Wallpapers and other goodies

Feedback on and wishlist items for the FASA web site, forums, and shop.
Marzhin
Wallpapers and other goodies

Post by Marzhin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:08 pm

It would be great if the site could have a section dedicated to wallpapers, icons and the like.
For instance I've been wanting to have a Earthdawn wallpaper on my PC for a while, but it's hard to find a nice artwork suitable for 1920*1080 (and higher) resolutions on the internet. I'm sure players of the other game lines would appreciate to have them too :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Bogie

Re: Wallpapers and other goodies

Post by Bogie » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:21 pm

That does remind me I need to get the Downloads section back up so that people can get character sheets and stuff. I'll pass that request along to the art guys. :)
Todd Bogenrief
Noble Armada Line Developer, U18 Rules Guru

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:28 pm

To add on to this, I'm noticing just now that there aren't a lot of images on the site - lots of text and logos, but nothing that lets a new player hook his or her imagination on. Would it be possible to add a slideshow to each game section with artwork from the books? Maybe change the header image to a sweet ornate filigreed ironwork gate-topper type thing? I know it feels low-priority, but I started playing Earthdawn 20 years ago as a direct result of looking at the artwork in the book. People aren't going to pick up the book randomly in a Barnes & Nobles like I did anymore.

Also, and this is an aside - Is it really necessary to have everything on the store from every edition? At the very least, it might be a good idea to give top billing with typography and design to 4th edition. It's a pretty common problem with online stores like this, but it's pretty tough to tell at a glance what I want to buy to start playing Earthdawn today.

Bogie

Post by Bogie » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:13 pm

Yeah I hear you. Our first priority was to just get a functioning website that actually shows current information. Now that we have that going we'll be slowly trying to make it pretty. The main problem with adding more images is just time. We need to find the images, edit the images for web, figure out where to put them, mess with CSS for 18 hours to move it one inch to the right, that kind of thing.

In a related note, I want to choke whoever invented CSS.
Todd Bogenrief
Noble Armada Line Developer, U18 Rules Guru

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:44 am

Aww, CSS ain't so bad. You mean Chocolate Strawberry Sprinkles, right?

The Undying

Post by The Undying » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:27 am

CSS. 'Cause Special Syntax! Cryptographic Symbol System! Casual Stroke Stimulation!

I agree, CSS is a big pile of ... fun ... times. To be fair, though, the real culprit is the rendering model used for HTML, and the completely foolish ways a number of layouts attempt to break it. Relative-position descendant contains an absolute-position child offset from the parent's parent, and said absolute-position child contains a relative-position descendant that contains an absolute-position child offset to its true parent. So, if I change the x-position for the second absolute-position child by one pixel, does it snow in Amsterdam when forklifts bake brownies?

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:35 am

Bogie wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:21 pm
That does remind me I need to get the Downloads section back up so that people can get character sheets and stuff. I'll pass that request along to the art guys. :)
Any news on that topic? :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Andrew1879

Post by Andrew1879 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:28 pm

The 1879 section has a Downloads topic where I'm posting stuff for distribution.

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:42 pm

I had some free time so I put together a few wallpapers for ED4. Feel free to use them if you like them :)
The resolution is 1920x1080.

Click on the previews for the full version :)

edit: here's a new one, with a classic artwork :)

Last edited by Marzhin on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Groucho Marx)

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:09 am

Cool! Thank you for that!