Fourth Edition Errata, Clarifications, and FAQs

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Mataxes
Re: Fourth Edition Errata, Clarifications, and FAQs

Post by Mataxes » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:17 pm

As RazanMG said, they aren't intended to provide any enhanced effect with extra successes. They are mainly intended for magicians to contribute a bit more on those rounds they are weaving threads (usually by setting up a minor bonus or penalty). Adding bonuses for extra successes makes them more powerful than we intend.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Telarus

Post by Telarus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:28 pm

So, the realm of high magic, legendary treasure, etc. ;)

Jaracove

Post by Jaracove » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:17 pm

I just noticed that the errata file in post 1 of this thread has been updated as of Sep 6th.

I don't know why, but I was expecting a lot more than what we have (even ignoring typos and similar). Sounds like I'm complaining we haven't enough errata :D I'm not. I'm just wondering if it's all been compiled. If all known errata has been compiled, that's a pretty impressively small amount of it.

ragbasti

Post by ragbasti » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:03 pm

As just mentioned in discord:

10th Circle Discipline Talent for the Swordmaster is wrong.
Should be Defensive Posture

Serespar

Post by Serespar » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:25 am

Hi, apologies if this has been explained somewhere - didn't see it in the errata - but the Earthdawn Companion seems to have some sort of typo in it on p41.

Weaponsmiths get a +4 to Mystic Defense at 12th Circle, then a +3 to Mystic Defense at both 8th Circle (in the Player's Guide) and 13th Circle (in the Companion). Assume there is some other benefit that should be at 13th to keep things in line with the other Disciplines.

Any clarification appreciated.

Tks

RazanMG

Post by RazanMG » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Weaponsmith, Page 41
Errata: The Thirteenth Circle Defense Bonus should be “Physical”, not “Mystic”.

ED4 errata link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ts_ ... 3j6oi681fg

Belenus

Post by Belenus » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:00 pm

p. 103 Companion
Shield Drive
Spoiler:
Talent: Shield Bash
Requirements: Rank 6
Restrictions: None
Step: Rank+STR
Action: Simple
Strain: 2
Skill Use: Yes (Journeyman)

The adept quickly bashes the target with their shield and makes a Shield Drive test against the target’s Physical Defense. If successful, the target makes
a Knockdown test against the Shield Drive result. The adept loses any Defense bonuses from their shield until their action in the following round.
I find it strange that you use Rank+STR for an attack test?
Last edited by Belenus on Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Belenus

Post by Belenus » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:06 pm

p. 107 Companion
Deflection
Spoiler:
Talent: Spellcasting
Requirements: Rank 4
Restrictions: Wizard 4
Step: Rank+PER
Action:Standard (Special)
Strain: 1
Skill Use: No

The Wizard enhances an ally’s ability to evade attack. The Wizard touches a willing target and makes a Spellcasting (6) test. If successful, the target
gains +2 Physical Defense until the end of the next round. Using this knack is a Simple action if the adept used Wizardry to attempt weaving threads this
round.
If it is an ability cast on an ally (can you cast it on yourself too?), why do you cast it against a 6 and not against the mystic defense of the target?
Same question for other spellcasting knacks.

ChrisDDickey

Post by ChrisDDickey » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:36 pm

Belenus wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:00 pm
p. 103 Companion
Shield Drive
I am sure the goal here was to make a quick simple action that was not not as complex as a full, roll for attack, count extra successes, roll separately for damage, sequence. If the goal is to combine what is normally two rolls into one, it would have been just as strange to make the Shield Drive's roll to determine the target number for the target to roll to avoid a knockdown based upon Dex. Since only one of Dex or Str was to be used for the simplified "quick attack", it makes sense for it stay with STR like normal Shield Bash tests.

Belenus

Post by Belenus » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:43 pm

ChrisDDickey wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:36 pm
Belenus wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:00 pm
p. 103 Companion
Shield Drive
I am sure the goal here was to make a quick simple action that was not not as complex as a full, roll for attack, count extra successes, roll separately for damage, sequence. If the goal is to combine what is normally two rolls into one, it would have been just as strange to make the Shield Drive's roll to determine the target number for the target to roll to avoid a knockdown based upon Dex. Since only one of Dex or Str was to be used for the simplified "quick attack", it makes sense for it stay with STR like normal Shield Bash tests.
But this would make this knack the only physical attack which doesn't use Dex. I don't know if this irregularity is really intended. Other knacks got another attribute to roll on as well, when they became an attack test like "Dirty Fighting p.111"