Cathay and Other places

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
tytalan
Cathay and Other places

Post by tytalan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:42 am

One of the 1ed books talked about different areas around the world and 3ed had a nice set of Cathay: The Five Kingdoms books. Is FASA going to revise Cathay and are you going to do setting books for those other areas? If so is there any sort of time frame in mind? I’m beginning to feel that Barsaive is getting to be over done.

Sharkforce

Re: Cathay and Other places

Post by Sharkforce » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:00 am

from discussion on discord, they would like to revise cathay (or at least, parts of it) as I recall.

whether that happens, and if it does, how long that might take, are another matter.

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:44 pm

There isn't currently much interest in the team for revisiting or revising Cathay. There's other stuff we would rather work on right now.

We do have products in various stages of development that cover areas outside Barsaive.
* Arancia
* Vasgothia
* Creana

Elven Nations covers Shosara and the Western Kingdoms. They have connections with Barsaive (because elves and Blood Wood), but they're also outside areas.

I'm starting work on "Urupa & The Aras Coast" (working title) which is currently planned to explore the people from across the Aras Sea a little bit.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Wicket Warwick

Post by Wicket Warwick » Sat May 01, 2021 8:08 am

I really hoped for a revision of Cathay because it wasn't that bad but the authors didn't use the opportunity of a real mystic setting. i started a campaign there and could use some ideas. my cathay was a mix between the ED-Version and "Avatar: the last Airbender :-). The reason was, that the lands were named after elements, but nothing really happened with this fact.#

nevertheless: i am looking forward to new products (and hopefully in german language too :-))