Possibility of offering PDFs in different hues/tones/saturations/etc.?

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Egorimus
Possibility of offering PDFs in different hues/tones/saturations/etc.?

Post by Egorimus » Mon May 02, 2022 11:19 pm

I currently own a couple of the source books for Earthdawn 4th Edition, as well as the PDFs that accompany them. I was attempting to use a few different PDF readers in Dark Mode to view them (as I have a medical issue that sometimes causes light sensitivity randomly through my day), but I noticed that this only changes the color of the application itself and the font on the pages, but not the *pages* themselves. We had this same issue with other PDFs (ones a friend created for a homebrew Pathfinder setting), and he did something to recolor the pages themselves or make them able to be changed on the client's end...or something to this effect. Either way, we ended up with gray-scale backgrounds and sort of a brown-yellow font on most pages, which is comfortable for me on almost all days.

Is there a way to obtain versions of the PDFs that are more Accessibility-friendly? Or, perhaps, are able to be edited on my end officially/legally? (I'm not sure to what degree I "own" my PDF, honestly.) Thank you for any help you can offer in this case, as well as your time!

--Tanner

Slimcreeper

Re: Possibility of offering PDFs in different hues/tones/saturations/etc.?

Post by Slimcreeper » Mon May 16, 2022 11:36 am

Are you a member of the Discord? These forums aren't as active lately, and I'd hate for you to be sitting and waiting for a response. I'm not sure who the Dev responsible for this would be, but I'd hit up Andi (@fasagames for email or gmandij on discord) first. She's the customer-facing person, AFAIK. Don is the Graphics/Layout guy, but I don't think he'd be making the decision.