AAR: [6M] How about a nice game of atlosh t’zdram? Monday 2020-07-06@21:00 GMT

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

etherial
AAR: [6M] How about a nice game of atlosh t’zdram? Monday 2020-07-06@21:00 GMT

Post by etherial » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:04 pm

LFG: Atlosh T'zdram
Time: 2020-07-06@21:00 GMT
GM: etherial
Circle: Depends on who signs up
Difficulty: Medium

Atlosh T'zdram. The great game. It is chess. It is politics. Are you a player, or merely a playing piece?

Xzandrate

Re: LFG [???M] How about a nice game of atlosh t’zdram? Monday 2020-07-06@21:00 GMT

Post by Xzandrate » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:25 am

Name: Moe'uhane or Lazulin
Date of Last Game Played: 2020-06-27
ECR: 6 or 2
Discipline: Illusionist(6)/Messenger (4) Or Raider(2)
Unique: Enhanced matrix, buffs, some socials, Pretend fireballs Or stabbing stuff
Downtime: Research - step 9

sigfriedmcwild

Re: LFG [???M] How about a nice game of atlosh t’zdram? Monday 2020-07-06@21:00 GMT

Post by sigfriedmcwild » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:07 am

Name: Norg
Last played on: 2020-07-05
ECR: 6 (57645lp)
Discipline: Gauntlet 6 / Air Sailor 1
Quote/Unique: Endure, in enduring grow strong
Notable Abilities: PUNCH! JUMP! some awareness, some wilderness survival, the worst physician this side of the mountains
Downtime: none

Or

This is a secondary character
Name: Elisen
Last played on: 2020-07-05
ECR: 4 (7980lp)
Discipline: Cavalryman 4
Quote/Unique: Deliverance flies on silent wind
Notable Abilities: Zoak power!
Downtime: Animal training step 14 (10 + karma)
Last edited by sigfriedmcwild on Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sharkforce

Post by Sharkforce » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:00 am

Name: Zivilyn
ECR: 6
Last Played: Jul 1 (possibly Jul 4)
Discipline: Shaman/Wizard/Elementalist 5/3/1
Notable Abilities: Spells, mostly buffs and healing. Good with animals.
Downtime: Downtime: Animal Training (Talent) - Step 16 including karma (Rank 6) (can train up to 6 commands total, or improve non-combat skills by +1 per command used on it)
Research - Step 21 including karma (Rank 3). +3 to the step is available at a cost of 20 sp for access to the Great Library of Throal.
Item History - Step 15 including karma (Rank 3)

OR

Name: Orlam (sanction pending as of this post)
Date of Last Game Played: Jul 1 (possibly Jul 4)
Circle: 1 (0 LP)
Discipline: Elementalist 1
Unique: healing boosts, comfort, and I actually have navigation as a skill.
Downtime: Research (Skill, rating 3, step 9); +3 step available by paying 20 sp to access the great library of Throal.

Jexel

Post by Jexel » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:32 am

Name: Nez
Date of Last Game Played: 7-1-2020
ECR: 5
Discipline: Beastmaster(5)/Warrior(1)
Unique:
Downtime: Research - Animal Training Step 15 (Rank 5)

**Note** Can only do a ECR 4 or 5. ECR 6 would interfere with my plans for Barsavian dominance.

LadyDragoon

Post by LadyDragoon » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:04 am

Name: Azurea
Last Played: July 2 2020
Circle: ECR 5 [Circle 5]
Discipline: Shadow (5)
Unique: Happy go lucky attitude (or as some may call me Cheerful Sneaky Murder)
Downtime: Nothing:

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:45 am

This is a secondary character. Please prioritize primaries.

Name: Temur Tengerkhan
Circle: 6/4 (ECL 6)
Discipline: Spirit Rider / War Rider
Quote/Unique: "Those are good thoughts for thinking."
Notable Abilities: I ride an imaginary horse. I do the tracking and the survival and sometimes navigation.
Downtime: Wine, women, dancing.
Last Played: 2020-07-01 (To Catch a Master)

My Monday cleared up!

predajey

Post by predajey » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:21 am

Name: Vralino Hammer-Shield
Date of Last Game Played:July 3
ECR: 3
Discipline: Sword Master...or Spear Master, depending on popular opinion.
Unique: Stabbing, Shielding, Surgery, and Socializing...somewhat.

Quote: "I have a picture, so clearly you should pick me."
Powered by faulty logic.

etherial

Re: AAR: [6M] How about a nice game of atlosh t’zdram? Monday 2020-07-06@21:00 GMT

Post by etherial » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:57 am

AAR: Atlosh T'zdram
GM: etherial
ECR: 6
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
Azurea: 7500 LP 650 SP 3 TIP's
Moe'uhane: 7500 LP, 650 SP, 3 TIP's
Norg: 7500 LP, 650 SP, 3 TIP's
Temur: 7500 LP, 650 SP, 3 TIPs
Zivilyn: 7500 LP, 650 SP, 3 TIP's

Alternate Rewards:
Half price on Rations

Journal Reward: +375 LP, +162.5 SP
GM Reward: Daldorer: 13,000 Legend, 775 Silver, 3 TIPs

Downtime:
Zivilyn: Animal Training - Step 16 (Rank 6) (can train up to 6 commands total, or improve non-combat skills by +1 per command used on it)
Zivilyn: Research - Step 21 (Rank 3)
Zivilyn: Item History - Step 15 (Rank 3)

Summary:
Land has been cleared of threatening creatures so that Kampung Gajah can build a dock on the riverbank. There is a particularly tempestuous section of river that could be good for growing crops if calmed. K'Tenshin Pirates have been beaten back for a year and a day. The Great Game is complicated.

Sharkforce

Re: AAR: [6M] How about a nice game of atlosh t’zdram? Monday 2020-07-06@21:00 GMT

Post by Sharkforce » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:39 am

From the Journal of Zivilyn, Windling Magician: How about a nice game of atlosh t’zdram?

I was researching in the library when my friend and fellow adventurer Moe found me, making a big fuss about some sort of game the T'Skrang play. Atlosh t'zdram or something? Honestly, I had to look it up to make sure I got the spelling right - some day I'd like to learn a few more languages, but always there is too little time, too much to do. I wonder how the shorter-lived races can stand it, knowing they have even *less* time than us. Well, anyways, apparently this game also represents the complex political games the various T'skrang nialls and aropagoi play, or at least, to them it does.

He had gotten a game piece from the Lahala of Kampung Gaja, the messenger piece (representing him, I presume - I understand he has become a Messenger), and he was interpreting it to mean that she had something important for us to do. Of course, he neglected to mention that at first - he started off by telling me he thought there was an elemental imbalance that was making it hard to grow crops on the Coil, which of course I was happy to help with (he also neglected to mention that these particular crops are grown IN the coil, which would certainly have... dampened my enthusiasm, shall we say?). It seemed like an opportunity to study, plus it would undoubtedly help the settlement at Skyreader Island to boot. How could I say no? I told him Howler and I would be waiting for him at the gates of Throal and headed off while he said he was going to get together a few more people. Really, that should have tipped me off that it wasn't going to be anything straightforward... how many Elementalists do you need to figure out what's wrong with some crops?

Well, anyways, he found Temur, Norg, and a mostly-new-to-me Troll named Azurea. She says she is something called a Shadow, which is what she mentioned before when we were attacking Grakor, I believe, so that fits. She was very cheerful for someone who is so good at throwing daggers into peoples' backs. Surprisingly stealthy for a Troll, too, but also terrible at grasping the implications of subtle wordplay. So were Norg and Temur, I suppose... in fact, later on, the Lahala would give up on using symbolism beyond the most blatant examples of it because she could clearly tell that many of us were struggling to grasp what she wanted of us.

Anyways, we made good progress to Kampung Gaja, got across to the niall with the help of a fisherman who wanted "gifts" (read: payment by another name), and were able to secure an interview with the Lahala after learning as best we could about how the settlement was doing. When we met with the Lahala, she confirmed some of the rumours; the niall had only a certain amount of resources, and had recently joined with house V'Strimon, which more or less monopolized the trading resources they had available. This left very little to trade with Throal, and the Lahala was inviting us to... make an investment, I suppose, on behalf of Throal, in the form of applying our skills. Fortunately, I'm also a big fan of encouraging trade between the various communities of Barsaive, so even though there would be little if any opportunity to study Elementalism I was happy to come along.

Regardless, there were a few things she would be willing to accept contributions of... river piracy was causing some problems, their ideal location for building a dock to unload river boats was occupied by a large group of lightning lizards, and the area they would like to establish some additional underwater (eugh) farms in seemed disturbed by unusual elemental forces. She was, of course, much more circumspect than that... at first. But, like I said, she eventually dumbed it down quite a bit for us when she could see more than half of us didn't have a clue what she meant.

We figured we'd start with the lightning lizards. There was some discussion of somehow luring them to fight the pirates, or making it look like any pirate ship would have been attacked by them, but in the end it became quite obvious that we had no idea whatsoever where any pirates might even be in the first place, so we just started searching the area. The lightning lizards were having a very difficult time dealing with us; several of them were encouraged to relocate with my magic, and a few of them were killed as they insisted on attacking us. Personally, I'd have thought that after their abject failure to cause any significant harm in their initial attack would have made them decide we weren't good prey, but they had gotten a taste for us and would not stop. We ate quite well as a result, and got a few very nice-looking skins as well.

There was some discussion of possibly looking into the farms, but I quickly clarified that I cannot, in fact, talk to any Elemental Spirits that might be there (unless they speak Throalic or Windling), and so we decided to focus on what we are better suited for and go see if we could catch a ride on a riverboat (not a "proper" riverboat, as Moe was quick to clarify) and deal with any pirate attacks. Well, the ship had dried fish in it, which didn't draw much attention, but while the ship was docked at Lake Ban (Azurea spent most of the time taking baths, for some reason... I can understand getting clean, but you don't need to spend so much time in the water for that. And apparently she's persuaded Temur that this is a good idea, too).

Anyways, some of us were actually working to get attacked by pirates, and were alternately laying rumours that we either did or did not have valuables on the riverboat we were guarding, on the basis that if we did have any some of us would be smart enough to lie about it. Well, it worked, we got attacked by pirates. Really dangerous pirates. It is no wonder that the niall was struggling to deal with them, they actually almost managed to take down Norg, seriously wounded Azurea, knocked out Moe, and... well, actually, Temur, Howler and I were in pretty decent shape. They surrendered once we had them down to just a couple (and I think it may have also helped that Moe went unconscious and revealed that the concealing illusion of dried fish was, in fact, covering up... actual dried fish. And also, the fact that Norg pretty much ripped one of them in half due to just how frustrated he was by that point with their taunting and attacking with way too many swords). They displayed remarkable coordination before we began to gain the advantage and their numbers were too few to harry us effectively.

We secured their ship and brought them to Kampung Gaja to swear to leave the niall's transports alone in the future, which was sufficient to enable to T'skrang to establish stronger trade ties with Throal while keeping their agreements with V'Strimon as well. I believe I heard that the captain of the ship that joined this niall to their great house was quite boastful of having taken them from Throal. Perhaps she will learn some day that a true alliance strengthens both parties, not just the one at the expense of the other. While they have sworn their allegiance to house V'strimon, it was to Throal, not to their fellow T'Skrang, that the Lahala trusted to assist in this matter.

I feel that my Leopard Spirits were not as effective as they might have been. I am thinking that I should perhaps focus more on strengthening my allies in the future, rather than attempting to bring them down myself... at least, in situations where I have sufficient allies to strengthen, that is. The spirits seem to favour that much more highly. In fact, I feel that I have been guided in my efforts to locate the final resting place of a famed set of wyvern skin armour sized for a Windling, called Wyvern Oil, buried in a forgotten kaer. I believe it shall assist me in the event that someone or something decides to pin me down. In exchange for retrieving it for me, I had to give the location of the kaer to a group of adepts, but I wasn't about to go there alone and I'd like to take some time to train and finish compiling my research on the suit so that I can be prepared when they return. Plus, Howler could use a little more training as well.