a flaming wagon and some fire bombs dropped into the hive from above via Youghdel. Well this plan worked very well and the queen ant and her guards exited the hive.

We faced off against the queen and her guards and much to everyone's surprise we dispatched of these ants almost as quickly as I stomp the ants in my kitchen back home. With the queen dead the rest of the ants fled in search of another queen to rule them and the farmers were very pleased to pay us the bonus promised. They didn't even mind me taking some of the queen's blood and other giant ant fluids for my new growth tonic. Maybe Youghdel would be interested in some.