AAR: [5th] Expedition to the City of Telpis - The Eastern Outskirts. (FAILED)

*ARCHIVED* Sub-forum for the original West Marches Discord campaign

Moderator:etherial

BattleChad
AAR: [5th] Expedition to the City of Telpis - The Eastern Outskirts. (FAILED)

Post by BattleChad » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:59 pm

Mission: Expedition to the City of Telpis - The Eastern Outskirts.
GM: Aegharan
Date: 2018-Feb-3
Difficulty and circle rating: Circle 5 Medium (Failed due to GM needing to leave mid-game, reward as Easy)

Player Rewards:
Grom (2000 Legend, 400 Silver)
Romari (2000 Legend, 400 Silver)
Thane (2000 Legend, 400 Silver)
Ceadda (2000 Legend, 400 Silver)

ChrisDDickey

Re: AAR: [5th] Expedition to the City of Telpis - The Eastern Outskirts. (FAILED)

Post by ChrisDDickey » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:07 pm

From the journal of Thane Cawdor

We had so much fun visiting Telpis that Grom, Romari, Ceadda and myself decided to turn right around and go right back. We Traveled to Borgan's Rest, but found that the T'Skrang riverboat had other commitments. It could only bring us a few hours travel downstream. So we did not really save any time by with river travel. On the other hand, they did not bother to charge us for the very short lift, so except that we were able to get a good meal at the village, we nether gained nor lost anything for the detour.

When the Riverboat dropped us off, just a few miles downstream from their Nial, we knew we had a good 3 or 4 good days walk to get to Telips. We had barely been marching an hour when we heard ominous howling. The spell-casters immediately started pulling threads for combat spells, as we all felt attack was imminent, as indeed it was. One by one, 4 Storm Wolves raced up and savagely attacked us. I was the only one to take a serious wound, and soon they all lay at our feet.

We felt this was unusual behavior for Storm Wolves, and knew that they are not evil creatures by nature. Therefor we applied crude poultices to the wounds of the unconscious creatures and pulled back leaving them to recover, if that is what Jaspree wills. From the top of the hill we could see that we were on the edge of the storm. We continued to hike away hoping to be far away when the Storm Wolves regained awareness. The funny thing is that after just 15 minutes of hiking, we hiked out of the storm. Even more weird, the storm was clearly stationary, with a clear demarcation line between sun and storm that did not move! We waited for 3 days for the storm to end, but it never did. For all three days the storm stayed just a few hundred feet from our camp! After three days of this strange behavior we got weirded out, and returned to Throal.

When we returned to Throal, I consulted a Soothsayer about the results of our last few missions. He informed me that Garlen (and maybe also Jaspree) are clearly angry with us for slaying the guardians of her shrine outside of Telips and that it is she who sent the Storm Wolves to attack us, and kept the storm thundering so fiercely for so many days. The soothsayer suggests that we consult the temple of Garlen here in Throal to to see what we can do to assuage Garlen's anger. Hopefully the temple will be able to assign a quest for us that will get us back into the Passions good graces.

BattleChad

Re: AAR: [5th] Expedition to the City of Telpis - The Eastern Outskirts. (FAILED)

Post by BattleChad » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:04 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Thane for his contribution.

Jounal Rewards: 100 Legend Points and 100 Silver

Jexel

Post by Jexel » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Journal of Grom Skycleaver

Companions:

Ceadda
Thane
Romari

We headed back to Telips. This time the boatmen were worried about going south on the river and so we had to do a couple more days by foot. On the way down we were ambushed by four Storm Wolves. Seems odd to me that this is the second time I have fought these so called guardians. Others seemed to think this is because we angered the Passions.

Two wolves engaged and then two more came later. Ceadda knocked out two, one ran off and I cleaved another in two. Thane was hit hard by the wolves but fought through it. Oddly when we had dropped three the last one came back and attacked Ceadda. We beat down the wolves with three knocked out and one split in two. I left some dried jerky for the living wolves to eat when the woke up. I did not have any great desire to kill these creatures although I did revel in the chance for battle.

After the battle the storm raged on and we were unable to continue south to Telips. The city is cursed in many ways.

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:56 am

The Great Library of Throal thanks Grom for his contribution.

Jounal Rewards: 100 Legend Points and 100 Silver