The Tome of Eternal Power

Post your characters here

Moderator:etherial

etherial
The Tome of Eternal Power

Post by etherial » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:27 pm

An illuminated page from the Tome of Eternal Power

1 Raquas, 1424 T.H.
The Briar Rose Windlings needed a scouting party to find new homeland, so I joined with others to find it. There was Aanorn, who talks too much, Bob, who talks too little, and Vashir, who talks like elf. They gave us several maps of possible locations, many days' walk from Throal.

10 Raquas
Many days walk from Throal. The first location had trees, beautiful view, waterfall, Zoaks, and wolves. We removed the wolves. Aanorn did not like the spray from the waterfall and so we kept looking.

11 Raquas
Second location was on riverbank. River was not misty, but there were no trees. There were also many Apes and Crocodiles so we decided not to stay.

12 Raquas
Third location very nice. Stream runs through it, some trees suitable for Windling infrastructure. A group of Dwarves led by a Human caught up to us. They worked for one Baron Cranshaw back in Throal, who wanted to kill or enslave the Windlings, I wasn't quite sure. The leader's gutter slang wasn't familiar to me. Regardless, when they realized that we were not going to ambush the Windlings for them, a fight broke out. Aanorn and Bob handled crowd control while Vashir and I engaged in some Rope-a-Dope with the last. Once they started dropping, a clear victory for us was laid out and we resigned ourselves to marching their worthless bodies back to Throal. It is going to be a very long trip.

PCs:
Aanorn, male Windling Troubadour
Bobitanthalnasatrythomoloso, Obsidiman Warrior
Vashir, male Elf Archer
Yotra, female Troll Illusionist

NPCs:
Ahdonnhar, Windling Hetman

etherial

Re: The Tome of Eternal Power

Post by etherial » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:19 am

3 Riag, 1424 T.H.
Yvonne sent word for Adventurers to help acquire rare ingredient for client. She promised poison glands of cockatrice to someone but is fresh out of cockatrice and needs Adepts to bring one back to her. Celemir recalls that Cockatrixes can be found in Northen Plains West of Throal, and off we went. We had plan where I used Displace Image on Aanorn and Bob to prevent them from being savaged by Cockatrice attacks.

5 Riag
Continuing West, we encounter group of Wolves. Bob forgot plan and split off from Aanorn. I do not like rewarding bad behaviour, but Bob looked like he needed defending so I cast Displace Image Spell on him and myself. This was very effective, but I was sadly mistaken about who was in danger. Wolf attacking Vashir savaged him and we were unable to save him. Remaining wolves were unable to break illusion and Celemir was able to stay outside range of wolves, and thus we remained uninjured for rest of battle.

6 Riag
In middle of night, Harpies attack Aanorn. Bob is taunted by Harpies and is very sad but wakes us. Celemir and I prepare to help comrades but Aanorn is injured by Harpies. Before I can cast spell, Celemir kills Harpies dead with arrows. Aanorn is knocked out but responds well to treatment.

7 Riag
Celemir finds Cockatrice Spoor and we hatch plan. I keep everyone hidden until we sneak up on Cockatrice. Then we kill it. Celemir removes poison glands, Aanorn becomes too sick to move. Good day but vomit everywhere.

PCs:
Aanorn, male Windling Troubadour
Bobitanthalnasatrythomoloso, Obsidiman Warrior
Celemir, male Elf Woodsman
Vashir, male Elf Archer

NPCs:
Yvonne, female Dwarf Fence

etherial

Post by etherial » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:08 am

28 Teayu, 1424 T.H.
An organization curiously called "Giant Spider People" is hiring Adepts to combat infestations of spiders and other arachnoid monsters that threaten Namegivers. I have applied to this endeavor along with Bob and several others. A Dwarven Beastmaster of their acquaintance has made some attempts to tame some multilegged creatures and they have lost contact with him. We are to attempt rescue of Dwarf if possible and eliminate any threats to Namegivers that we find.

29 Teayu
We are attacked by giant bees. They have an accordion-like sack in their abdomens that they use to drain blood from their victims. We saw this ability firsthand as one managed to drain Aerick of his blood in an instant. I succumbed to their paralytic poison and was unable to do anything but fear for my life but my allies were able to slay the beasts and I eventually recovered my faculties.

We built a pyre to burn Aerick's body, taking what personal posessions he had into our safekeeping for his family.

30 Teayu
As we climb into the mountains, we are waylaid by wolves but are able to fend them off without incident.

30 Teayu (Continued)
We found a cave with chittering and took a moment to prepare. I cast Monstrous Mantle on my allies, giving us additional fortitude against our foes. Bob charged forward to draw their ire and we were able to eliminate them one by one. The Dwarf's notes indicate they are something called "Bonecracker Scorpions" and only their newborn status left them weak enough for us to kill. The rotting corpse of the Dwarf and of their mother indicate a truly savage nature to them.

PCs:
Aerick Privista, male Elf Air Sailor
Bobitanthalnasatrythomoloso, Obsid Warrior
Dainwennan Niebo, male Windling Swordmaster
Gromdarkobarmitsarunloco, Obsid Purifier

NPCs:
Avalandohamagannahnieventhallailmar, Obsid Elementalist/Purifier
Lyorn, a Huttawa
Yendi, a monkey

etherial

Post by etherial » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:15 am

1 Borrum, 1424 T.H.
Brandel Corey, Sergeant of Throalic Military, asked for discreet inquiry. Grom did not understand and thought he asked for quiet inquiry. Corey was angry but agreed to meet with us afterward.

1 Borrum (continued)
Sgt. Corey met with us in a private location and told us of one Vokir Squirrelsbane, wanted criminal and known consort of the Horrors. He was taken off into the woods but Sgt. Corey has a hunting dog who has learned his scent.

3 Borrum
Following Squirrelsbane's scent, we are attacked by a pack of Zoaks. Moreal cast Flameweapon on our allies and then Air Armor on myself. I cast Displace Image on them and on Hedbut. Fido was seriously injured, however, and would be down for some time.

4 Borrum
As we continued East following the trail, we met an elf roasting meat on a spit. Concerned he may be Vokir, we approached cautiously but nicely. He was not Vokir, but he was a cannibal - the meat he was roasting had once belonged to a Namegiver. Several Fleshbeasts came out of the bushes to ambush us. Alas, my allies were not paying attention and were caught by surprise. I was not and successfully cast threads to Displace Image.

Jael grappled the elf while the rest of us tackled the Fleshbeasts. Grom was particularly effective, his claws repeatedly tearing the Fleshbeasts to pieces. I offered a merciful death to Alari, but he spoke of how his master would rend the flesh from our bones, so we slit his throat. Burning the bodies took many hours so we made camp for the night.

5 Borrum
We followed scent to box canyon. As usual, I figure out trap just as it is sprung as Vokir and two corrupted Troajin come out of cover to attack. Hedbut was quickly knocked unconscious but Jael got his revenge. Vokir was situated on an outcropping of rock, making him very difficult to handle, but Grom was luckily above him on canyon wall and pressed attack. Moreal assisted their kinsman and Vokir was forced to retreat. My spells and a good hit from Grom knocked him unconscious. Vokir and Troajin were too corrupted and had to be destroyed. Ghost of smoke arose from Vokir's body and smiled before dissipating. There is nasty horror at work.

PCs:
Jaen'val'Jael 'Jael' Savre, male Elf Beastmaster
Moreal, Obsid Elementalist

NPCs:
Alari, male Elf cannival
Brandel Corey, male Dwarf Sergeant
Vokir Squirrelsbane, wanted criminal
Hedbut, a goat
Fido, a dog

etherial

Post by etherial » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:45 pm

1 Borrum, 1424 T.H.
Weaponsmith is looking for molybdenite, a rare ore that he uses to make special horseshoes. We go to abandoned mine.

3 Borrum
In the woods we came across an angry bear-thing that claimed the area as territory. Grom said it was a Brithan and one of us needed to fight it in single combat. I cast Monstrous Mantle on Bob to empower him to defeating the beast quickly, but apparently Bob was not fast enough and it decided that Grom would answer its challenge. Fortunately Grom was tough enough to survive.

3 Borrum (continued)
In middle of night, we are attacked by two Ogres and pet bear. First one Ogre runs, then bear, then we capture second Ogre. Bob wants to kill it, but they are intelligent, perhaps it knows about mine. We wake it and I try to communicate, but its accent is too think. Bob wants to kill it, says its life is forfeit for attacking us, but I argue with him. It escapes. Note to self: when trying to save life of captive, arguing with someone is as good as winning argument because the captive can escape.

4 Borrum
We mine ore. On way back to Throal, we walk through obvious trap. We are attacked by swift metallic wolves, very dangerous. Since is trap, I have prepared Blinding Glare spell, which renders wolves unable to see, though also often affects allies. Blind things rarely hit, so combat takes long time but we are not blind and so are victorious. Jael binds a wolf to take home and tame.

PCs:
Bobitanthalnasatrythomoloso, Obsid Warrior

NPCs:
Pagram Densch, male Dwarf Weaponsmith
Fido, a dog
Hedbut, a goat
Zoomy, a swift metallic wolf

etherial

Post by etherial » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:00 pm

27 Borrum, 1424 T.H.
Dwarf chef sends word that special ingredient is needed for harvesting. Jael and I meet with new adventurers and enquire within. She is berating her one employee, she is not good manager. She seeks fungus from broken kaer, killed last employee who went looking. She describes fungus and location of kaer.

2 Doddul
We are at kaer entrance. Some harpies have made nest in trees and attack us, but they are stupid. One dies in first round. Others die quickly.

Inside kaer, we are attacked by Centipedes. They paralyze G'talkah and Stathin but we are able to kill.

Deeper inside kaer, army of undead attempts pincer maneuver. Jael holds off Cadavaer Men while others kill Flesh Beasts. I blind Cadaver Men for a time but they are nasty.

Beyond the cadaver men is a pool of water with many corpses inside. The corpses in this place are fresh, not from inside kaer. Something horrible is stockpiling bodies here. We dismember corpses to let them dry out while we chop down trees to build pyre. Is unpleasant but necessary work.

23 Doddul
We return to Throal to confront chef about bodies.

27 Doddul
Chef lies through teeth when we talk to her and calls her guards. They are unwilling to do their duty and summon city watch. They are unwilling to do their duty and arrest us and not her. Unwilling to kill them all, we relent.

30 Doddul
A Questor of Mynbruje comes to release us from our confinement. He, unfortunately, sides with the fools who do not take the threat of Horrors seriously, and justice has not been done. They invite us to ceremony to "thank us", but it is sham. Yotra will not attend.

PCs:
Anderafinastathin Pethrytholilalora, male Elf Swordmaster
G'talkah, male T'Skrang Weaponsmith

NPCs:
Terin Lancaster, Dwarf Chef
Hedbut, a goat
Zoomy, a mutant