[ECL8] Temur, Ork Vanguard (Revised Spirit Rider + War Rider)

Moderator:etherial

bronzemountain
[ECL8] Temur, Ork Vanguard (Revised Spirit Rider + War Rider)

Post by bronzemountain » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:25 pm

Discord ID: bronzemountain#8007
Roll20 Name: Ashwath

Character Name: Temur Tengerkhan (He/Him or They/Them)
Race: Ork
ECL 8

Lifetime Legend: 133,390
Unspent Legend: 390
Thread Item Points: 14 / 82
Silver: 1,319.9

Join Adventure Template
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] [url="http://www.fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1674#p12258"]Temur Tengerkhan[/url]
[b]Circle:[/b] 7/4 (ECL 8)
[b]Discipline:[/b] Spirit Rider / War Rider
[b]Quote/Unique:[/b] [i]"Those are good thoughts for thinking."[/i]
[b]Notable Abilities:[/b] I ride an imaginary horse.  I do the tracking and the survival and sometimes navigation.
[b]Downtime:[/b] Wine, women, dancing.
[b]Last Played:[/b] 2020-10-15
Record Advancement Template:
Spoiler:

[b][u]Adventure Name[/u][/b]
[url="http://www.fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1673&p=12377#p12371"]AAR[/url]

[b][i]Rewards:[/i][/b]
[b]TIPs[/b] 3
[b]Legend points[/b] 19,000
[b]Silver[/b] 900

[b][i]Items used:[/i][/b]
N/A

[b][url="http://www.fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1673&p=12377#p12371"]Journal[/url][/b]

[b][i]Downtime:[/i][/b]
[b]Week One:[/b]

[b][i]Legend Spent:[/i][/b]

[b][i]Purchases in the Grand Bazaar:[/i][/b]
N/A
Characteristics

DEX:   16/7     PER:   13/6     PD:   13    INIT:   5     Wound:  9      Karma Mod:   5     MOVE:    12 yds
STR:   16/7     WIL:   11/5     MD:   9     PA:     12    Uncon:  73     Karma Max:   35+6  CARRY:   235#    
TOU:   13/6     CHA:   13/6     SD:   10    MA:     4     Death:  86     Karma Step:  4
Gahad: Bullying, Slavery, Disrespect of race / clan

Discipline: Spirit Rider
Circle: 7
Discipline Bonuses: Durability 7, +2PD, +1MD, +1MA
Karma Expenditure: Attack Tests when charging, Damage Test when mounted
Spirit Senses: When the adept's spirit mount is not manifested (typically through Spirit Mount), the spirit is still aiding the adept with their otherworldly senses. For 1 Strain the adept can enhance their connection as a Free action, gaining +2 to a test which directly involves otherworldly detection, such as Anticipate Blow, Astral Sight, Danger Sense, and half-magic tests to detect spirits.

SPIRIT RIDER TALENTS:
Spoiler:

NOVICE:

First Circle Discipline: Cavalry Charge (7)
First Circle Discipline: Melee Weapons (8)
First Circle Discipline: Riding (8)
First Circle Discipline: Spirit Mount (8)
First Circle Discipline: Spirit Weaving (6)
First Circle Option: Enhance Bound Spirit (7)

Second Circle Discipline: Steel Thought (7)
Second Circle Option: Spirit Development (4)

Third Circle Discipline: Astral Sight (0)
Third Circle Option: Tiger Spring (7)

Fourth Circle Discipline: Spirit Talk (0)
Fourth Circle Option: Anticipate Blow (7)

JOURNEYMAN:

Fifth Circle Discipline: Fearsome Assault (7)
Fifth Circle Option:

Sixth Circle Discipline: Temper Flesh (7)
Sixth Circle Option:

Seventh Circle Discipline: Wheeling Attack (0)
Seventh Circle Option: Battle Cry (8)
Discipline: War Rider
Circle: 4
Discipline Bonuses: Durability 5, +1SD (redundant bonuses omitted)
Karma Expenditure: Initiative, Attack Tests vs. Surprised targets

WAR RIDER TALENTS:
Spoiler:

NOVICE:
Free Talent: Animal Bond (4)

First Circle Discipline: Awareness (4)
First Circle Discipline: Danger Sense (4)
First Circle Discipline: Missile Weapons (7)
First Circle Discipline: Mount Weaving (1)
First Circle Discipline: Riding (8)
First Circle Option: Avoid Blow (5)

Second Circle Discipline: Animal Training (0)
Second Circle Option: Tracking (4)

Third Circle Discipline: Surprise Strike (4)
Third Circle Option:

Fourth Circle Discipline: Mystic Aim (6)
Fourth Circle Option:
Talent Knacks

Riding: Nimble Rider (2), Sure Mount (3), Ride the Pony (5)
Battle Cry: Cry Havoc (6)
Spirit Mount: Severed Chains (5)

Skills
Spoiler:

Knowledge: Legends and Heroes (1)
Knowledge: Horror Lore (1)

Artisan: Dancing (2)

Read/Write: Throalic
Speak: Or'zet, Throalic

General: Navigation (3)
General: Stealthy Stride (3)
General: Climbing (1)
Equipment
Spoiler:

Adventurer’s Kit (backpack, bedroll, flint & steel, torch, waterskin, large sack)
Artisan Tools (my good dancing shoes)
Dagger (step 2)
Traveler’s Garb (soft boots, shirt, belt, robe or breeches, traveler’s cloak)
Trail Rations (1 week)

2x Kelia's Antidote
1x Salve of Closure
5x Booster Potion
1x Absorb Blow

Hide Armor (50sp, 25lbs)
Rider's Shield (20p, 8lbs)
Scythan Axe (20sp, 4lbs)
Medium Crossbow (100sp, 7lbs)
Buckler (5sp)
Thread Items

GHOST SENTINEL Ringmail (IH / Research 1+3+5; Rank 6 Thread woven; Forged +5PA 2021-04-11)
Maximum Threads: 2
Mystic Defense: 12
Legend Point Cost: Journeyman

A set of well-maintained ring mail that has clearly seen much use. There is evidence of skilled patchwork across the rings and leather backing, as well as emblem sewn to it. The armor is in perfect working order and anyone wearing it notes how comfortable it feels, almost like coming home from a long journey. This particular style of ring mail was once popular in the fallen kingdom of Landis.
The armor automatically resizes to fit the owner wearing it.
Spoiler:

Rank 1:
The armor MA 1 (Name: Ghost Sentinel)

Rank 2:
The armor is PA 7

Rank 3:
The armor gains the Ghostly Sentinel ability. For 1 Strain as a Free action, the wearer is surrounded by a shifting, spectral mist. This does not obscure the wearer in a meaningful way, but occasionally the glimpse of a human face can be seen in the mist. This gives the wearer a +1 bonus to Physical and Mystic Armor until the end of the round. This ability can be activated after Initiative is determined and actions are declared, but must be before any character’s turn begins. (The owner must learn about the first owner, including their Name, Discipline, and military unit.)

Rank 4:
The Ghostly Sentinel ability now gives the wearer a +2 bonus to Mystic Armor. The face becomes more distinct in the mist and a hand can occasionally be seen turning attacks away.

Rank 5:
While Ghostly Sentinel is active, the wearer can spend 1 Strain as a Free action to alert them of unseen danger. The wearer receives a tap on their shoulder, sending chills down their spine as though it’s touching their pattern and hears incomprehensible whispering, though the warning is clear. This makes an opponent Blindsiding the wearer no longer be Blindsiding until the end of the round. This doesn’t affect being Surprised and can be used once per round. (The owner must learn the Name of the spirit bound to the armor.)

Rank 6:
When the Ghostly Sentinel ability is active, the wearer receives chilling touches and unintelligible whispers with clear intent indicating the direction of attackers it requires an additional opponent for the wearer to be Harried.
RACES THE WIND Bracelet (IH / Research 1+3+5; Rank 6 Thread woven)

A bracelet woven from horse hair taken from the manes of all the great steeds of an ork clan. This practice represents continuity for their people and comparatively short lives, and an eternal bond with their horse allies.
Spoiler:

Thread Rank One
Key Knowledge
: The owner must learn the bracelet’s Name.
Effect: The wearer gains +1 to Social Defense.

Thread Rank Two
Effect
: The wearer gains +1 to Physical Defense.

Thread Rank Three
Key Knowledge
: The owner must learn about the clan.
Effect: The wearer gains the Races-the-Wind ability. As a Simple action for 1 Strain, the wearer’s hair appears to lengthen into a wild mane and they gain +4 to their Movement Rate until the end of the next round (this applies to their mount if they are mounted).

Thread Rank Four
Effect:
While Races-the-Wind is active, the wearer gains +2 to Attack or Damage tests if they have moved over half their Movement Rate (or their mount’s Movement Rate if mounted). The wearer must choose which test gets the bonus when Races-the-Wind is used.

Thread Rank Five
Key Knowledge
: The owner must learn the horses’ Names.
Effect: The owner may store Karma Points up to the thread rank in the bracelet. The wearer may transfer Karma Points between their Karma pool and the bracelet as a Standard action, and may spend Karma from the bracelet as if it were in their Karma pool.

Thread Rank Six
Effect
: While Races-the-Wind is active, the wearer can spend a Karma Point on any Action test against an opponent if they moved over half their Movement Rate (or their mount’s Movement Rate if mounted). This can be used once per round.
MOONLIGHT TOCCATA Warbow (IH / Research 1+3+5; Rank 6 Thread woven; Forged +5 2021-04-11)

This ash bow is carved with silvery runes and wrapped with tattered blue and silver ribbons. Whenever an arrow is nocked, a soft, cold light can be seen just behind the arrowhead from all angles—nothing to reveal it, but an eerie glow to those nearby. Each attack with the bow plays a single, clear note with vibrato as the arrow is loosed, followed by a second note as it strikes, forming a coda to the attack.
Spoiler:

Thread Rank One
Key Knowledge:
Effect: The bow is Damage Step 6. A glyph appears on the arrowhead as the arrow is nocked. It disappears if the arrow goes unfired, but is permanent if fired.

Thread Rank Two
Effect: True air infuses the wielder’s actions, allowing them to ready or stow the bow as a Simple action.

Thread Rank Three
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn about the glyphs on the arrows.
Effect: The wielder gains the Moonlit Toccata ability. As a Simple action for 1 Strain, the glow around the arrow intensifies, surrounding it and streaming back toward the wielder. The wielder gains +2 to their Attack tests with the bow until the end of the round.

Thread Rank Four
Effect: When Moonlit Toccata is active, the runes along the bow glow with a cool, soft light. The wielder can also spend 1 Strain when activated to gain +2 to the associated Damage tests.

Thread Rank Five
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn about the runes and what they represent.
Deed: The owner must have a thread tied to Moonlit Crescendo.
Effect: When Moonlit Toccata is active, the wielder can spend an additional Karma Point on the Attack test. Doing so causes an additional note to be played, creating a distinctive leitmotif.

Thread Rank Six
Effect: When Moonlit Toccata is used, each attack builds an aria with mounting intensity. A successful associated Attack test adds one “count.” For 1 Strain, the wielder gains an additional +1 to Attack tests with the bow while using Moonlit Toccata per count. If the wielder misses, the count is reduced to 0.
MOONLIGHT CRESCENDO Lance (IH/Research 1+3+5, Rank 6 Thread woven, Forged +5 2021-04-11)

This long, graceful lance has a haft carved with silvery runes and topped with a delicate looking silver blade. The blade has a glyph on each side and a cold, soft light just behind it from all angles—nothing to reveal it, but an eerie glow to those nearby. Just below the blade is a tattered blue pennant with a silver crescent moon and five stars arranged irregularly within the crescent. Each attack with the lance plays a single, clear note.
Spoiler:

Thread Rank One
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn the lance’s Name.
Effect: The lance is Damage Step 7.

Thread Rank Two
Effect: True air infuses the wielder’s actions, allowing them to ready or stow the lance as a Simple action.

Thread Rank Three
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn about the glyphs on the blade.
Effect: The wielder gains the Moonlit Crescendo ability. As a Simple action for 1 Strain, the glow around the blade intensifies, surrounding it and streaming back toward the wielder. The wielder gains +3 to their next Attack test with a Charge attack using the lance by the end of the round.

Thread Rank Four
Effect: When Moonlit Crescendo is active, the runes along the haft glow with a cool, soft light. The wielder can also spend 1 Strain when activated to gain +3 to the associated Damage test.

Thread Rank Five
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn about the pennant and what it represents.
Deed: The owner must have a thread tied to Moonlit Toccata.
Effect: When Moonlit Crescendo is active, a series of notes echo as a soft aria while the wielder charges. The wielder gains a +1 Step bonus to Karma Points spent on the associated Attack and Damage test.

Thread Rank Six
Effect: When Moonlit Crescendo is used, the aria builds to the moment of impact. For 1 Strain, the wielder reduces the “count” from Moonlit Toccata to 0. For each count, the wielder can spend an additional Karma Point on the associated Attack or Damage test. If the attack misses, any “count” allocated for the Damage test is lost, though the Karma Points are not spent.
Animal Companions:
Spirit Companion: Tulany Egch, Bonded Strength 6 Spirit Mount (Enhance Bonded Spirit +1 circle)
Batu, Awestruck Sworn Companion, War Dog + Batu's mate (female war dog)
Awestruck Dire Wolf
Pet Stone Lion

The Song of the Immortal Sky: Brief Backstory:
What is a horse clan without its horses? The Orks of the Monkhiin-Tenger clan have been grateful for the centuries of protection Throal has provided. But to not have the open sky to ride across has been a hardship. They have adapted by creating highly involved, costumed Horse Dances to entertain and remind both themselves and the other peoples of the Kaer. But now there is truly occasion to celebrate, for the first Stormrunner (Spirit Rider) in a generation has been born to them. Temur Tengerkhan has bound his Pattern to his great-grandmother's legendary horse, Ayanga, who died long ago and now runs the sky and guards the clan.

The doors are open and the sky awaits and Temur is eager to help his clan, and others, roam the recovered lands.

Old Character Sheet
Spoiler:
Roll20 Name: Dvarim/Temur
Discord ID: bronzemountain

Character Name: Temur Tengerkhan (He/Him or They/Them)
ECL: 8

Lifetime Legend Total: 133,390
Unspent Legend: 490
Thread Item Points: 14/82
Silver: 1,269.7

Join Adventure Template
Spoiler:

[b]Name:[/b] [url="http://www.fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1674#p12258"]Temur Tengerkhan[/url]
[b]Circle:[/b] 7/5 (ECL 8)
[b]Discipline:[/b] Spirit Rider / War Rider
[b]Quote/Unique:[/b] [i]"Those are good thoughts for thinking."[/i]
[b]Notable Abilities:[/b] I ride an imaginary horse.  I do the tracking and the survival and sometimes navigation.
[b]Downtime:[/b] Wine, women, dancing.
[b]Last Played:[/b] 2020-10-15
Record Advancement Template:
Spoiler:

[b][u]A Kindness in Kind[/u][/b]
[url="http://www.fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1673&p=12377#p12371"]AAR[/url]

[b][i]Rewards:[/i][/b]
[b]TIPs[/b] 3
[b]Legend points[/b] 19,000
[b]Silver[/b] 900

[b][i]Items used:[/i][/b]
N/A

[b][url="http://www.fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1673&p=12377#p12371"]Journal[/url][/b]

[b][i]Downtime:[/i][/b]
Train Circle 1->2 (200sp)

[b][i]Legend Spent:[/i][/b]
Raise Maneuver 1->2 (200lp)
Raise Trick Riding 0->2 (300lp)
Raise Awareness 0->2 (300lp)

[b][i]Purchases in the Grand Bazaar:[/i][/b]
N/A
Characteristics

Dex: 16/7
Str: 19/8
Tou: 13/6
Per: 13/6
Wil: 10/5
Cha: 9/4

Karma Mod: 5
Karma Step: 4/d6
Karma Max: 30 + 6

Uncon: 66 (2 blood magic)
Death: 78 (2 blood magic)
Wound Threshold: 9
Recovery tests per day: 3 (Step 6)

Init: 4 (7 - 1 (shield) - 2 (armor))
PD: 14 (9 +2 (shield) +2 6th Circle Spirit Rider + 1 Race the Wind)
PA: 12 (Ghost Sentinel)
MD: 8
MA: 3 (2 + 1 Ghost Sentinel)
SD: 7 (6 + 1 Race the Wind)

Movement: 12
Carrying Capacity: 235

Circle: 7
Discipline Abilities: +1 PD, spend Karma on attack tests when Charging, +1 MD, spend karma on damage tests while mounted, +2 PD, +1 MA
Durability: 7
Half-Magic: Spirit Riders use half-magic for knowledge of different kinds of mounts used by Namegiver races and knowledge of significant cavalry units in Barsaive. A Spirit Rider also uses half-magic to sense the presence of spirits within 30 yards of her location by using Perception-based half-magic against the spirit's Mystic Defense. If the test succeeds, the Spirit Rider can sense the presence of the spirit and use talents, such as Spirit Talk, to communicate and interact with the spirit. The gamemaster may choose to make this half-magic test on behalf of the Spirit Rider at any time, as this innate sense is always active.
Note: The adept's spirit mount is a bonded spirit using Spirit Mount as the bonding talent.

Spirit Senses: When the adept's spirit mount is not manifested (typically through Spirit Mount), the spirit is still aiding the adept with their otherworldly senses. For 1 Strain the adept can enhance their connection as a Free action, gaining +2 to a test which directly involves otherworldly detection, such as Anticipate Blow, Astral Sight, Danger Sense, and half-magic tests to detect spirits.

Spirit Rider Talents
Spoiler:
First Circle Discipline Talent: Melee Weapons (8)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Charge (7)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Spirit Mount (8)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Trick Riding (8)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Spirit Weaving (6)

First Circle Talent Option: Maneuver (7)

Second Circle Discipline Talent: Steel Thought (2)
Second Circle Talent Option: Anticipate Blow (7)

Third Circle Talent Option: Tiger Spring (7)

Fourth Circle Discipline Talent: Spirit Talk (2)
Fourth Circle Talent Option: Sure Mount (8)

Fifth Circle Discipline Talent: Enhance Bound Spirit (7)

Sixth Circle Discipline Talent: Wheeling Attack (7)

Seventh Circle Discipline Talent: Wheeling Defense (7)
Discipline: War Rider
Circle: 5
Discipline Abilities: Spend Karma on Initiative, Spend Karma on attacks vs. Surprised targets, +1 SD, Spend Karma on Ranged Damage Tests, 1 Strain for +4 Mount movement speed
Durability: 5

War Rider Talents
Spoiler:
Free Talent: Animal Bond (5)

First Circle Discipline Talent: Awareness (5)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Danger Sense (5)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Missile Weapons (6)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Mount Weaving (1)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Trick Riding (8)
First Circle Talent Option: Tracking (5)

Second Circle Talent Option: Wilderness Survival (5)

Third Circle Discipline Talent: Surprise Strike (6)

Fourth Circle Discipline Talent: Mystic Aim (6)
Other Talents
Gahad: Disrespect of race/clan, Bullying (powerful enemy vs. weak victim), Slavery
Never triggered: Insulting him personally

Talent Knacks
N/A

Skills

Knowledge Skill: Legends and Heroes (1)
Knowledge Skill: Horror Lore (1)

Read/Write Language: (1) Dwarf/Throalic
Speak Language: (2) Ork, Dwarf/Throalic

Artisan Skill: Dancing (2)

General Skill: Navigation (3), Stealthy Stride (3), Climbing (1)

Equipment:
Adventurer’s Kit (backpack, bedroll, flint & steel, torch, waterskin, large sack)
Dagger (step 2)
Trail Rations (1 week)

2x Kelia's Antidote
1x Salve of Closure
5x Booster Potion
1x Absorb Blow

Hide Armor (50sp, 25lbs)
Scythan Axe (20sp, 4lbs)
Medium Crossbow (100sp, 7lbs)
Buckler (5sp)

Threads Items
Ghost Sentinel: Ringmail (All history/research done, Rank 6 Thread woven) (Forged +5PA/2020-07-01)
Spoiler:
A set of well-maintained ring mail that has clearly seen much use. There is evidence of skilled patchwork across the rings and leather backing, as well as emblem sewn to it. The armor is in perfect working order and anyone wearing it notes how comfortable it feels, almost like coming home from a long journey. This particular style of ring mail was once popular in the fallen kingdom of Landis.
The armor automatically resizes to fit the owner wearing it.

Rank 1: The armor MA 1 (Name: Ghost Sentinel)
Rank 2: The armor is PA 7
Rank 3: The armor gains the Ghostly Sentinel ability. For 1 Strain as a Free action, the wearer is surrounded by a shifting, spectral mist. This does not obscure the wearer in a meaningful way, but occasionally the glimpse of a human face can be seen in the mist. This gives the wearer a +1 bonus to Physical and Mystic Armor until the end of the round. This ability can be activated after Initiative is determined and actions are declared, but must be before any character’s turn begins. (The owner must learn about the first owner, including their Name, Discipline, and military unit.)
Rank 4: The Ghostly Sentinel ability now gives the wearer a +2 bonus to Mystic Armor. The face becomes more distinct in the mist and a hand can occasionally be seen turning attacks away.
Rank 5: While Ghostly Sentinel is active, the wearer can spend 1 Strain as a Free action to alert them of unseen danger. The wearer receives a tap on their shoulder, sending chills down their spine as though it’s touching their pattern and hears incomprehensible whispering, though the warning is clear. This makes an opponent Blindsiding the wearer no longer be Blindsiding until the end of the round. This doesn’t affect being Surprised and can be used once per round. (The owner must learn the Name of the spirit bound to the armor.)
Rank 6: "When the Ghostly Sentinel ability is active, the wearer receives chilling touches and unintelligible whispers with clear intent indicating the direction of attackers it requires an additional opponent for the wearer to be Harried.
Races the Wind: Bracelet (Fully researched, rank 6 thread woven)
Spoiler:

A bracelet woven from horse hair taken from the manes of all the great steeds of an ork clan. This practice represents continuity for their people and comparatively short lives, and an eternal bond with their horse allies.

Thread Rank One
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn the bracelet’s Name.
Effect: The wearer gains +1 to Social Defense.

Thread Rank Two
Effect: The wearer gains +1 to Physical Defense.

Thread Rank Three
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn about the clan.
Effect: The wearer gains the Races-the-Wind ability. As a Simple action for 1 Strain, the wearer’s hair appears to lengthen into a wild mane and they gain +4 to their Movement Rate until the end of the next round (this applies to their mount if they are mounted).

Thread Rank Four
Effect: While Races-the-Wind is active, the wearer gains +2 to Attack or Damage tests if they have moved over half their Movement Rate (or their mount’s Movement Rate if mounted). The wearer must choose which test gets the bonus when Races-the-Wind is used.

Thread Rank Five
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn the horses’ Names.
Effect: The owner may store Karma Points up to the thread rank in the bracelet. The wearer may transfer Karma Points between their Karma pool and the bracelet as a Standard action, and may spend Karma from the bracelet as if it were in their Karma pool.

Thread Rank Six
Effect: While Races-the-Wind is active, the wearer can spend a Karma Point on any Action test against an opponent if they moved over half their Movement Rate (or their mount’s Movement Rate if mounted). This can be used once per round.
Moonlight Toccata: Warbow (Full IH/Research, Rank 6 Thread woven, Forged +3 2020-08-11)
Spoiler:

This ash bow is carved with silvery runes and wrapped with tattered blue and silver ribbons. Whenever an arrow is nocked, a soft, cold light can be seen just behind the arrowhead from all angles—nothing to reveal it, but an eerie glow to those nearby. Each attack with the bow plays a single, clear note with vibrato as the arrow is loosed, followed by a second note as it strikes, forming a coda to the attack.

Thread Rank One
Key Knowledge:
Effect: The bow is Damage Step 6. A glyph appears on the arrowhead as the arrow is nocked. It disappears if the arrow goes unfired, but is permanent if fired.

Thread Rank Two
Effect: True air infuses the wielder’s actions, allowing them to ready or stow the bow as a Simple action.

Thread Rank Three
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn about the glyphs on the arrows.
Effect: The wielder gains the Moonlit Toccata ability. As a Simple action for 1 Strain, the glow around the arrow intensifies, surrounding it and streaming back toward the wielder. The wielder gains +2 to their Attack tests with the bow until the end of the round.

Thread Rank Four
Effect: When Moonlit Toccata is active, the runes along the bow glow with a cool, soft light. The wielder can also spend 1 Strain when activated to gain +2 to the associated Damage tests.

Thread Rank Five
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn about the runes and what they represent.
Deed: The owner must have a thread tied to Moonlit Crescendo.
Effect: When Moonlit Toccata is active, the wielder can spend an additional Karma Point on the Attack test. Doing so causes an additional note to be played, creating a distinctive leitmotif.

Thread Rank Six
Effect: When Moonlit Toccata is used, each attack builds an aria with mounting intensity. A successful associated Attack test adds one “count.” For 1 Strain, the wielder gains an additional +1 to Attack tests with the bow while using Moonlit Toccata per count. If the wielder misses, the count is reduced to 0.
Moonlight Crescendo: Lance (Full IH/Research, Rank 6 Thread woven, Forged +3 2020-08-11)
Spoiler:

This long, graceful lance has a haft carved with silvery runes and topped with a delicate looking silver blade. The blade has a glyph on each side and a cold, soft light just behind it from all angles—nothing to reveal it, but an eerie glow to those nearby. Just below the blade is a tattered blue pennant with a silver crescent moon and five stars arranged irregularly within the crescent. Each attack with the lance plays a single, clear note.

Thread Rank One
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn the lance’s Name.
Effect: The lance is Damage Step 7.

Thread Rank Two
Effect: True air infuses the wielder’s actions, allowing them to ready or stow the lance as a Simple action.

Thread Rank Three
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn about the glyphs on the blade.
Effect: The wielder gains the Moonlit Crescendo ability. As a Simple action for 1 Strain, the glow around the blade intensifies, surrounding it and streaming back toward the wielder. The wielder gains +3 to their next Attack test with a Charge attack using the lance by the end of the round.

Thread Rank Four
Effect: When Moonlit Crescendo is active, the runes along the haft glow with a cool, soft light. The wielder can also spend 1 Strain when activated to gain +3 to the associated Damage test.

Thread Rank Five
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn about the pennant and what it represents.
Deed: The owner must have a thread tied to Moonlit Toccata.
Effect: When Moonlit Crescendo is active, a series of notes echo as a soft aria while the wielder charges. The wielder gains a +1 Step bonus to Karma Points spent on the associated Attack and Damage test.

Thread Rank Six
Effect: When Moonlit Crescendo is used, the aria builds to the moment of impact. For 1 Strain, the wielder reduces the “count” from Moonlit Toccata to 0. For each count, the wielder can spend an additional Karma Point on the associated Attack or Damage test. If the attack misses, any “count” allocated for the Damage test is lost, though the Karma Points are not spent.
Animal Companions:
Spirit Companion: Tulany Egch, Bonded Strength 6 Spirit Mount (Enhance Bonded Spirit +1 circle)
Batu, Awestruck Sworn Companion, War Dog + Batu's mate (female war dog)
Spoiler:
These dogs are a rare breed, as they need careful training. Bred for aggression, the animals are trained for war and attack to kill on command. Often outfitted with armor to protect them in combat, they are fierce and bred for war.

Challenge: Novice (Second Circle)
DEX: 5 Initiative: 7 Unconsciousness: 28
STR: 6 Physical Defense: 9 Death Rating: 34
TOU: 6 Mystic Defense: 8 Wound Threshold: 9
PER: 5 Social Defense: 8 Knockdown: 10
WIL: 4 Physical Armor: 5 Recovery Tests: 2
CHA: 4 Mystic Armor: 2
Movement: 14
Actions: 1; Bite 11 (12)
Powers:
Enhanced Sense [Hearing] (2)
Enhanced Sense [Smell] (2): Tracking
Tracking (6): As the skill, Player’s Guide, p. 175.
Awestruck Dire Wolf
Pet Stone Lion

The Song of the Immortal Sky: Brief Backstory:
What is a horse clan without its horses? The Orks of the Monkhiin-Tenger clan have been grateful for the centuries of protection Throal has provided. But to not have the open sky to ride across has been a hardship. They have adapted by creating highly involved, costumed Horse Dances to entertain and remind both themselves and the other peoples of the Kaer. But now there is truly occasion to celebrate, for the first Stormrunner (Spirit Rider) in a generation has been born to them. Temur Tengerkhan has bound his Pattern to his great-grandmother's legendary horse, Ayanga, who died long ago and now runs the sky and guards the clan.

The doors are open and the sky awaits and Temur is eager to help his clan, and others, roam the recovered lands.
Last edited by bronzemountain on Tue May 04, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 103 times in total.

ottdmk

Re: Temur, Ork Spirit Rider [SECONDARY]

Post by ottdmk » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:29 pm

Sanctioned!
Spoiler:
bronzemountain wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:25 pm
Roll20 Name: Ashwath
Discord ID: bronzemountain

Character Name: Temur Tengerkhan
This is a secondary character.

Lifetime Legend Total: 0
Unspent Legend: 0
Thread Item Points: 0
Silver: 10

Circle: 1
Discipline Abilities:
Durability: 7
Half-Magic: Spirit Riders use half-magic for knowledge of different kinds of mounts used by Namegiver races and knowledge of significant cavalry units in Barsaive. A Spirit Rider also uses half-magic to sense the presence of spirits within 30 yards of her location by using Perception-based half-magic against the spirit's Mystic Defense. If the test succeeds, the Spirit Rider can sense the presence of the spirit and use talents, such as Spirit Talk, to communicate and interact with the spirit. The gamemaster may choose to make this half-magic test on behalf of the Spirit Rider at any time, as this innate sense is always active.
Note: The adept's spirit mount is a bonded spirit using Spirit Mount as the bonding talent.

Characteristics

Dex: 16/7
Str: 19/8
Tou: 13/6
Per: 13/6
Wil: 10/5
Cha: 9/4

Karma Mod: 5
Karma Step: 4/d6
Karma Max: 5

Uncon: 33
Death: 40
Wound Threshold: 9
Recovery tests per day: 3 (Step 6)

Init: 5 (7 - 1 (shield) - 1 (armor))
PD: 11 (9 +2 (shield))
PA: 5 (Hide Armor)
MD: 8
MA: 3 (2 + 1 Hide Armor)
SD: 6

Movement: 12
Carrying Capacity: 235

Spirit Rider Talents

First Circle Discipline Talent: Melee Weapons (3)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Charge (2)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Spirit Mount (2)

First Circle Talent Option: Maneuver (1)

Other Talents
Gahad: Disrespect of race/clan, Facing someone/thing more powerful
Never triggered: Insulting him personally

Talent Knacks
N/A

Skills

Knowledge Skill: Legends and Heroes (1)
Knowledge Skill: Horror Lore (1)

Read/Write Language: (1) Dwarf/Throalic
Speak Language: (2) Ork, Dwarf/Throalic

Artisan Skill: Dancing (2)

General Skill: Missile Weapons (3), Stealthy Stride (3), Climbing (1)

Equipment:

Dagger (step 2)
Trail Rations (1 week)

Hide Armor (50sp, 25lbs)
Scythan Axe (20sp, 4lbs)

Threads Tied:

Animal Companions:
Spirit Companion: Ayanga, Bonded Spirit Mount

Brief Backstory:

bronzemountain

A Kindness in Kind [2M]

Post by bronzemountain » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:31 am

A Kindness in Kind
AAR

Rewards:
TIPs 3
Legend points 840 (includes journal bonus)
Silver 250 (includes journal bonus)

Items used:
N/A

Are you going to write a Journal?
Journal

Downtime:
Train Circle 1->2 (200sp)

Legend Spent:
Raise Maneuver 1->2 (200lp)
Raise Trick Riding 0->2 (300lp)
Raise Awareness 0->2 (300lp)

Purchases in the Grand Bazaar:
N/A

bronzemountain

GM: Bamor Beachhead

Post by bronzemountain » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:57 am

GM: Bamor Beachhead
AAR

Rewards:
TIPs 3
Legend points 800
Silver 200
Items used:
N/A

I was the GM

Downtime:

Legend Spent:
Trick Riding 2->3 (300lp)
Maneuver 2->3 (300lp

N/A

bronzemountain

The Spice Must Flow

Post by bronzemountain » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:26 am

The Spice Must Flow
AAR

Rewards:
TIPs 3
Legend points 1440 (includes journal bonus)
Silver 343.8 (includes journal bonus)

Items used:
N/A

Journal

Downtime:
Spirit Rider Circle 2->3 (1 week)

Legend Spent:
Charge 2->3 (300lp)
Spirit Mount 2->3 (300lp)
Awareness 2->3 (300lp)
Danger Sense 0->3 (600lp)

N/A

bronzemountain

GM: Search for Gannagroth

Post by bronzemountain » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:25 am

GM: Search for Gannagroth
AAR

Rewards:
TIPs 3
Legend points 1400
Silver 275

Items used:
N/A

N/A

Downtime:

Legend Spent:
Raise Maneuver 3->4 (500lp)
Raise Trick Riding 3->4 (500lp
Raise Melee Weapons 3->4 (500lp)

Medium Crossbow (100sp)
Last edited by bronzemountain on Sun May 31, 2020 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bronzemountain

Rituals of Engagement [3H]

Post by bronzemountain » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:49 am

Rituals of Engagement
AAR

Rewards:
TIPs 5
Legend points 2100 (includes journal bonus)
Silver 516.3 (includes journal bonus)

Items used:
Physician Kit refill (2/3)

Journal

Downtime:
War Rider Circle 0->1 (2 weeks: Missile Weapons, Mount Weaving)

Legend Spent:
Raise Awareness 3->4 (500lp)
Raise Danger Sense 3->4 (500lp)
Raise Missile Weapons 0->1 (500lp)
Raise Mount Weaving 0->1 (500lp)
Raise Tiger Spring 0->1 (100lp)

Missile Weapons & Mount Weaving training (600sp)
Physician Kit refill (25sp)

bronzemountain

Laying a Foundation

Post by bronzemountain » Fri May 01, 2020 5:17 am

Laying a Foundation
AAR

Rewards:
TIPs 3
Legend points 2310 (includes journal bonus)
Silver 468.8 (includes journal bonus)

Items used:
Physician's Kit Refill (1 use)

Journal

Downtime:
Train Spirit Rider 3->4 (1 week)

Legend Spent:
Raise Missile Weapons 1->2 (300lp)
Raise Tiger Spring 1->4 (1000lp)
Raise Charge 3->4 (500lp)
Raise Spirit Mount 3->4 (500lp)

Spirit Rider Training (500sp)
Physician's Kit Refill (25sp)
Last edited by bronzemountain on Sun May 31, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bronzemountain

GM: Vengeance for Bamor

Post by bronzemountain » Fri May 08, 2020 1:22 pm

GM: Vengeance for Bamor
AAR

Rewards:
TIPs 3
Legend points 2200
Silver 375

Downtime:

Legend Spent:
Raise Missile Weapons 2->3 (500lp)
Raise Tracking 0->3 (1000lp)
Raise Wilderness Survival 0->2 (500lp)

Last edited by bronzemountain on Sun May 31, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bronzemountain

The Seventh Child

Post by bronzemountain » Wed May 13, 2020 3:05 am

The Seventh Child
AAR

Rewards:
TIPs 3
Legend points 2310 (includes journal bonus)
Silver 381.3 (includes journal bonus)
Thread Item: Ringmail

Items used:
N/A

Journal

Downtime:
Item History: Ringmail (1 day each; week 1 & week 2)
Research: Ringmail (1 week)
War Rider 2->3 (1 week)

Legend Spent:
Wilderness Survival 2->3 (500lp)
Ghostly Sentinel (Thread) 0->2 (500lp)
Melee Weapons 4->5 (800lp)
Charge 4->5 (800lp)

Item History: Ringmail (2 key knowledges) (300sp)
Research: Ringmail (1 key knowledge, w/ Karl doing Research) (75sp)
War Rider 2->3 (300sp)
Last edited by bronzemountain on Sun May 31, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.