The Gang Gets Poisoned

Discussion of GMing 1879. Warning: Here there be spoilers!
Slimcreeper
The Gang Gets Poisoned

Post by Slimcreeper » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:36 pm

This is not written up very professionally, and I have no idea how it's going to end. Still, I think it's got some good stuff if you are going to be running in the Gruv, and it has some examples of Engine-empowered security.

If you are my players, stay out! There are spoilers that will still be spoilers after the adventure is done.

The Gang Gets Poisoned
The gang is poisoned at dinner and nearly die. They rush out into the night, trying to catch the poisoner, but they have had a minute to run and the tracks are muddled.

Mr. Bryce disguised himself as their waiter and poisoned them. He bolted. TN to track him just based on Perception: 25.

The players will probably not find Mr. Bryce, unless things really break their way. Particularly since Mr. Vance and Lady Lyttelton will be stalling them.

There are three lines of investigation that will pay off: The Pocket Clock Gang, which is in negotiations to start smuggling splithee; Funani Bhengu, a Zulu Byron who has seen proof of their smuggling operations; and Prof. Judith Blaine, a former splithee addict.

Mr. Vance and Bryce will set the Pocket Clock Gang on the party if they stay in Fort Alice for more than a few days. They aren’t aware that Grayson-Burnett is in the beginning of negotiations with them to set up smuggling operations.

Whatever investigations the party undertakes will lead them initially to either Bhengu, Blaine, or both. They may search the PWG’s headquarters, located in a warehouse. Alternatively, they may try to break into the Library of the British Museum’s Gruv Offices, where Bhengu used to work. If they have Engine Programming skills, they might be able to print out evidence of the smuggling there. Finally, they may investigate Grayson-Burnett herself at the Airship Yards, possibly finding the splithee hidden in her apartment.

If they manage to pin the evidence on Grayson-Burnett, she will attempt to flee with Capt. Farley on board the Eagle Dash.

The adventure itself:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rko ... sp=sharing
The folder with all of the characters:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Slimcreeper

Re: The Gang Gets Poisoned

Post by Slimcreeper » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:14 pm

Okay, here is a massive consequence that I didn't fully realize when I wrote this - the Sons are already behind on their splithee shipments - they're trying to find a new smuggling arrangement. The gang is about to shut off the new potential pipeline as well as the chemist primarily responsible for manufacturing it. Everyone the Sons has been blackmailing is about to run out of their supply at the same time. Politicians, academics, business leaders, generals, criminals - everyone. They will all be in withdrawal at the same time.

Mnaiosa

Post by Mnaiosa » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:34 am

The gang is preparing to eliminate the chemist who is most responsible for producing the new potential pipeline, and with him, the pipeline itself. The blackmail supply of everyone the Sons have threatened is set to run out at the same time.
puppet hockey

Ranasy

Post by Ranasy » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:52 am

The gang is preparing to eliminate the scientist who is most responsible for producing the new potential pipeline, and with him, the pipeline itself.
geometry dash subzero

Corbine

Post by Corbine » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:39 am

Is this a true story or not? geometry dash meltdown

cherriesonce

Post by cherriesonce » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:59 am

Now for a significant repercussion that I was not fully aware of when I wrote this: the Sons are now behind on their splithee shipments and are looking for other smuggling routes. The gang is preparing to cut off both the scientist who is mostly in charge of producing it and the new potential pipeline. skibidi toilet

adelebrown68

Post by adelebrown68 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:58 am

It's Always Sunny delivers a near-perfect poisoned valentine. papa's games papa louie