[rules?] Maneuver, Anticipate Blow, Acrobatic Defense

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Lursi
[rules?] Maneuver, Anticipate Blow, Acrobatic Defense

Post by Lursi » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:33 pm

Folks I have a few genuine question:

Can I combine auxillary combat talents?
Back in ED1, this Maneuver took your standard action and that was it. Acrobatic (Strike)was an attack in itself and hence mutually exclusive to Maneuver.

Rules say clearly you cant combine Acrobatic Defense (AD) with Anticipate Blow (AB).

Can you combine either AD or AB with Maneuver?

If I can, will the bonus stack or the highest count?

If my initiative is lower than my opponent’s, do I loose the bonus on physical defense?

I left Air Dance out assuming this compatible enough as it does not imply specific movements, just hovering a bit.
Of all things I lost, sanity I held dearest.

Panda

Re: [rules?] Maneuver, Anticipate Blow, Acrobatic Defense

Post by Panda » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:29 pm

Hallo,

Yes, Maneuver can be freely combined with Acrobatic Defense and Anticipate Blow and the bonuses stack.

If your Initiative is lower than your opponent's, Anticipate Blow isn't going to work at all and you still gain the Physical Defense bonus from Maneuver, but the odds are pretty good it won't do much barring abilities like Air Dance which grants its additional attack after your action. If your Initiative is lower than your opponent's, Maneuver is useful for the bonus to your first attack, or for the various knacks it has.

Air Dance is also compatible with everything here.

Hopefully this helps.

Please let me know if there are any further questions, or if there is anything else I can do.

Freundliche Grüße,

Morgan

Lursi

Re: [rules?] Maneuver, Anticipate Blow, Acrobatic Defense

Post by Lursi » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:56 pm

Danke Morgan!
Of all things I lost, sanity I held dearest.