Samsut and boojums

Discussion of GMing 1879. Warning: Here there be spoilers!
Ukhata
Samsut and boojums

Post by Ukhata » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:14 pm

Ive tried to find it, but ive not been able to find definitive answer to the question of: Are there boojums in the Samsut people?
if so what percentage of what race?
and are they lower status? are there more or less Amelites or mushkenites of a certain race or not?

Slimcreeper

Re: Samsut and boojums

Post by Slimcreeper » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:54 pm

I have seen a forum answer somewhere that yes, they do, but they tend to keep them hidden away. Maybe there is a prejudice against them or something. I don't know if there is anything more official until we get the Samsut book.

ChrisDDickey

Post by ChrisDDickey » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:20 am

My understanding is that the "technology" that lets them animate the dead uses, transforms, or redirects so much of the available magic such that the mana level in most Samsuit cities is not suitable for sustaining Boojum forms. So any place that has the "power plants" that power the undead cannot sustain boojum life.
Thus, I think, any samsut of many families who spends too much time (weeks I think) in the outback away from settlements, without taking precautions against it, might get looking glass feaver and transform. From then on they can't go to settlements without sickening, and eventually dying. I think that there are expensive magic focuses that guard against both both becoming a boojum, and sustaining a boojum in a low magic environment like a samsut city.
So the answer would be rare, and almost never in or near actual settlements. Loners, lone families, and specific boojum communities that don't have undead (the mark of samsut civilization).
Last edited by ChrisDDickey on Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:59 pm

Cool!

Mnaiosa

Post by Mnaiosa » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:04 am

I read on a message board that they do have such systems, but that they are typically kept secret. Perhaps they are the target of prejudice.
1v1.lol unblocked

Ranasy

Post by Ranasy » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:53 am

I believe that any Samsut of numerous families who spends an excessive amount of time (weeksdrift boss, I guess), away from settlements in the outback, without taking safeguards against it, is at risk of developing looking glass feaver and transforming into a looking glass feaver.

gemerlost

Post by gemerlost » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:18 pm

To get into college you often need an informative speech. I thought a lot about how I was going to do this assignment because I didn't really understand what an informative speech was and what it was for. Good thing I found an article about informative speech topics for college https://essayservice.com/blog/informati ... or-college on this site and figured it out. I understood what an informative speech is for and how to write and deliver it correctly. This article helped me a lot

priyanka

service provider

Post by priyanka » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:33 am

We guarantee that these Candolim Beach Call Girl can arrange the best date for you if you want to get the best out of your time with them.

polinkuer12

Post by polinkuer12 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:11 pm

Quick Draw is not your typical drawing game. With its combination of time pressure, creativity, and guessing, it adds a thrilling twist to the artistry. Whether you prefer to doodle with a pen and paper or enjoy the digital touch, there's no doubt that this game will put your drawing skills to the ultimate test.