AAR (7m) I can't get no Orichalkum (2020-06-02@20:00 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

Aegharan
AAR (7m) I can't get no Orichalkum (2020-06-02@20:00 GMT)

Post by Aegharan » Sat May 30, 2020 9:57 pm

LFG: I can't get no Orichalkum
Time: 2020-06-02@20:00 GMT (4 pm EST)
GM: Aeggy
Circle: ECR 7 (35,000 - 249,999 lifetime legend)
Difficulty: Medium
Players: 4-5
Organized by Dubhan

The "Grinding Wheel Mining Co" has trouble reclaiming a True Earth mine they ran before the scourge, where they also created Orichalkum. They hire Dubhan to investigate why a prior party has not returned.

Please post your character as follows:

Name: Character name
Date of Last Game Played:
Circle: Circle of your character
Discipline: Your character's Discipline(s)
Unique: What your character is bringing to the table.
Downtime: Talents and Skills that other characters can use over downtime: [Talent] [Step including +Karma Step if appropriate] ([Rank]) ([Further Details])
Last edited by Aegharan on Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Montaugh

Re: LFG (7m) I can't get no Orichalkum (2020-06-03@20:00 GMT)

Post by Montaugh » Sat May 30, 2020 10:34 pm

Name: William Carver
Date Last Played May 25, 2020
ECR: 7 ( 71,325 LP)
Race: Human
Discipline: Scout 6, Thief 5, Journeyman 1
Quote/Unique: I'll get you there and back again.
Notable Abilities:
Talented: Locks/Traps, Stealth/Scouting, Ranged/Melee, map making. Animal bond/borrow.
Items: Pure Water Pot (cast the Purify Water spell, p. 190, with a Spellcasting and Effect Step of 8/2D6 on any liquid placed in them). Upandal's Blessings (tools that let him reroll failed artisan checks)
Potions:Kelia's Antidote (1), Booster Potion (2), Kelix's Poultice (1), Halt Illness Potion (1), Healing Potion (1), Last Chance Salve (2)
Mounted: Huttawa named Charlie
Downtime: Forge Weapon (3) Step 8, Research 3(10) (13 with library access) Item History 5 (12).

((Things changed again, I can actually make it))
Last edited by Montaugh on Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChrisDDickey

Post by ChrisDDickey » Sat May 30, 2020 11:00 pm

Name: Zil
Date Player last played: May 26st
ECR: 7
Discipline: Elementalist 6th circle / Adherent of Garlen - Windling
Quote/Unique: Travel in style with a party Elementalist! Heat Food! Plant Feast! Purify Water! Shelter! Air Mattress! All the comforts of home upon the road. May the blessings of Garlen be upon you!
Notable Abilities: Physician, Questor of Garlen.
Downtime: Research rank 3, step 10 (step 13 if pay 20 sp for library access).
Item History Rank 3 (step 14 with karma).

Shokunin

Post by Shokunin » Sun May 31, 2020 3:14 am

Name: Vlolkir
Date of Last Game Played: 30May
Circle: ECR 6
Discipline: Skyraider
Unique: A very friendly mace!
Downtime: N/A

ottdmk

Post by ottdmk » Sun May 31, 2020 3:34 am

Name: Dubhan Goronich
Date of Last Game Played: 2020-05-29
Circle: 7 (ECR 7, 109,570 legend)
Discipline: Wizard
Unique: Spells (Buffs, Astral Sensing, Debuffs, etc.), Physician
Downtime: Research Step 23 (Don't bother with Library access)
Alchemy Step 10 (Booster Potions, Small Light Crystals, Kelix' Poultice)
Creation of Spell Matrix Objects: 5 days Downtime, 1,000 sp for Standard, 2,000 for Enhanced (Craft True Pattern Step 28).
Design Enchanting Pattern: 2 weeks downtime, 4 TIPs minimum, contact me for details.
Craft True Pattern: 2 weeks downtime, 9 TIPs minimum, (3 with Enchanting Blood Wound), contact me for details.
Last edited by ottdmk on Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

bronzemountain

Re: LFG (7m) I can't get no Orichalkum (2020-06-02@20:00 GMT)

Post by bronzemountain » Sun May 31, 2020 1:21 pm

Name: Dvarim Bolg
ECR: 7
Discipline: Weaponsmith / Elementalist
Quote/Unique: "I make things better. By hammering them."
Notable Abilities: Physician, Lock Pick, Chiseled Dwarven Good Looks
Downtime: Forge Weapon 7/18, Item History 4/15, Forge Armor 7/18 (+3 in one week if starting at 0, +2/week after)
Last Game Played: 2020-05-15 (The Debut)

Waijhou

Post by Waijhou » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:39 pm

Name: Xeviouz
Date of Last Game Played: May 31, 2020
Circle: 6/1
Discipline:Warrior/Horror Stalker
Unique: Sword & Board
Downtime: ---

Aegharan

Post by Aegharan » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:45 am

I can't get no Orichalkum
Time: 2020-06-02@20:00 GMT
GM: Aeggy
Circle: 7
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
Zil: 3 TIPs, 13,000 Legend, 275 Silver, 1k sp worth of orichalcum
Dvarim: 3 TIPs, 13,000 Legend, 225 Silver, 1K worth of orichalcum
Dubhan: 3 TIPs, 13,000 Legend, 0 SP, 1,550 sp of orichalcum.
Xeviouz: 3 TiP's, 13,000LP, 775sp
William 3 Tips, 13,000 LP, 575 Silver Pieces. 400 SP worth of Orichalcum

Journal Rewards:
650 Legend, 193,8 Silver

GM Reward:
Karl: 3 TIPs, 13,000, 775 Silver

Downtime Actions Available:
Dvarim: Forge Weapon 7/18 (+3 in one week if starting at 0, +2/week after)
Dvarim: Item History 4/15
Dvarim: Forge Armor 7/18 (+3 in one week if starting at 0, +2/week after)
Dubhan: Research Step 23 (Don't bother with Library access)
Dubhan: Alchemy Step 10 (Booster Potions, Small Light Crystals, Kelix' Poultice)
Dubhan: Creation of Spell Matrix Objects: 5 days Downtime, 1,000 sp for Standard, 2,000 for Enhanced (Craft True Pattern Step 28).
Dubhan: Design Enchanting Pattern: 2 weeks downtime, 4 TIPs minimum, contact me for details.
Dubhan: Craft True Pattern: 2 weeks downtime, 9 TIPs minimum, (3 with Enchanting Blood Wound), contact Dubhan for details.
Zil: Item History Rank 3, step 14

Further Information:
A True Earth Mine was cleared of a Minor Horror in the delta between the Ophtia and the Monthingale, border of Hex 33.07 and 34.07. A corrupted Swamp Ogres was killed who rode a Mastrylith.

Waijhou

Post by Waijhou » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:48 am

June 2, 2020
LFG (7m) I can't get no Orichalkum (2020-06-02@20:00 GMT)

The "Grinding Wheel Mining Co" has trouble reclaiming a True Earth mine they ran before the scourge, where they also created Orichalkum. They hire Dubhan to investigate why a prior party has not returned.
Myself, Dvarm, William Carver, Zil and Dhuban are all recruited to go check out an Orichalkum mine. There was a previous group of adepts that were sent to open the mine. We are to find out what happened to them. We are heading to 34.07, junction of the Mothingale and Opthia rivers (where they merge to become the Serpent) We begin our adventure leaving Throal and heading to Sosanopa(38.06). We pull the boat ashore and begin the hike towards where the mine should be. We are walking along a worn path when we hear/fell the ground trembling, like there is a stampede of animals near by. We are all looking around when we see 2 very large elephant creatures come bursting through the trees towards us. The is a big ugly ogre on the back of one of the elephants banging a drum. As the elephants draw near we prepare for battle. The elephants like to try to step on you then throw you into the air with the many tusks. We make quick work of them after the ogre is downed. Rest and recover.
Next we begin hiking to the mine site. We find an old worn mine site. A fortified wall that is very worn down. Cant seem to find any fresh tracks. All the grass and foliage seems to be dead in the mine entrance area. We go into the mine, we pick the center shaft to go in. Very dark inside.
As we are searching through the mine we see a large crystal object. We begin to move towards it very cautiously and we are ambushed by some type of corrupted panthers. The panthers attack from stealth and give me a wound but we make quick work of them. Then we notice the Crystal Shard that is attacking us with Mind Daggers. THis is a much harder opponent. We are able to shatter the crystal shard, but after it almost killed me.
We find some foot prints, big foot prints, like Pgre sized. Might be more corrupted Oger in the area. We will suggest another expedition to the GMC to check the lower levels of the mine and clear out the Ogers from the area.
We return to Throal.

bronzemountain

The Journal of Dvarim Bolg, Journeyman Weaponsmith of Throal

Post by bronzemountain » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:24 am

Horrors are Horrible
Or, Even Rocks Cannot be Trusted

What does one do when even the earth itself is corrupted? This is the question that William, Dubhan, Xeviouz, Zil, and I faced when we set out to do some work for the Great Wheel Mining Company. They had identified a potential derelict orichalcum mine at the confluence of three great rivers - the Mothingale, the Opthia, and the northern reach of the Serpent River (Hex: 34.07). Zil said he had a vision of the place, given to him as a dream by Garlen, in which he saw some great corruption obscure the mine from the Hearth Passion's sight. He was eager to investigate.

We took the road to Sosanopa, and there rented a boat to paddle upriver. As journeys go, it was a pleasant one, with the late summer sun and the cool waters offering a pleasant contrast.

Upon arriving, we found the spur of land at the confluence to be swampy and verdant. Our journey was interrupted by some sort of swamp ogre, as well as two absolutely massive pachyderms. They were as big as houses, and as you well know, Throal builds big. They were easily twice the size of the so-called 'elephants' we had faced much earlier in my career.

It was a tough battle, but we persevered. Of note, the ogre disgorged some sort of noxious vapors from its disfigured throat, which sent Zil into paroxysms of nausea. And the massive pachyderms charged back and forth across the field, catching us in their four prodigious tusks and hurling us through the air.

Having finally vanquished those, we collected quite a haul of ivory and mastrolith meat and continued on to the mine itself. Here, we found the land around the mine entrance blasted and blighted - sure sign that something was wrong.

Venturing inside, we found a massive crystalline growth, luminous though it did not shed any light. It was quite beautiful, actually. However, as we gazed upon it, two great black hunting cats flanked us. Soon, we were fighting the cats, and not just those - but the crystal formation itself! Whatever accursed astral entity has occupied that crystal used its magics to grow crystal from our bones, and to assault our minds. It could not move, but its magical power was formidable.

Fortunately, we are all well experienced Adepts now, Journeymen proper, and we were victorious. The Great Wheel Mining Company has begun work to re-activate the mine and we were rewarded with glistening lumps of orichalcum for our efforts. The first orichalcum that I have personally ever handled - how wondrous!