T'skrang Nipples

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Slimcreeper
T'skrang Nipples

Post by Slimcreeper » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:11 pm

We've had a lot of acrimonious debate about this or that rule lately. Normally I would post something goofy that I made up, but I'm doing a bunch of writing for something else right now and got nothing.

So: T'skrang nipples: lactating or non-lactating? My wife is a Lactation Consultant, so I think about these sort of things a lot. How do they get suction when they latch? Are you in favor of the seahorse model of male nursing?

And secondary sex characteristics? What makes a t'skrang hot?

And moving on to trolls! What's your opinion on sexual dimorphism in trolls? And is symmetry the thing that gets their motor running, like it does with humans?

Oh! And dwarves? Are dwarf ladies into tall dwarfs or not? Or are they like, the shorter the better, baby?

And finally, windlings. I would like to posit that all windlings are just topless all the time. Shirts would be such a hassle. But then, if I were a t'skrang I'd probably Donald Duck it all day, what with the tail and all.

That's all I got for now, but somebody needs to share something fun soon, or I'll do this again tomorrow.

etherial

Re: T'skrang Nipples

Post by etherial » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Slimcreeper wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:11 pm
We've had a lot of acrimonious debate about this or that rule lately. Normally I would post something goofy that I made up, but I'm doing a bunch of writing for something else right now and got nothing.

So: T'skrang nipples: lactating or non-lactating? My wife is a Lactation Consultant, so I think about these sort of things a lot. How do they get suction when they latch? Are you in favor of the seahorse model of male nursing?

And secondary sex characteristics? What makes a t'skrang hot?
Personally, I'm against lactating T'Skrang. Especially since in the book, it says that male T'Skrang do all the parenting, which mostly just renders them your normal everyday sexist culture but with the men and women reversed. Boring.
Slimcreeper wrote:
And moving on to trolls! What's your opinion on sexual dimorphism in trolls? And is symmetry the thing that gets their motor running, like it does with humans?
I think Trolls are more like wolves, looking for cacophany rather than harmony. The Travar author certainly thinks Trolls have sexual dimorphism, but I think the Trollthelia is really the only thing that matters. How do you think they do it in line marriages? Is there a separate bedroom for making whoopie or do they have orgies?
Slimcreeper wrote:
Oh! And dwarves? Are dwarf ladies into tall dwarfs or not? Or are they like, the shorter the better, baby?

And finally, windlings. I would like to posit that all windlings are just topless all the time. Shirts would be such a hassle. But then, if I were a t'skrang I'd probably Donald Duck it all day, what with the tail and all.

That's all I got for now, but somebody needs to share something fun soon, or I'll do this again tomorrow.
Dwarves I think care more about stoutness. Dwarf women want a nice thick man to hold the table together while she bangs the nails in.

Flowswithdrek

Post by Flowswithdrek » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:43 pm

etherial wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:28 pm
The Travar author certainly thinks Trolls have sexual dimorphism
The Travar author had to go and look that term up...just to be sure.

Having never actually considered it before now, and now that I can't not think about it (damn Horror cursed thread, topic, thingie) its the horns that give trolls the....well, horn. I guess because trolls, dwarves etc come from human stock (at least at the start of each magic cycle) they may have certain things in common, such as this sexual dimorphism thing ya all want to talk about. T'skrang I see as different because they are aliens to the Earth.

etherial

Post by etherial » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:50 pm

Flowswithdrek wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:43 pm
I guess because trolls, dwarves etc come from human stock (at least at the start of each magic cycle) they may have certain things in common, such as this sexual dimorphism thing ya all want to talk about.
Humans don't really have sexual dimorphism. Anglerfish have sexual dimorphism. Praying Mantises have sexual dimorphism. Humans have sexes.

Calamrin

Post by Calamrin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:27 pm

I reckon humans have sexual diamorphisms...as to humans having sexes they do, but if you liberally minded like myself it gets very grey very fast)

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:17 pm

Etherial, all the sudden I think dwarfs are super hot. You have changed the concept of tabletop gaming forever.

Telarus

Post by Telarus » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:21 pm

Love this thread. :D

In my Barsaive, T'skrang females have small breasts, males grow large ones when they take on the specific cultural role mentioned in the books. Both are capable of lactacting (varies by individual) theoretically, but the female population has a minority that are actually viable for nursing a child. I linked it back to the t'skrang's failing reproductive cycle. It isn't just that the eggs are failing to quicken, but that the female's natural system for feeding the children is also failing. The male's filling in is crazy Shivalahala herbal magic to make up for the fact that so many female t'skrang can't lactate (even with the herbal magic).

My fiance's character - Lux Vistrimon, a t'skrang Air Sailor, wanted to rock a ruffly A-cup pirate shirt, so how could I possibly deny her that. :D

This made t'skrang a tiny bit more mammalian/draconian than lizard. It also allows the various clothing trends (AND thus textile trade from Throal) to follow a little bit closer to our cultural norms & those presented in most fantasy - with the same inversions of tropes possible.

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:29 pm

Sexual dimorphism is more of a spectrum than a binary. Anglerfish are way off on one end, while humans have much less drastic differences.

As far as I'm concerned, t'skrang females do not have breasts. According to the description in Denizens, males 'nurse' newborn t'skrang. Presumably there is some equivalent of nipples, but male t'skrang don't have breasts either (at least in the traditional "secondary sex characteristic" sense).

Trolls display the same kind of secondary sex characteristics as other human-derived stock. As for what a troll finds attractive... there is no doubt a significant portion of cultural influence (after all, what humans have found attractive in our world has changed over the centuries).
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Dougansf

Post by Dougansf » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:51 pm

Do Blood Elves cuddle?

The Undying

Post by The Undying » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:36 am

Slimcreeper wrote:
I think somebody asked a while ago about how to handle backpacks with Windlings. I think fanny packs should be the defacto storage option for Windlings. Maybe the classy new ones that are all the rage and look like you've just got this overflowing paunch.