etherial
AAR: The Replacement Crew 3

Post by etherial » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:58 am

Mission: The Replacement Crew 3
GM: etherial
Date: 2018-04-04
Difficulty and circle rating: Circle 6 Medium

Player Rewards:
Ceadda: 3 TIPs, 6800 Legend, 812 Silver, Upandal's Blessings, Horror Fend Blood Charm
Pethrytholilanista: 3 TIPs, 6800 Legend, 1200 Silver
Romari: 3 TIPs, 6800 Legend, 1200 Silver
Thane: 3 TIPs, 6800 Legend, 0 Silver, 10 Absorb blow charms, 700 discount on Enchanting Crystal Plate armor

Downtime Actions Available:
Pethrytholilanista: Alchemy Step 11 (Booster Potion, Kelia's Antidote, Kelix' Poultice, Salve of Closure)
Romari: Alchemy 7 (Rank 3, Booster Potion, Kelia’s Antidote, Kelix Poultice)
Romari: Item History 15 (Rank 4)
Romari: Research 25 (Rank 6) (Throal library 20sp)
Researchers may spend 20/2 Silver for +3 Steps

Further Information:
Kaer Biharj has been Opened.

ChrisDDickey

Re: AAR: The Replacement Crew 3

Post by ChrisDDickey » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:51 am

When last I wrote, we were examining a small hatch upon the ground, a metal covering, highlighted with Oricalcum and hidden by an illusion. We retired to ship to puzzel over it. When we returned Ceadda rejoined us while Veris took over the watch duties upon the ship. Examining the hatch in Astral Space, Romari announced that the hatch had been forced and was no longer magically sealed. He also told us that the area was Corrupted.

Since the hatch was not sealed, Ceadda grabbed it and pulled it open. below us was a long drop. We dithered about how best to proceed. Eventually Romari cast Flight upon us all and Ceadda did a quick recon, and the rest of us followed him down - it was about 60 yards. Around the edge was a sleeve that was slowly rotating, reveling a different door every hour. As we descended it was reveling a door marked with the Therian numeral "2". In the center was a platform with three statues. At first we thought they were mere dwarves, but eventually realized they were meant to represent the passions Chorrolis, (Eren)dis, and Upandal in dwarvish male forms. They were standing in a circle, each looking and pointing towards the center. Eventually we realized that their left feet were unnaturally positioned such that Upandal's left foot was pointing towards where we expected to see door #4, Erendis towards #10, and Chorrolis' left foot was pointing towards door #2. I positioned myself next to the door and gently pushed it open.

Inside was what seemed a whole warehouse full of trade goods of all sorts. We searched but could not find any other entrance. There was a shopkeepers station and about 1000 silver pieces of coins. There was also a sign that said (in Therian) that everything was on sale at 50% off. Ceadda found a horror fend charm, paid into the shopkeepers tray half the going rate for such a thing at the grand bizzair of Throal, and walked out. Outside the statue of Chorrolis moved so that it was now facing outwards with it's arms crossed and a pleased expression upon it's face. I paid 500 silver for 10 absorb blow charms. We then exited and waited until door #4 was visible.

Inside door #4 we found many tools for construction and crafting. There was a complete forge and much more. Ceadda tried his ruinic carving, but nothing much happened until Romari, having found the plans for constructing the wonderous tools known as Upendal's blessing, attempted to make them. He needed some help, but eventually we accomplished it, and obtained, not only Upendal's Blessing, but his statue in the center room moved.

We sent back word to the ship that we would be attempting the next room at 10pm, and stood watch or took naps until then. The room Erendis was pointing too was very large and lined with crystal. There were piles of Crystal in each corner. They did not give off any heat, so I could not get a good look at any until I was fairly close. I was just saying "uh oh" when I felt crystalline spikes erupting from my body causing much pain and damage. I barely had time to activate my absorb blow charm to limit myself to only one wound. We had previously seen that there were crystals like the one I was approaching in each of the three corners of the room. In addition 5 Cadaver Men stepped out of the crystal walls. Ceadda spent his first attacks against a Cadaver Man, and several of the others looked like they were maneuvering to engage the CM, so I bellowed out my traditional advice about Cadaver Men. "Ignore the CM! Bash the Crystals!" I feel fortunate that they all heeded my advice. I and Romari took out the NE Crystal Entity. Ceadda took out the SW corner one. Pethrytholilanista softened up the one in the NW corner before everybody converged upon it to shatter it to a thousand pieces. The Cadaver Men disintegrated when the last of their creators were destroyed. Somehow I doubt that was the challenge that the original kear designers had intended, but when we emerged from the room, the statue of Erendis had shifted, though the face had changed to the scowling visage of Dis.

A 4th statue had appeared. Garlen's foot pointed towards door #8. We needed to wait 10 hours for that to appear, so we went back tot he ship and slept. A few minutes before 8am we entered door #8 and saw a large meeting room. 8 figures were messing with a large vault'like kear door on the far end. They turned towards us and we say that they were wormskull's. I was pretty useless in this fight, as I did very little damage with my first blow, and their Skin Shift talent gave me 3 wounds immediately,and 3 more wounds shortly later. Ceadda dropped one of them, and the spellcasters did yeoman work on the 2nd after Ceadda was dropped unconscious. It was a horrible, horrible fight against some very powerful horrors.

Looking at the door, we decided it had withstood the wormskulls attentions for years, maybe even decades or longer. We used the knock spell and the kaer residents opened to us (which was fairly stupid of them, since we could have been a horror trick). There was much rejoicing.

BattleChad

Re: AAR: The Replacement Crew 3

Post by BattleChad » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:01 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Thane for his contribution.

Journal Rewards: 340 Legend Points and 300 Silver