4ed Character Sheet

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Lursi
Re: 4ed Character Sheet

Post by Lursi » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:46 pm

OK, a fillable PDF/XLS/NameOfGenericFormat
is really something useful in a time when many people have tablets to prepare their NPCs and Heroes.

Whoever did not include this as a requirement missed a need of many.
Of all things I lost, sanity I held dearest.

Griznah

Post by Griznah » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:51 am

Luckily, there are community-made fillable PDF's available. http://earthdawn.ajfel.pl/downloads/Mor ... -sheet.pdf for one.

Lursi

Post by Lursi » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:58 pm

A great sheet for a swordmaster NSC.

Now I miss spell sheets (OK, I thought about externalizing the spells to one card each so I van always see whats in the matrix)

Some more for adventuring notes and animal companions or details of the character would be nice.

As said, a great start, now lets add a few optional pages with space for things that certain heroes would need.

Belenus

Post by Belenus » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:36 pm

I only can offer you german grimoirs, but you could take it as a template for an english one.
For example for the illusionist: https://www.earthdawn-wiki.de/attach/Il ... dition.pdf

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:01 am

We have something coming very soon.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

libertydawn

Post by libertydawn » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:11 pm

So...the 'official' character sheet on the resources page is not the same as the one in the Player's Guide. They are both dated 2015 and both say Fourth Edition at the bottom. The one on the website has a different step chart than the other character sheets listed and is also different from the step chart listed in the Player's Guide...which is correct?
Last edited by libertydawn on Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:49 am

libertydawn wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:11 pm
So...the official character sheet on the resources page has a different step chart than the other character sheets listed and is also different from the step chart listed in the Player's Guide...which is correct?
How did that get missed?

The Step Chart on the sheet on the resources page (this one, for reference) is wrong. It's some kind of hybrid -- the original ED1 Steps up to Step 13 (using d10+d6 for Step 10 instead of 2d8), and then the ED3 version beyond that (which eschews the d20 for more d12s).

The correct progression is the one on the sheet in the Player's Guide (and on page 32 of the same book).

I'll let the team know. Unfortunately, I don't know how quickly it might be fixed.

libertydawn

Post by libertydawn » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:06 am

Thanks for the clarification. Some of our group had printed sheets from the website and others from the book or elsewhere online and things got confusing when we realized we had different step charts listed. We just wanted to make sure we were all on the same (correct) page. Also, is there an estimated timeline on the interactive character sheet being released and what the cost will be? Just curious. Thanks!

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:31 am

libertydawn wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:06 am
Also, is there an estimated timeline on the interactive character sheet being released and what the cost will be? Just curious. Thanks!
We were talking about it in the company staff meeting last week, and as I recall it was basically ready.

I'll poke the relevant people to see if I can get info I can talk about.

Lursi

Post by Lursi » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:01 pm

Mataxes wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:49 am
libertydawn wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:11 pm
So...the official character sheet on the resources page has a different step chart than the other character sheets listed and is also different from the step chart listed in the Player's Guide...which is correct?
How did that get missed?

The Step Chart on the sheet on the resources page (this one, for reference) is wrong. It's some kind of hybrid -- the original ED1 Steps up to Step 13 (using d10+d6 for Step 10 instead of 2d8), and then the ED3 version beyond that (which eschews the d20 for more d12s).

The correct progression is the one on the sheet in the Player's Guide (and on page 32 of the same book).

I'll let the team know. Unfortunately, I don't know how quickly it might be fixed.
In my opinion a less important problem as long as the center of the dice distribution is correct.

I allow my players any combination as long as the above condition is fulfilled.

There is a valid reason to use d6+2d8 instead of d20+d4 or vice versa. In one situation you work towards a solid average, while in the other you factor in some risk for higher chances on a critical success.