Magic: Deeper Secrets

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Rondragos
Magic: Deeper Secrets

Post by Rondragos » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:13 pm

There is so few Information on the fasagames homepage and even a Forum Search didn't come up with a certain infos so I'm almost questioning my memory at this point.... but wasn't there a statement that there will be the Magic: Deeper Secrets book coming end of 2021?

Is it canceled? Is it being worked on? Is it delayed? I know that there is much focus on the Vasgothia book, but although I'm also excited for this, having more Spell and other magical options as well as having more info on Magic to give ingame more Wizard-Nerd-Lectures would be great...

so tl;dr: Is there any info on the Magic: Deeper Secrets book?

Slimcreeper

Re: Magic: Deeper Secrets

Post by Slimcreeper » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:27 pm

It's definitely not canceled! FASA doesn't have very strict publishing deadlines. Basically, they push to get all the writing done, and then get a kickstarter confirmed.

Sharkforce

Post by Sharkforce » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:36 pm

I doubt FASA would have ever said a specific date of release, but they might have said something along the lines of "it would be nice if...." and then gave a timeline. but even that timeline would have come with a disclaimer that it's not a planned expectation, but rather something that would be nice.

they'll probably talk about the book in this year's upcoming freedoniacon. they did in the last one, after all (there's a video on youtube on the FASA games channel). you might try showing up in their discord and asking at that time... and you'll probably get the same sort of answer that it would be nice if it came out soon, but they don't have a firm date.

Belenus

Post by Belenus » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:16 pm

Asked the exact same thing a few days ago in Facebook :lol:
This was Josh's answer:
"Deeper Secrets" is still being worked on. We're a small team doing the work around day jobs and family commitments. A rules book also generally takes more work than a setting book. Sorry it tales so long, but that's the nature of the beast.
Unfortunately I can't give a rough timeline. I suspect Morgan will be providing an update during FreedoniaCon later this month.
The book is mainly his project. Part of the reason for the delay is the desire for him to provide feedback on rules material in other books.