Post by Reyntrannin » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:52 am

Long, Lonely Highway
Time: 2018-10-03 23:00 GMT (7 PM ET)
GM: ReynTrannin
Circle: 4
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
August Rey: 2,200 Legend, 550 sp, 3 TIP's
fredi: 2200 legend, 3 TIPs, 475 silver, rank 3 forging on broadsword for +1 damage step
Jael: 2,200 Legend, 550 sp, 3 TIP's
Jik'escala: 2,200 Legend, 175 Silver, 3 TIPs, Forging x 3

GM Reward:
Blaethynn: 6,000 Legend, 850 sp, 1 TIP

Downtime Actions:
N/A

Additional Notes:
The ogres that were preying on passing travelers have been dealt with, although one of them did manage to escape the Adepts that cleared their lair.
The ogres seemed to be working with a large, bipedal, reptilian humanoid, much like a T'Skrang the size of an ogre, but with a very poor attitude.
The Ogres seemed to be keeping large quantities of putrefied, liquid blood in casks at the back of their lair.
The only remains found of the travelers that were taken were broken, gnawed bones. These were damaged enough to make getting an accurate count of the victims impossible, as well as preventing identification of the bodies.
Last edited by Reyntrannin on Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisDDickey

Re: LFG: [4M] Long, Lonely Highway

Post by ChrisDDickey » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:05 am

From the journal of August Rey

Travel is being disrupted on the roads leading north from Throal (the one that leads to old Sossanopa). Over the last 3 months some 3 dozen travelers have gone missing. The largest group that have gone missing had 7 members. Fredi, Jael, Jik'escala and myself were asked to investigate.

We traveled slowly down the road, making a small effort to look like easy marks. We were attacked by 4 Ogres, whom we slew. We did not find any clues there, so we decided to track the Ogres, maybe back to their lair. Zommie, Jael's wolf was able to follow the Ogre scent. It lead us to a spot on the road where there was a nearby cave. It acted like there was something dangerous in the cave. Suddenly 3 more Ogres and a large animal we later determined was a dyre ran out. We slew them, except for the dyre, which I commanded to flee. It fled back into the cave.

We decided to enter the cave immediately (as opposed to resting first), we quickly spotted 2 more ogres and large piles of bones. The Dyre was also there, but it fled back out as soon as we entered. I charged one of the Ogres but some sort of giant lizardman looking thing sprung out of ambush and struck me down. When I awoke they told me one of the Ogres had fled, but the other ogre and the lizard thing was dead. Back at Throal somebody called the lizard thing a Velos, but we were not able to learn much more about them that that.

We examined the pile of bones, but they were very broken,thus we were unable even to determine if they were name-giver or animal bones. A bit further into the cave we came to a cul-de-sac and found 15 very large barrels, well made, sealed with pitch. It was too heavy to shift. We broke one open to find it full of old and putrid blood. We broke open all the barrels, and burned all the bones except for those few we carried back to Throal in hopes that sages could divine the meaning of strange storage.

It seems clear that there are strange horror workings in that area. Hopefully our having deprived it of it's pawns will slow it's no doubt foul plans.

BattleChad

Re: AAR: Long, Lonely Highway

Post by BattleChad » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:08 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks August Rey for his contribution.

Journal Rewards: 110 Legend and 137 Silver

etherial

Post by etherial » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:28 am

The Journal of Jik'escala, T'Skrang Swordswoman Extraordinaire

1 Strassa, 1425 T.H.
The Throalic Military has put together reports of missing travelers on the road North out of the kingdom. Despite having dealt with Sgt. Corey in the past, I have agreed to make the surface safe for all Namegivers, and so I agreed. August and I met with Fredi and an Elven Beastmaster Named Jael. Jael had some sort of mutant wolf in his employ but he ensured us that Zoomy's Metallic attunement was not the result of manipulation by the Horrors.

3 Strassa
We've spent several days looking like babes in the woods. I, with my sword stowed and my trusty tail blade buried deep in my gear, and the Troajin looking more like beasts of burden than trained war mounts.

A troupe of barely cogent Ogres attacked us and were quickly dispatched. They bore no evidence of being the culprits or any other signs of civilization, but were the first clue we've encountered, so we had Zoomy follow their trail back to their lair.

3 Strassa (continued)
Outside the Ogre's lair, we debated how to proceed when three ran out with a war rhinoceros. Jael was able to scare the rhino into retreating back into its lair and two Ogres followed it, the last fell to our blades.

Chasing them within, we found piles of carefully arranged and ravenously gnawed bones. As we advanced on the remaining Ogres, some giant thing like a T'Skrang version of an ogre came out and knocked August out in a single blow. I was mostly weakened by the day's exertions, so I put myself in a defensive posture and occupied the two Ogres while Jael and his pets attacked the T'Skroger. Fredi, of course, bounced back and forth on Su, and eventually our foes fell or fled.

Beyond the piles of bones, we found 15 casks full of blood, in varying states of decay. We had no Wizard with us, but surely this place is corrupted and a horror is at large.

PCs:
August Rey, male Cavalrydwarf
Fredi Dram, female Dwarf Cavalyrwoman
Jaen'val'Jael 'Jael' Savre, male Elf Beastmaster
Jik'escala, female T'Skrang Swordmaster

NPCs:
Sergeant Brandel Corey, Dwarf Supremacist
Hedbut, a goat
Nightstalker, a Troajin
Su, a Troajin
Zoomy, a mutant

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:45 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Jik'escala for her contribution.

Journal Rewards: 110 Legend and 137 Silver