Regarding Shared Matrice

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Nicsterdk
Regarding Shared Matrice

Post by Nicsterdk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:10 am

Hi all,

I'm a very new Earthdawn 4th edition player, and have stumbled into the Nethermancer class :)
I have seen the mention of Shared Matrix a number of times, in different topics. But simply can't find the talent. I have the players handbook, and there it is nowhere to be found. I have also looked through the high circle previews, and tried my Google-Fu to no avail.

Can anyone tell me where I find the rules about the Shared Matrix Talent, at what circle it will be available, to what class etc.?

In short, I want this talent, how do I get it? :D

Thanks in advance.

The Undying

Re: Regarding Shared Matrice

Post by The Undying » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:18 am

You have a long way to go. ;)

Shared Mattix is a Master Talent - as in, Circle 13. That's when you get access to it as a *Talent*. It's possible, but very unlikely, to get access to it as an object before then. Matrix Objects are far more scarce in ED4, and this type of Object is a very "high level" item. Matrices are going to be hard to come by, so you'll just have to learn to prioritize. :) Embrace the challenge!

And welcome to Earthdawn!

Nicsterdk

Post by Nicsterdk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:27 am

Oh thanks a lot, and I assume that high circle advancement will come in a later Earthdawn supplement release?

Challenge accepted ;)

PiXeL01

Post by PiXeL01 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:31 am

High circle advancement should be available in the upcoming Earthdawn Companion.

Personally I can't wait!

Nicsterdk

Post by Nicsterdk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:40 am

Oooh do we have a release date for that? ^^

The Undying

Post by The Undying » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:56 am

Not really. Hopefully fall of this year

Nicsterdk

Post by Nicsterdk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:57 am

Well there is a long way to thirteenth circle, so I guess I can arm myself with patience :)

The Undying

Post by The Undying » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:00 am

If you want a sneak peak of the Talent progression:

http://fasagames.com/2016/12/10/high-ci ... hermancer/

Bare in mind though that you don't have access to any of the actual Talent text though

Nicsterdk

Post by Nicsterdk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:13 am

Thanks a bunch, that looks awesome!!

The Undying

Post by The Undying » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:25 am

Nicsterdk wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:10 am
stumbled into the Nethermancer class
(Just a quote so you get a notification)

Nethermancers vary a lot in mood from table to table, but they are GENERALLY pariahs to some extent or another. The Compendium will likely get into the "roleplaying tips" for each Discipline (unless they've decided to ditch that template from previous generations). However, if you want a SUPER condensed version from ED3:

- Moral relativism. Things aren't inherently good or bad, they can just be used for good or bad things. Also, sometimes (lets be honest - usually), things other Namegivers would consider "bad" must be done to achieve a greater "good," and you'll build some animosity from others doing what must be done.
- Death isn't so bad. Namegivers live on as spirits, so it's not a TRUE end. So, yeah, it's unfortunate, but nothing to cry over. Again, your apparent coldness in the face of death is likely to upset those around you.
- Regret nothing. Maybe you could have chosen better or done something else, but you did what had to be done, it's over. Learn from it if it was a mistake. If it wasn't, if it was just "bad" given the frame of mind your companions and other Namegivers use but it was actually "good" in your frame, than you have ZERO reason to be apologetic about it. Yet again, more reason for other Namegivers to get upset with you.
- NEVER give in to fear. Ever.
- (This one is far more subjective) When people give you sh*t for being aloof or cold or uncaring or doing "bad" things, you should pity those that can't actually see the bigger picture and move past the pettiness of unfortunate losses that must be made. Maybe even go so far as mock them or be condescending. NPC Nethermancers (including your master) will probably do this, regardless. It's up to you if you don't want to go to that extent ... but other Namegivers WILL judge you ... because they are weak and short-sighted ... it's not your fault ... if anything, they should THANK you for doing what they couldn't have done ... SURELY the Namegivers that look down on you or treat you unfairly are just putting up an act to fit in, SURELY deep down they value what you've done ... ... ...