AAR: [6H] The Long Road to Ruin 2021-3-20 @ 1900 gmt

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

verse86
Re: AAR: [6H] The Long Road to Ruin 2021-3-20 @ 1900 gmt

Post by verse86 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:01 pm

Vallone's Journal:
Money is getting tight again. It never seems to last as long as I would like. It looks like I will be away again for another month, maybe two. I found work in Throal. A human merchant needed help finding out what was going on with his caravans. Dale was leading this adventure with Red'tarian, Taras, and Calina along as well.

It seems the caravan was on its way to Lake Ban when it went missing. I hadn't heard any rumors of a missing caravan when I left, but who knows. We made our way there where I gathered up some information (and stopped by to check on Sarell). It seems the caravan never made it here so we set out to follow its original route. We were able to find a place where tracks seemed to go off the expected path. We followed them for some time.

Be warned if you're traveling near Lake Ban, there are some creatures that look as beautiful as porcelain dolls, but with huge hands. They seem to multiply before your eyes and put up quite a fight. I took to the air to avoid the worst of the onslaught. Despite that I was quite worn out by the end of the drawn out battle. I saw many of the creatures getting away once the tide of battle turned to our side. I don't believe this will be the last sighting of these things.

We finally tracked the caravan to a town. The tracks seemed to lead all over which made us believe they didn't just pass through. After talking with the local leaders, we were offered a room for the night. This is where everything went wrong. They attacked us in the night and threw us in their jails. Fortunately, Dale's illusion magic was able to trick the guards allowing us to escape. Once we had the guards dealt with, they were very willing to divulge the location of the missing caravan members. It seems they had been put to work as slaves in a nearby barn. After getting our gear, we sneaked to the barn and freed the caravan members. From there we made our escape and returned them to Throal. Job well done.