Found the raggok cultists kaer.

Jason

Re: AAR: Genhis supply and demand

Post by Jason » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:56 am

From the Journal of Irwin E. Hopperton

Osahar asked us to help track down the Cultist supply of Gensi
I picked up a Climbing Kit prior to leaving
talked to Lorence - nothing useful
talked to blacksmith - said some stuff in the direction of The Granite Keep might be related to the cultists

Got attacked by undead & stinky eagles at night on the way to the The Granite Keep

found 4 cultists a while later. took them out.. Aegharan attempted to question them. 2 were alive but unconsious at the end of the fight. Leader didn't talk. other did.

We headed off in the indicated direction to try to find the source of the gensi based on the the other said.

found a pen of adult gensi guarded by two cultists and undead gensi. We eventually took them down. One of the remaining cultists gave us directions to the kaer of the cultists - 40.13.
Play my game jam games - made by one person in a limited time frame (usually 48 hours)

Quixotic

Post by Quixotic » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:35 am

Felsic: Also -1 Absorb Blow charm, -1 Booster potion.

CodexDragon

Post by CodexDragon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:15 pm

Notes submitted by Osahar

I had put out word that I was looking for a few adepts to join me in tracking down where the cultists of Raggok were getting their genhis and see if we could disrupt their supply chain. Irwin, a human elementalist with whom I have worked with before, and two other that were new to me, Aegharan, and elven illusionist, and Felsic, and obsidiman scout, agreed to join me.

We decided to head out to Borgan's Rest to use it as a base of operations while searching the area and to see if we could pick up any useful information on cultist or genhis movements in the area. Lawrence to troubadour did not have any useful information, but the blacksmith said some people were attacked by undead genhis to the northwest. We decided to head to that location to see if we could pick up the trail.

The first day and night passed without incident, as well as the second day. During the second night we were attacked by two undead eagles. I was badly wounded and unable to fully recover, though the rest of the part pulled through without lasting affects. The third day we found the camp where the eagles had come from and there were three cultists and their leader there. We attacked them, killing two of the cultists and knocking the last one and the leader unconscious. We were able to get the location of the genhis operation from the cultist.

When we got to the genhis camp, there was a corral with a bunch of living, adult genhis, two cultists, 3 undead baby genhis, and 1 adult undead genhis. After a bitter battle, where Aegharan was paralyzed and I was knocked unconscious, we emerged triumphant. We were able to extract the location of the Raggok kaer from one of the prisoners. Since none of us was trained in driving the adult genhis back to town, we decided to kill all the ones in the corral to deprive the cultists of their supply.

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:11 am

The Great Library of Throal thanks Osahar and Irwin for their contributions.

Journal Rewards: 40 Legend Points and 80 Silver

Aegharan

Post by Aegharan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:39 pm

Some archer I hadn't met before searched for help in interrupting the supply chain of some cultists it seemed. Besides this archer, Osaha, who is a really friendly elf, Irwin the Elementalist and Felsic the Scout accompanied us.

We headed out towards Borgan's Rest to find out where the cultists have been seen. The local Bard was of no real help, whereas the smith who is also kind of the village's leader. He pointed us into the right direction. Soonish we met some cultists camping on a small cliff. Apparently Irwin lighting Felsic's sword on fire to cook some stuff upset these cultists, as they attacked us. They fought fiercely and even wounded us, but didn't succeed in the end. Two of them were alive after the fight. We questioned them and got the info, setting the cultist free in return. The leader was not so lucky. Apparently they breed these genhis, convert them to undead beings and transport them to a Kaer that is nearby, with a small group leaving for the Kaer soon.

For fear of the cultist we set free alerting other cultists we hurried towards the area where the cultists held the Genhis and did not tend to our wounds first. This was a mistake, as these cultists, scar-ridden and torture-experienced (seemingly both on the receiving and the giving end), seemed to sense our wounds and worsened our constitution significantly.

We found the enclosure where the genhis were held, guarded by some cultists and accompanied by some undead genhis. When they noticed us approaching they set the 4 undead genhis free which promptly charged towards us. One of those was really huge and ripped chunks out of Felsic. This seemed to turn on the cultists who then tried to down him. We did our best in taking them all down, while they went after our wounded and threw bags of poison. I caught on bag of poison and did not have the tenacity to resist. I noticed my limbs freezing and became fully paralyzed, toppling over. When I came back to my senses some time later, the cultists were dead and our group debating over what to do with those genhis. It hurt me deeply, but as we had nobody trained in handling animals, we killed them off, to diminish the cultists' supplies. Poor livestock would have gotten us a good price on the markets...

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:04 am

The Great Library of Throal thanks Aegharan for their contributions.

Quixotic

Post by Quixotic » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Irwin, Oshahar the Archer, Aegharan the Illusionist and I decided to track down the source of baby Genhis that the Raggok cultists have been loosing upon the countryside and have been attacking the Bog Goblins and Borgan’s Rest. We started our search in Borgan’s rest and headed NorthWest towards the plains.

On the second day we were attacked by two undead eagles which were effectively dispatched by the three others in our party. We determined which direction they had flown from and I scouted ahead, quietly finding their camp. Determining that there were no hidden members or other eagles I travelled back to the rest of our group.

Aegharan cast an illusion upon me to appear large and Irwin cast a flame upon my weapon and we stride into battle. I engaged the four cultists in hand to hand while my fellows fought from range. The cultists were more interests in causing me pain and injuries than overwhelming us and using that knowledge we managed to defeat them.

The two left alive were separated and were glad to betray their fellows if allowed to live. It struck me as peculiar, almost like a code of honour they followed. I do not trust the corrupted Rashomon except for this - once you have defeated these cultists they will barter true for their lives. I suspect the words and not necessarily the spirit of any deals will be followed. Nevertheless we let one go and he told us how to find the Genhis.

After three hours of travelling we came upon a pen with fifteen Genhis. There were two cultists here with 1 adult and 4 young undead Genhis staked to the ground. I was still feeling the effects of my wounds and we were in no shape to sneak up on them. Fortunately the cultists could only free two undead at a time and so we did not have to face everything at the same time.

It was a very close battle with our Archer knocked unconscious and our Illusionist paralysed by poison. The undead were dispatched first before I was injured beyond effectiveness. Fortunately my state drew the cultists in, fascinated with my wounds they ignored the others. I managedd to awaken our Archer and Irwin’s opportunities to cast offensively brought us the victory.

This was a most fortunate captrue of prisoners as these two knew the location of their Kaer. Winter is coming and the Genhis would have provided them with much meat. If we could have brought them back 200 plus miles to Borgan’s rest we should have but frankly with my five wounds I could barely navigate back home let alone bring the cattle. We slaughtered them all, denying their meat to their Kaer.

One prisoner gave up the location of their Kaer and the other was brought to Throal for them to question.

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:04 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Felsic for their contributions.