Gen Con 50 - Event Submissions

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
ScottHala
Gen Con 50 - Event Submissions

Post by ScottHala » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:55 pm

Do we need to have our events reviewed by Fasa Games prior to submitting them to Gen Con?

'til later,
Scott

Mataxes

Re: Gen Con 50 - Event Submissions

Post by Mataxes » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:38 pm

If you're not going to be running them under our official auspices, no.

We're going to be running a bunch of events at GenCon (like we do every year), but by all means if people want to run Earthdawn (or other games of ours) at GenCon (or other conventions!) feel free.

In fact, we've got a way of supporting people who want to support our games (whether at GenCon or elsewhere). The FEC, or Freedonian Engineering Corps. Our best way to success is to get the word out, and enthusiastic supporters who take it to the streets are a valuable part of that.

As much as we might wish otherwise, our development work with FASA Games doesn't pay the bills (yet). Nearly all of us have day gigs, so our ability to travel to cons and do stuff in person is limited in both time and finances. This is also why it takes a little bit longer to get books out. When you're limited to working on stuff in off-hours and juggle that with family commitments... it's hard.

So... you want to run? Great! I know several folks who don't have a local ED scene who go to GenCon specifically to play as much Earthdawn as they can during that weekend. More games are always welcome.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

earthdawn66

Post by earthdawn66 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Will be Running like normal at Origins and GenCon like normal... but I am thinking I might also run a session of 1879 also at Origins... still in the air for that one

Andrew1879

Post by Andrew1879 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:56 pm

If you're planning an 1879 session at Origins, let me know, and I might be able to help out with materials and such.

earthdawn66

Post by earthdawn66 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:04 pm

ok Andrew... I have 2 copies of book already and have backed GM Guide hopeing to have it by Origins will help some but we can run it without it for a session or two at Origins

Bogie

Post by Bogie » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:07 am

I'll even be at Origins .. if you run 1879 or Earthdawn I might be able to stop in and say "hi!" :)

Question has been answered already but I just want to point out that as an easy way to defray some of the convention costs if you do want to run under our banner if you run more than 70 player hours we comp a 4-day badge, it is the same compensation that Gen Con offers gamemasters as well. We also have a few other benefits, such as earned credit in the online shop etc.

If you just want to do your own thing, that's cool too! It gives us a chance to sign up and play our own games too! :)

If you are interested shoot me a PM or email me (bogie@fasagames.com)

Thanks!
Todd Bogenrief
Noble Armada Line Developer, U18 Rules Guru