A New Book of Dragons

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
LouP
Re: A New Book of Dragons

Post by LouP » Thu May 04, 2017 6:09 pm

Hello,

For what it's worth, one of the books we were planning for 1999 (!) for ED1 was a book about Iopos. I'd share the working title, but I don't know if that would be considered a spoiler. It's been a LONG time, but there are still lots of new ED fans who may not have read everything we published for ED1 and know all of the ED1's "open" secrets.

Take Care!

Lou Prosperi

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Fri May 05, 2017 9:57 am

Thanks for chiming in, Lou :)
[fanboy mode on] Really love your work on Earthdawn. [fanboy mode off]
LouP wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 6:09 pm
For what it's worth, one of the books we were planning for 1999 (!) for ED1 was a book about Iopos. I'd share the working title, but I don't know if that would be considered a spoiler.
Oooh, intriguing :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Fri May 05, 2017 12:56 pm

LouP wrote:
...but I don't know if that would be considered a spoiler.
We revealed the secret in the ED4 GM Guide, with the caveat that few in Barsaive know the truth.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

LouP

Post by LouP » Fri May 05, 2017 2:01 pm

Hello,
Mataxes wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 12:56 pm
LouP wrote:
...but I don't know if that would be considered a spoiler.
We revealed the secret in the ED4 GM Guide, with the caveat that few in Barsaive know the truth.
In that case...

Our working title for the Iopos book was "Pawns of the Dragon" and would have look at not just Iopos and the Denairastas, but also the troll moot and t'skrang aropagoi (House Ishkarat I believe) aligned with them. I also seem to recall mention of a community of windlings near Iopos that might be among the pawns as well. The idea was this would be a report prepared for the Throalic military on the state of Iopos and its allies.

Take Care,

Lou

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Fri May 05, 2017 3:11 pm

LouP wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 2:01 pm
Our working title for the Iopos book was "Pawns of the Dragon" and would have look at not just Iopos and the Denairastas, but also the troll moot and t'skrang aropagoi (House Ishkarat I believe) aligned with them. I also seem to recall mention of a community of windlings near Iopos that might be among the pawns as well. The idea was this would be a report prepared for the Throalic military on the state of Iopos and its allies.
I don't know how much had been actually written back then, but would there be hope to use it as the basis of the hypothetical ED4 Iopos book?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Fri May 05, 2017 11:49 pm

Marzhin wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 3:11 pm
LouP wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 2:01 pm
I don't know how much had been actually written back then, but would there be hope to use it as the basis of the hypothetical ED4 Iopos book?
Aside from some notes on what the book would be about (not much more than Lou said above), nothing had been written.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

saryakan

Post by saryakan » Sat May 06, 2017 5:46 am

Just dropping by to say that slowly uncovering the whole secret about Denairastas over multiple years in our Campaign was one of the coolest experiences I had in playing Pen and Paper RPGs.