AAR: The Man from Briar Rose

*ARCHIVED* Sub-forum for the original West Marches Discord campaign

Moderator:etherial

Reyntrannin

Post by Reyntrannin » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:11 pm

Time: 2018-09-15 @ 23:00 GMT (7:00 PM EDT)
GM: ReynTrannin
Circle: 2
Difficulty: Hard

Player Rewards:
Fliver: 1,200 Legend, 345 sp, 5 TIP's
Jael: 1,200 Legend, 345 sp, 5 TIP's
Bob, 1,200 lp, 345 sp, 5 TIPs
Grom: 1,200 Legend, 345 sp, 5 TIP's

GM Reward:
Blaethynn: 6,000 Legend, 850 sp, 1 TIP

Downtime Actions:
N/A

Additional Notes:
A hive of Horror constructs was discovered less then two days travel southwest of the Briar Rose Clan's new settlement.
Aanorn, Windling Troubadour, succumbed to a ghoul's poison and passed away.

ottdmk

Re: AAR: [2H] The Man from Briar Rose

Post by ottdmk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:07 am

From the battle logs of Bobitanthalnasatrythomoloso:

On my very first job since coming to Throal I helped the Briar Rose Windling tribe find a new homeland. In recent days word reached Throal that the Briar Rose were requesting assistance. Along with Aanorn, I and three Adepts new to my acquaintance travelled to the Briar Rose lands to investigate.

We met with the typical hindrances along the way, but they proved no match for our group. Arriving at the Briar Rose settlement we conferred with their leaders and made preparations to search out the source of their difficulties.

As we set out from Briar Rose, we were set upon by a ghoul and several fleshbeasts. Some of the fleshbeasts were obviously formed from the missing Windlings of Briar Rose. Disturbed, we determined to press on.

Less than two days to the southwest we came across a nest of horror constructs. Several ghouls, several fleshbeasts. I was grateful for my new blood pebble armor; I am confident that it and my trusty shield saved my life that day. As it was, I was almost dosed with ghoul poison but I was able to throw it off.

Alas, not all of my colleagues were as fortunate. Aanorn was caught by a ghoul while in a vulnerable position, and it cost him his life. We of course burned the body, as we had with Vashir before him. It appears that the life of an Adept can be even more fragile then I expected. I shall continue on my path, however, and not falter.

BattleChad

Re: AAR: The Man from Briar Rose

Post by BattleChad » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:18 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Bob for his contribution.

Journal Rewards: 60 Legend Points and 86 Silver.