The collected letters of Ursula von Knucklebreaker

Post your characters here

Moderator:etherial

etherial
The collected letters of Ursula von Knucklebreaker

Post by etherial » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:29 am

15 Mawag, 1421 T.H.

Dearest Mother and Father:

I hope this letter finds you well. As you will discover from later on in this missive, I have not terminated my association with the Circus. Despite your unseemly behaviour in sending me to that awful prison they dare call a school, I have not abandoned you, either.

Finding myself short on funds and unwilling to yet debase myself by asking for a loan, I responded to a work notice from the Cubrews Trade Alliance, in the interest of exploring the wilds of Barsaive and reconnecting civilizations. The leader of Cubrews, one Gordad Treasureborn, seemed quite overwhelmed. His quartermaster George led the horses through the front offices! Three other Adepts were hired, one Windling Weaponsmith who claimed to know Navigation but was easily lost; one Human Wizard who was full of ideas and talked too much, and one Elf Nethermancer who spoke too little and thankfully had just come from the Kaer that was our destination and was able to guide us there.

On the third day of our trek through the wilderness, we came across a small fortification on the road and some armed guards. They claimed that there was a toll of 10 silver each - a stiff price indeed - and upon further questioning did not seem willing to take our credit. As a matter of fact, they seemed to belong to some sort of criminal syndicate, being that they were adamant that they did not report to our most High Majesty the King or to any other Nameable Authority figure. Eventually they lost their patience and opened fire on us, hoping to cow us into submission, but our Spellcasters sent withering spells in their direction. One jumped out from behind a tree and clobbered Robert, but Rilya and I made short work of him, with an assist from my animal companion Zimbu.

Pressing the attack, I rounded on the two original belligerents, wounding one in the face and leading them to both flee. Another hidden bandit tried to steal a saddlebag and indeed had run off with it, but a quick spell from Robert and a promise of Clemency caused him to dump its contents, allowing us to recover all but a small pouch of goods.

Two more days passed as we trekked into the mountains, and there was a brief pause as Rilya spotted two wolves lurking in the rocks. Pethrytholilanista was able to frighten one off and Rilya and Robert leapt into action against the other one. Whether through an excess of zeal or an unanticipated weakness on the wolf's part, it died in the battle. I'd hoped to make a new friend out of it, wolves generally being considered quite companionable creatures, but alas I shall have to try again in the future.

Later that day, we arrived in the construction site that would eventually become the village for the former residents of Kaer Avon, and began talks. Rilya spoke well with the local Weaponsmith and agreed to an exchange of our plentiful but plain weapons for the rare and ornate Elven kind. Pethrytholilanista spoke with the town leadership for an exchange of various seed materials -- and literal seeds -- to aid them in their growing of crops and a contract with Cubrews for further trade. Robert nearly ruined several deals but did manage to coax the village Elementalist into coming with us and exchanging some knowledge with him. As for myself, I did the family proud and met with the entertainers from their Kaer, told them of Throal's grand adventures so far, and offered you as masters of entertainment negotiations.

Our trip home passed generally peacefully, with the brief exception of encountering more bandits who attempted to spook the horses and failed. They feared dealing with us, and Treasureborn was quite pleased with the profit we made on the items we did trade, even though we lost a small pouch of goods.

Yours,

Ursula von Knuckebreaker, née Nusserman

PCs:
Pethrytholilanista, female Elf Nethermancer
Rilya, female Windling Weaponsmith
Robert, son of Paul, male Human Wizard

NPCs:
Gordad Treasureborn, Cubrews Trading Alliance
George, an Employee

Dasyra Mialar, female Elf, leader of Kaer Avon
Vulred Bigen, male Elf Blacksmith
Renna Vapetor, female Elf Elementalist

etherial

Re: The collected letters of Ursula von Knucklebreaker

Post by etherial » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:45 am

30 Sollus, 1421 T.H.

I put together a party to explore the spit of land between the Coil River and its tributary, in the hopes of expanding our sphere of influence to some prime real estate on the surface. My companion Romari wanted to start off by examining some sort of magic rock just a little South of Throal, and indeed it is a magic rock (and also tourist trap). Apparently there's a magical runic circle that we're close to the epicenter of and everyone wants to poke at it. I hope there is a way for us to profit from this situation, but it is also possible that this is some sort of trap. Either way, I will investigate it to the best of my ability.

Traveling along the Throalic foothills the next day, I regret to say that I understimated the forces of the Bandit Raiders and they managed to sneak up on us in the middle of the night. I tried to get everyone awake before combat ensued but Rir'Sha is quite the heavy sleeper. They got their ambush up good and despite our heroic efforts, Romari decided to surrender a pouch with 50 Silver in it.

On the fourth day, we came across a group of T'Skrang and Elves arguing with each other over who would get the rights to a patch of Alchemically fertile land. Maxim, through use of his Thief abilities, managed to convince them that they should share the land with each other now before another group managed to also stake a claim before they reaped any profit from it.

On the tenth day, we witnessed a ruin ahead and some suspicious flying creatures circling above it. Maxim and Rir'Sha scouted ahead and the things were some sort of mindless mouthing horrors that ate all they came across. Unfortunately, they tried to come across us. As we fled from their endless hunger and their carrion-eating undead eagle allies, and Rir'Sha was able to lead us through some woods that the horrors found somewhat delicious, and they proceeded to eat the trees instead of us.

Our return trip took us closer to the mountains and we decided to investigate one of the runic circles. Romari identified it as being related to the Obsidimen people and containing a degree of Wizardry to it, and he, Rilya, and Rir'Sha all now bear magical marks linking them to this place.

A troupe of apes had taken up residence in the runic circle and took us for interlopers. We managed to quickly kill or incapacitate enough of them that the rest ran off and I managed to befriend one of the ones we'd incapacitated. We returned to Throal to warn others about the corrupted ruins.

Yours,

Other PCs:
Maxim, male Windling Thief
Rilya, female Windling Weaponsmith
Rir'Sha, male T'Skrang Scout
Romari, male Elf Wizard

etherial

Post by etherial » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:51 am

18 Riag, 1421 T.H.

Attempting to increase my business contacts, I have accepted an offer of employment from one Brimbli Elwick Bizzspanner by Rock Nibbler the III, Absent-minded Tinkerer. He is seeking to harvest Alchemical Reagents in the wild, some Earth Q'Wril beaks, some semi-aquatic fungi, and some exotic botanical flowers. Taking advantage of his offer, I hope to see more of what valuables are to be found in the natural world above.

We arrived at Borgan's Rest on the Fourth Day. Performing the necessary greeting rituals, I impressed them with my glorious vision of the bustling town, and end up selling my shibboleth to the guard for a pittance. My Name will forever hang in his family's halls.

On the Seventh Day, I located a cave that seemed a likely a place for the mushrooms and we went in to explore it. I found signs that a largish creature may have been living in the cave, so we moved slowly and carefully. A small section of an underground stream ran through the Southern portion of the cave and we found the bioluminscent fungi within. Thane stripped down to his skivvies and dove to the bottom of the stream and recovered most of the mushrooms. The harvest was not quite up to Brimbli's desires, so we continued to explore the cave and found a Beastmaster with Bear and Wolf companions.

The others ignored his dismissive commands and instead of leaving, hastened me into his presence. I immediately recognized a follower of my Discipline of superior Circle and inhospitable disposition, and I admonished my colleagues for not heeding his wishes. We left.

After a few days of searching, we located an area showing signs of Earth Q'Wril activity. Maxim, convinced that they honored their dead as we do, began searching for an Earth Q'Wril graveyard. Zinj leapt to the top of the hill to protect us and the Earth Q'Wrils took that as a sign of aggression and one attacked him, bursting up through the earth and dealing him a savage blow.

The party leapt into action and we found the Earth Q'Wril's difficult to handle on their initial attack, but easily dispatched thereafter. Maxim, to my surprise, did locate a Q'Wril graveyard and everyone was able to take a few beaks home as a prize.

The next day, we arrived at the edge of the Servos Jungle, having found a grove of trees that had the Ambiguous Florinest, a creeping vine that grows in the utmost branches and emits a sickeningly sweet smell. Maxim and Zimbu made quick work harvesting these, and we headed home to Throal.

Our journey nearly complete, we encountered a gang of Bandits with Wolf-headed armor who tried to extort money from us, but Maxim stabbed one in the kidneys and we frightened them off with our maddening charge, slaying two and driving the rest away. Brimbli rewarded us for our efforts protecting him the last two weeks.

Yours,

Other PCs:
Maxim, male Windling Thief
Thane Cawdor, male Troll Sky Raider
Romari, male Elf Wizard

NPCs:
Brimbli Elwick Bizzspanner by Rock Nibbler the III, a Tinkerer
Zimbu, a Monkey
Zinj, an Ape

etherial

Post by etherial » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:19 pm

30 Borrum, 1421 T.H.

We hired a Scribe to accompany us to the two Nethermancer stones so that Pethrytholilanista could tie to them and we will at last have the full set explored. At Borgan's Rest, we hired the crew of the X'Egirathla II to ferry us to the stone not far from the river. Travel by Riverboat seems to be a delightful diversion and I recommend it highly.

We began to explore the T'Skrang Runic Circle on the fifth day of our adventure. Each Runic Circle lies in a nearly identical clearing, however this one had a noticeably deeper reflecting pool than the others. Thane stuck his head into the water, attracting the attention of the local fauna. A small clutch of crocodiles rose up out of the water and attacked him. We leapt to his rescue and I incapacitated one of them, but another managed to drop Zinj and drag him under the water. Another was killed, which we then skinned, and the last dove back under the water to consume my friend.

After some deliberation, Nurfec translated the recipes and Pethrytholilanista went to cast the spell, however it appears she picked the wrong location and the folks inside the circle were cursed and wracked with pains. I overheard some animals attracted by the spell and we beat a hasty retreat.

We returned to the Runic Circle two days later and Nista was able to successfully cast the spell, removing the curse. Apparently the Patagiatic T'Skrang are considered "blessed" and are thus the key to unlocking this Runic Circle. Our actions attracted the attention of the crocodiles again but we managed to send them back quicly. Another casting of the spell and my friends were marked by the magic of the runes.

In less savage times, we would perhaps have taken a riverboat around the mountains to the last Runic Circle, but the Serpent River remains a tantalizingly underexplored thoroughfare, and thus we were forced to tread overland and cross the Throal Mountains directly. We made a brief stop at Throal to get a good night's rest on the way North.

On the sixteenth day of our adventure, after wandering blindly through the Throal Mountains for two days, we ended up back at our starting point, the Gates of Throal. Thane needs to work on his Navigatory Skills, and perhaps we should pursue having a backup in the group.

On the twenty-third day of our adventure (surely having gotten lost again in the mountains), We arrived at the Iceclaw Moot and they directed us to the other Runic Circle. The Greater Rock Worm has not been spotted lately, but it is still believed to be in the area.

The Trollish Runic Circle is marked with various aspects of Trollish culture, with the odd clue being a reference to "mud people", the Trolls who sacrificed their horns for honor. We were told by the riddles to stand with the ones carved in stone, and some scanning of the area showed a fallen statue that had once been a Hornless Troll.

Pethrytholilanista was able to successfully cast the spell standing beneath the "mud people" lintel, giving her and Romari the appropriate marks. This drew the attention of some local Bears and Shrieker Bats. In need of a new animal companion (one dead and one wounded is not a good combination), I befriended one of the bears while my companions took care of the rest.

Bypassing the Gates of Throal upon my insistence, we visited the Baurschwine Farmstead on the Twenty-Ninth and final day of our journey to see if any change had precipitated in the central Runestone. Other than confirming that each Runic Circle had been tied to, its appearance had not changed. Be prepared to sell short, we have no idea what will happen when we bring every thread together.

Yours,

Other PCs:
Romari, male Elf Wizard

NPCs:
Damkina, a Bear
Nurfec Greathood, male Dwarf Scribe
Zimbu, a Monkey
Zinj, an ex-Ape

etherial

Post by etherial » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:10 am

15 Doddul, 121 T.H.

I have seen notices of one Farmer Tedri who is having issues with nocturnal bandits, presumably of the animal variety. Some other Adventurers decided to join me to investigate. When we arrived at Borgan's Rest, I spoke to Lareth and he indicated that Tedri was having difficulties in no small part due to his inability to attract sufficient staff. He is apparently a good farmer and a poor manager.

On the sixth day, we found a man stranded on a rock, having been attacked by some creatures that ran off his horse and disabled his cart. After some poking around, we were able to provoke the creatures - a pod of Earth Q'Wril - into attacking us and we made short work of them. The man, one Lingo by name, worked for Tedri and had decided to give up the profession when he was attacked. He tendered his resignation to Tedri through us and directed us over to Tedri's farm.

We spoke with Tedri, and he was every bit as gruff as we'd expected. Tracks led off from the farm toward a nearby swamp where some Jub Jubs were in the height of mating season. I managed to push one over the edge against his opponent, and he caused a serious wound, but then the lot of them attacked us. One managed to land a serious blow on Damkina, but we eventually wiped them out.

Overnight, I saw something out in the wheat field. It never got close enough for me to be sure what it was, however. We found footprints matching the hindlegs of Jub Jubs, but nothing matching the front legs. It was as though someone was trying to frame the Jub Jubs for the crimes.

The following day, we confirmed that the Jub Jub corpses from the previous day's adventure had had their hindlegs severed before following the trail further to see who was responsible. We discovered an encampment with three children who were being Challenged by a Dappled Brithan. I challenged it to single combat and, while I did a good job on the first blow, I rendered it unconscious with the second.

We were able to convince Tedri to take the children on as field hands. The others thought this would soften his cold black heart or something.

Yours,

PCs:
Avalandohamagannahnieventhallailmar, Obsidiman Elementalist

NPCs:
Tedri, a curmudgeon
Lingo, an itinerant
Damkina, a Bear
Zimbu, a Monkey

etherial

Post by etherial » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:26 am

30 Doddul, 1421 T.H.

Another expedition to found a town left Throal and we hired on as Caravan guards. They are attempting to settle the area in the vicinity of the Kaer of the Cultists of Raggok. I'm not sure that it's wise for them to settle there, but we do believe the area has been cleared of Cultists, at least. Several days passed mostly uneventfully. Rilya spent them making friends with the settlers. I spent them trying to keep the settlers from annoying Damkina.

On the fourth day, a terrible storm hit. We quickly set to work circling the wagons so that casualties would be minimized. Some of the families had messed up priorities and fritted about their time while the storm raged. I managed to bully some of the horses into position while Rilya did her best to round up misplaced children. Grom helped a family of adult Humans resolve their differences without fatality.

A piercing haunting wail like the sound of a lost child permeated the landscape, and the other team of Adepts went off to investigate. We did not hear from them for several hours, and my companions were chomping at the bit to go after them, but I urged caution. We'd been hired to guard the caravan and we should remain to guard the caravan.

Dawn broke on the fifth day with no word from the search party and we left to go rescue them. J.T. had deliberately left a trail for us to follow and we quickly arrived upon Xaolete and some unknown Namegivers wearing black wooden masks. They silently attacked us, and we were forced to defend ourselves. Rilya was able to determine that the masks were controlling them and while Gronk held off Xaolete and one of the others, Damkina and I set about unmasking the other three. Nista and Rilya acted as support, making the masks and their wearers easier to hit.

We would have preferred to have unmasked Xaolete first, letting him join our side, but he was sufficiently Adept at his Swordmastery that we had to all gang up on him. Exhausted, we drank potions to press on to find his friends before they were rendered unsalvageable. He led us back to a cave where a Nethermancer was opening some kind of portal, presumably to allow a Horror to enter our realm. Xaolete went to rescue his friends while Grom and I took on the remaining minions. Nista and Rilya went to work on the Nethermancer. Unfortunately for us, the minions and their leader were a little too tough for our drained resources, and the Horror was unleashed into the world. We eliminated the minions and captured the leader.

On the seventh day, we arrived at the empty Kaer and the settlers began to make the place their home. Time will tell whether the place has been sufficiently cleansed for them to successfully take the place over -- and also whether the Horror will be making itself a nuisance there or at Throal.

Yours,

PCs:
Grom Skycleaver, male Ork Sky Raider
Rilya, female Windling Weaponsmith/Nethermancer

NPCs:
Allora Thundermar, female Elf Illusionist
Damkina, a Bear
Zimbu, a Monkey

J.T. Ferian, male Ork Scout
Navek, male Human Troubadour, married to Allora
Xaolete JRegh, T'Skrang Swordmaster
Vedis, male Dwarf churl, with family

Violo, male Human Nethermancer

etherial

Post by etherial » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:24 pm

15 Strassa, 1422 T.H.

I hope this letter finds you well. This new year promises to bring many new opportunities for our people. The other Adepts have cleared out the Bandit's Lair and new trade routes are opening up. Hyelorn Skyspirit of the Cubrews Trade Alliance is seeking a new route through the mountains to the Serpent River, attempting to cut Sosonopa and the Iceclaws out of any potential trade with Syrtis.

On the third day, we passed near a Greater Termite Mound. At first, we tried to skirt around them, having no interest in picking a fight with a legion of insects, but Vlolkir attracted their attention and they spit their Formic Acid at us. A few of its fellows joined in battle against us, but we made short work of them.

On the fifth day, we arrived at the mighty Serpent River and set up camp. Hyelorn wanted to observe the river for several days to see if anyone (or anything) was making use of it.

During the night of the eighth day of our journey, being the third night we spent at camp, a small clutch of Sea Snakes mistook us for food and attacked. Damkina managed to kill and eat two while I drove a third away. The fourth was also killed thanks to Celemir, Fliver, and Vlolkir.

On the twelfth day, we broke camp and attempted to find our way back to Throal, desiring to see if an easy route back could be found, whether to be joined or matched with the route out.

At the foot of the mountains, we found a tower that had once stood 80 feet tall, with a blasted hole gaping near the base. As we investigated, we found numerous traps, including a bear trap, and we also found several cadaver men. By double-teaming them, we were able to take care of them quickly.

The tower is either a honeypot trap for Horrors or a false door for a Kaer. We were unable to determine which with sufficient certainty and more research will be required. We safely made it back to Throal having mapped both routes. Look Hopefully new opportunities to explore the Serpent River will abound soon.

Yours,

PCs:
Celemir, male Elf Woodsman
Fliver, male Windling Illusionist
Vlolkir, male Troll Sky Raider

NPCs:
Hyelorn Skyspirit, male Elf Scout
Damkina, a Bear
Zimbu, a Monkey

etherial

Post by etherial » Thu May 17, 2018 6:30 pm

25 Rua, 1423 T.H.

Fliver came to me about a week ago, talking about a Windling Thief he knew who had run afoul of Throalic Law. Generally not something of my concern, Fliver led me to believe the Thief had knowledge of something more sinister going on, so I traveled with him into the Halls to visit Linus in prison.

Durgin Trotter, a Troubadour of Fliver's acquaintance, entertained the guards for a bit and they allowed us to speak to Linus in private. Apparently Linus and his gang were involved in a complicated sting operation against an Ogre who had been Enslaving Windlings. With Linus incarcerated, his gang was reluctant to act and thus it fell to us to look into the matter and free the poor souls. I know you maintain antiquated notions about the validity of Slavery, but there is no justification even under your eyes to justify what has been done to these hapless kidnapping victims.

We were able to locate the Ogre's lair and I spent some time scouting it out. He had placed his throne on top of a large rock that appeared to be blocking the hole to the Elemental Earth mine that he had imprisoned the Windlings in, and had a large sack (likely full of the stuff). I'd been warned about his club and kept my distance, reporting what I had found back to my comrades.

Dubhan, a Wizard of some repute, joined Durgin in attempting to parley with the Ogre while Fliver snuck into position to support them. Damkina and I circled around to flank the Ogre. He explained that an Elven Nethermancer out of Kaer Avon Named Sevaughan had been a client of his and had convinced him of the efficiency of slavery as a means to increase production. Hearing nothing worthwhile come out of the Ogre's mouth, Durgin lost his patience and the ambush was sprung.

One Ogre is no match for four Adepts and the Windlings were quickly freed. They told us of their woe, of Sevaughan's magic sack that enticed them into bondage. I'd some hope of interrogating the Ogre, but Durgin was in no mood for suffering Slavers, and we found the information we wanted in his personal effects anyway. He'd written down the directions for summoning Sevaughan in something resembling Throalic, and we eventually deciphered them.

We journeyed to the place where the Ogre would meet with Sevaughan, but we mistimed our arrival and Sevaughan was alerted to our presence. Hunting him down will have to wait for another day, we have Windlings to resettle.

Yours,

PCs:
Dubhan Goronich, male Dwarf Wizard
Durgin Trotter, male Dwarf Troubadour
Fliver, male Windling Illusionist
Ursula von Knucklebreaker, female Dwarf Beastmaster

NPCs:
Linus, male Windling Thief
Sevaughan, male Elf Nethermancer
Damkina, a Bear
Zimbu, a Monkey

etherial

Post by etherial » Fri May 18, 2018 6:06 pm

25 Mawag, 1423 T.H.

Fliver is occupied helping his fellow Windlings recover from their experience, but we could no longer wait to eliminate Sevaughan and we pressed on without him. In his stead, we recruited Pethrytholilanista, who is also an Elf Nethermancer from Kaer Avon, in the hopes that she would cancel out Sevaughan's area of expertise. We also recruited Osahar, a male Elf Archer, whose ability to track Sevaughan would ensure he could not escape again.

The journey to Avonmore, Kaer Avon's foreign quarter has become routine to me now, and we made the trip in no time at all. We met with Lowtaun, the local power broker, who wanted our assistance in parting a business associate from his money. This business associate had previously worked with Sevaughan, and, properly endebted to us, Lowtaun believed he would help.

As you know, I was only ever barely able to pass in my comportment classes, and I had no experience in this particular card game, but my abilities to Distract and Deceive were honed in my days in the circus, and I had some word-fame to to rely on as well. My other compatriots tried various schemes to annoy, cheat, and bluff their way into Watson's money, all to varying but ultimately good enough, degrees of success.

Properly fleeced, Watson now agreed to assist us in revenging the Windlings, and to a lesser degree, avenging Watson. He explained that he was familiar with a ruined tower where Sevaughan sometimes conducted business as well as a cave that Sevaughan was likely to be using as a hideout. Lacking a proper Thief (Linus was still in jail), we opted to try our luck in the cave.

The general tenor of the land in Sevaughan's domain was subdued, and the night air echoed with the rattling of the Skeleton Spirits in his Nethermantic Circles. The cave itself was relatively easy to find, and though it had a swift and cold underground river winding through it, we found the way clear and the footing sound. A small flock of zoaks accompanied Sevaughan, who warned of dire consequences if we interrupted his schemes. Several of Osahar's arrows penetrated his chest and he died.

A scream reverberated through the cave and I leapt from my position on the bridge onto the shore upstream. I raced to discover the owner of this scream, but I was too late. A monstrous creature made of living worms and elemental earth stood towering over six corpses, laughing. The experience rattled me, and I sense it gained strength in my unease. As the rest of the party arrived to support, it raised the dead around it into an army, thanked me for my aid (unwillingly given), and vanished.

The newly risen Cadaver Men threated to surround and devour me, but Durgin risked life and limb to charge one while Zimbu and Damkina protected me from another and I clawed yet another. Nista used one of her Spells to crumble the injured Cadaver Men to death and we were able to defeat the monster's army. Sevaughan may be dead and the Cadaver Men returned to rest, but the monster itself remains at large.

Yours,

PCs:
Dubhan Goronich, male Dwarf Wizard
Durgin Trotter, male Dwarf Troubadour
Osahar, male Elf Archer

NPCs:
Lowtaun, male Elf Power Broker
Watson, male Elf Archer
Sevaughan, male Elf Nethermancer
Damkina, a Bear
Zimbu, a Monkey

Parched, a Wormskull

etherial

Post by etherial » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:40 pm

10 Mawag, 1424 T.H.
Mr. Livé's Curious Compendium of Curios put out word that Mr. Live was mounting expeditions to retrieve exotic biologics, including the Iron Webbing of Jehuthras. I answered his ad with some of my previous adventuring compatriots and one Blaethynn, Windling Weaponsmith, to see what terms he was offering. He'd received a map that detailed the location of a cave where a rival corporation had stored some trade goods and been beset upon by some Jehuthras. I had concerns that the mission was too dangerous for Novice Adepts and wanted to see for myself how tough these Jehuthras were (and how sound Mr. Live's business model was).

13 Mawag
Having tread to Borgan's Rest without need for comment, we ventured into the jungle in search of our quarry. We found some Jehuthras near the entrance of a cave and engaged them within. I became separated from my animal companions by the fastness of the very Iron Webs we'd come to capture. Nista cracked her knuckles and raised her arms, cackling madly, shattering the carapaces of the creatures and slaying two immediately. The other two fled, directly into the crossbow bolts of another party. There was a brief pause as we sized each other up, but there was enough webbing to go around and we let them go with theirs. Perhaps these Jehuthra are not as tough as I'd feared. We salvaged the trade goods and returned to Borgan's Rest.

About an hour outside the town, we were attacked by two Manticores. Damkina and Zimbu savaged the first without giving it a chance to get off any spells and the second fell quickly as well. Perhaps these are also not as strong as I had heard. Avalan collected the venom and I butchered the meat, which will make for quite the Terran Feast.

13 Mawag (continued)
Upon our return to Borgan's Rest we met with a group of Elven Quadruplets drinking milk led by one Elanthriel, Elven Warrior. He and his brothers were traveling the world seeking worthy opponents to test their mettle against and invited us to brawl. The terms were not entirely clear when we started, however, which allowed them to claim victory when they surrounded and dropped Avalan. They considered us worthy sportsmen, however, and Elanthriel gave me a pelt he had worn as a parting gift.

Yours,

PCs:
Avalandohamagannahnieventhallailmar, Obsidiman Elementalist
Blaethynn, male Windling Weaponsmith

NPCs:
Mr. Livé, male Elf Speculator
Elanthriel, male Elf Warrior
Damkina, a Bear
Zimbu, a Monkey