So I have a "hobby" of proofreading...

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Sharkforce
So I have a "hobby" of proofreading...

Post by Sharkforce » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:43 pm

As the title says. Yes, I know it's a weird "hobby". (It isn't really quite a hobby; I enjoy reading RPG books, which is more the actual hobby, and I tend to notice spelling errors, missing words, and weird grammar more than the average bear (also more than the average human, I'm pretty sure). Sometimes, I'll take the time to write down the things that I notice rather than just moving onward, and give that to the company so they can do something with it).

So, point being, I have a list of things I noticed while reading through the Travar book (and eventually I'll get to the other books I own as well, probably). I have no idea if there's already a list of changes made and I'm just duplicating someone's effort, but if you're interested, let me know how you'd like me to get it to you.

etherial

Re: So I have a "hobby" of proofreading...

Post by etherial » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:08 am

We had a Google Sheet for these things when Kickstarter Backers got proofs. I suggest you back Iopos.

tylerdietrich

Post by tylerdietrich » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:30 pm

I believe, this video will be interesting and useful for people, who don't know what proofreading is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j17Czy ... reyLibrary.
Hello, I am Robert, living in the USA. My main hobby is architecture, but if you are a smart and interesting person, we'll definitely find what to talk about. I am working as an editor in the compare and contrast writing division.

Ethan O Connor

Post by Ethan O Connor » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:28 am

Sharkforce wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:43 pm
As the title says. Yes, I know it's a weird "hobby". (It isn't really quite a hobby; I enjoy reading RPG books, which is more the actual hobby, and I tend to notice spelling errors, missing words, and weird grammar more than the average bear (also more than the average human, I'm pretty sure). Sometimes, I'll take the time to write down the things that I notice rather than just moving onward, and give that to the company so they can do something with it).

So, point being, I have a list of things I noticed while reading through the Travar book (and eventually I'll get to the other books I own as well, probably). I have no idea if there's already a list of changes made and I'm just duplicating someone's effort, but if you're interested, let me know how you'd like me to get it to you.
It's good hobby to keep you busy. I like it very much. This show that your are highly professional in your field of work.