AAR [4 m] Just some Errands (2020-07-16@18.30 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

Aegharan
AAR [4 m] Just some Errands (2020-07-16@18.30 GMT)

Post by Aegharan » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:30 pm

LFG: Just some Errands
Time: 2020-07-16@18.30 GMT
GM: Aeggy
Circle: 4
Difficulty: Medium

Rumor: Flootwick Borkum, upstarting alchemical entrepreneur, seeks assistance from some Adepts. Apparently the grounds around Throal have long been claimed, so he intends to have someone guard him on his travels in search for rare ingredients.

Note: This will be a c4 adventure.
Last edited by Aegharan on Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

predajey

Re: LFG (2-3m) Just some Errands (2020-07-16@18.30 GMT)

Post by predajey » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:05 pm

Name: Vralino Hammer-Shield
Date of Last Game Played:July 15
ECR: 4
Discipline: Sword Master...or Spear Master, depending on popular opinion.
Unique: Spears, Shield, Surgery, and Socializing...somewhat.

bronzemountain

Re: LFG [? m] Just some Errands (2020-07-16@18.30 GMT)

Post by bronzemountain » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:12 pm

Rather than post 3 different character posts, I'll just say that Dvarim (9), Temur (6), and A'horangi (4, probably 5) are all available. Based on circle choice I can then specify.

ottdmk

Post by ottdmk » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:41 pm

Name: Darius Crawford
Last played (player): 2020-07-11
ECR: 3 (Circle 3, 3,780 LP)
Discipline: Archer
Quote/Unique: Hawk Hatchet, Bolas & Spears.
Notable Abilities: Call Missile
Downtime: Craft Weapon
NOTE: SECONDARY CHARACTER

Montaugh

Post by Montaugh » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:42 pm

Name: William Carver
Date Last Played July 11th, 2020
ECR: 8 ( 206,725 LP)
Race: Human
Discipline: Scout 7 Thief 5, Journeyman 1
Quote/Unique: I'll get you there and back again.
Notable Abilities:
Talented: Locks/Traps, Stealth/Scouting, Ranged/Melee, map making. Animal bond/borrow. Safe Path! Sleeps with One Eye Open
Items: Pure Water Pot (cast the Purify Water spell, p. 190, with a Spellcasting and Effect Step of 8/2D6 on any liquid placed in them). Upandal's Blessings (tools that let him reroll failed artisan checks)
Potions: Kelia's Antidote (1), Booster Potion (5), Kelix's Poultice (1), Halt Illness Potion (1), Healing Potion (3), Last Chance Salve (3)
Mounted: Huttawa named Charlie
Downtime: Forge Weapon (5) Step 12, Research 7 Step (14) (17 with library access) Item History 5 (12).

Shokunin

Post by Shokunin » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:11 pm

Name: Vlolkir
Last played (player): 2020-07-11
ECR: 8
Discipline: Skyraider
Notable Abilities: yall know what it is
Downtime: N/a

Aegharan

Re: LFG [4 m] Just some Errands (2020-07-16@18.30 GMT)

Post by Aegharan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:47 pm

Just some Errands
Time: 2020-07-16@18:30 GMT
GM: Aeggy
Circle: 4
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
A'horangi: 3 TIPs, 2,200 Legend, 375 Silver
Darius: 3 TIPs, 2,200 Legend, 375 Silver
Vralino: 3 TIPs, 2,200 Legend, 375 Silver, Thread Long Spear

Journal Rewards:
110 Legend & 93.8 Silver

GM Reward:
Karl Tomsson: 3 TIPs, 19,000 Legend, 900 Silver

Downtime Actions Available:
---

Further Information:
A'horangi: Item History rank 3 step 18
A'horangi: Research Rank 1, step 16 (step 19 with library)
Darius Craft Weapon Rank 3 Step 10
Vralino: Drinking and Caroussing

ottdmk

Re: AAR [4 m] Just some Errands (2020-07-16@18.30 GMT)

Post by ottdmk » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:40 pm

Darius Crawford writes:

Well, this was fairly straightforward. Very, very painful, but straightforward. I answered an ad in the marketplace for some bodyguard work. An alchemist named Flootwick Borkum wanted to head towards the Servos Jungle in search of ingredients for his potions. I needed some coin, as always, so I figured, why not?

A'horangi the monk was also hired, as was Vralino Hammer-Shield, a Swordmaster (or, rather, Spearmaster. Hey, if there's one thing I understand it's a slightly off-book approach to a Discipline.) So, off we went.

First painful test came when Flootwick wanted some moss off of a particular cliff. We were attacked by fiery eagles while on the cliff face. I was slower than I should've been, and got hurt. Even got knocked off the cliff face and rendered unconscious. A'horangi woke me up. We managed to finish off the eagles. As a bonus, we raided the nest and picked up some eggs and even some weaponry (weird, that.)

Healed up some on the walk to the next site. Once there, we were attacked by undead Termites of all things. Big, undead Termites. Still, we fought them off enough that we lived (A'horangi took the worst of it) and finished the job with Flootwick. He got what he wanted and we made it safely back to Throal.

predajey

Re: AAR [4 m] Just some Errands (2020-07-16@18.30 GMT)

Post by predajey » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:03 am

The following is a recollection from Vralino Hammer-Shield, a 15 year old Ork girl who grew up avoiding society. At this point, she has found value in a small circle of friends and has even begun networking socially for jobs. The text remains unaltered to maintain its authenticity (Certain terms and names written wrong to keep in character). It is written in Or'zet.

Well, it's been a pretty slow week, but I heard news of a new alchemist trying to start up his business in Throal. Jerry wasn't much of a fan. He said the guy was a complete loon. Still, pay is pay, and at least taking this job would put me on the road with Rangi again! Flootwick Borkum's the new game in town, and he was headed to the Servos Jungle. I was there just a couple weeks ago! It should be fun!

It was anything but fun. First we had to climb a rocky cliff. Normally this is something I'm decent at, but the damned dwarf talked me into buying a climbing kit. Not that it helped at all. I still fell flat on my butt just trying to get on the damn thing. As if that wasn't enough, once I got moving, a few fire eagles came screeching at us. Good thing I didn't get very far. They knocked me off the wall. We had a human archer with us. He and Rangi were much higher when the eagles attacked. Darius Crawford got knocked off the wall and knocked out on the ground. Rangi did what she could to climb down before she was thrown off the wall. After killing the roasting birds, we climbed back up the wall and into their nest. There were a few eggs, which Flootwick was happy to collect.

Then things get even worse. At the top of the cliff, we come across a few dead termites. Only they weren't actually non-living. Little bastards spewed acid on just about everyone. Luckily, I was able to put a tactic together to keep our recently recovered archer safe. While Darius Crawford was fine during the fight, Rangi was knocked out this time. It's really weird, because I ended up coming out of the job with more wounds than either of them. I think I had as many as they had combined.

In spite of our injuries, we were able to get Flootwick where he wanted to go and what he wanted to get. He came out with fire eagle eggs and a few coconuts. I can't believe we risked our lives for that! Although, I did come across this amazing spear! It had a broad head and was adorned with bells and red tassels. I bet Thorkell would have loved to take a look at this thing, but sadly I couldn't find him. Ok, I was impatient, and Rangi was right there with me. She took a look into the True Pattern for me and had a solid lead on what I would need to tap into the power it held. Oh, the things I could kill with this thing...
Last edited by predajey on Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

bronzemountain

Field Notes of A'horangi Ha'hana Syrtis, Vol. 2

Post by bronzemountain » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:53 pm

Entry 1.

Beginning of Volume 2, notable as this is when I became a Journeyman.

Alchemist Flootwick Borkum seeks rare ingredients. Area around Throal largely farmed /claimed. Potentially over-harvested. Seeks guardians while he collects materials. Acceptable. Location and nature of ingredients might be interesting.

Accompanying me, Vralino. Wild girl, fiercely loyal. Great potential but must leverage it quickly. Orks do not live long. Darius. Archer. First Archer I have seen eschew bow in favor of hawk hatchet. Seems dependable.

We head into mountains first. Much climbing - one vertical cliff wall. We make varying progress before we are attacked by some sort of Fire Eagle. Do eagles become fire eagles? Or is it a new species? Most interesting. Difficult fighting on vertical surface, most of party falling, heavily wounded. Darius effective at clipping wings of eagles. Highly recommended tactic. Also, kicking works.

Fire Eagle nest holds shards of valuable elemental eggshells. Pleased to have collected eggs without having to kill chicks.

Then, travel towards next location. Encounter undead termites. How do termites become undead? Entomologist nethermancer? Eat flesh of corrupt plants and animals? Seems unlikely to be intentionally created. Termites are very dangerous. Hard chitinous shell resists blows. Wicked mandibles capable of chewing through wood, stone, armor, and namegivers. Spew caustic irritant, attracts other termites. Vralino offered sage tactical advice - pleased to see. I could not hold my place, less pleased.

Much to learn.