AAR: [3] The Dinner Club (2020-03-22@18:00GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

bronzemountain
AAR: [3] The Dinner Club (2020-03-22@18:00GMT)

Post by bronzemountain » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:20 pm

LFG: The Dinner Club
Time: 2020-03-22@18:00 GMT [14:00 EDT]
GM: bronzemountain/Dvarim
Circle: 3 (for up to 5 players)
Difficulty: Medium

Rumor: Aedgar Brumm, a member of one of Throal's minor aristocratic families, seeks discrete assistance procuring unusual culinary ingredients. Please inquire at Inspry's Boarding House, #14 Velspren Way, 5th Tunnel, 2nd Level, Throal.

Please post your character as follows:

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]ECR:[/b] 
[b]Discipline:[/b]
[b]Quote/Unique:[/b] 
[b]Notable Abilities:[/b]
[b]Downtime:[/b]
OPTIONS: Looks like we're set at Circle 3, Sunday (2pm EDT). See you then!
Last edited by bronzemountain on Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Waijhou

Re: LFG: [2-3] The Dinner Club (2020-03-22@18:00GMT)

Post by Waijhou » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:43 pm

Name: Xeviouz
ECR: 3
Discipline: Warrior
Quote/Unique: Lets do this
Notable Abilities: Sword and Board
Downtime: ---

I can make either day, Sat or Sun.

Alari

Post by Alari » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:44 pm

Name: Alari
ECR: 2
Discipline: Swordmaster
Quote/Unique: There is nothing to fear when I am here!
Notable Abilities: Combat, A little bit of creature lore.
Downtime: Nada

Shokunin

Post by Shokunin » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:34 pm

Name: Vlolkir
ECR: 3
Discipline: Skyraider
Quote/Unique: has enough silver to buy a death-cheat
Notable Abilities: melee weapons talent at 4th circle
Downtime: N/A

nathaniel

Post by nathaniel » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:10 pm

Name: Jael
ECR/Circle: 4
Discipline: Beastmaster
Notable Abilities: Pets, Punching and Grapples
Downtime: Animal Training Step 13 (Rank 3)
Note: I be on time :)
Last edited by nathaniel on Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Montaugh

Post by Montaugh » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:26 am

Name: William Carver
ECR: 4 (9205 LP)
Race: Human
Discipline: Scout 3, Thief 2
Quote/Unique: I'll get you there and back again.
Notable Abilities:
Roles: Security, Quartermaster, Pathfinder All talented. Usually is pathfinder.
Talented: Locks/trap, Stealth/Scouting, Ranged and Melee combat, map making.
Skilled: Alchemy, animal handling, swimming.
Versatile: Forging, Animal Bonding.
Items: Pure Water Pot (cast the Purify Water spell, p. 190, with a Spellcasting and Effect Step of 8/2D6 on any liquid placed in them). Multiple weapons people can borrow.
Mounted: Huttawa named Charlie
Downtime: Forge Weapon (2) Step 8

Shokunin

Re: LFG: [3] The Dinner Club (2020-03-22@18:00GMT)

Post by Shokunin » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:55 pm

From a roughly bound stack of loose paper titled 'Vlolkir'

Rich Dwarf Brumm wants to have strange food for a feast. I do not know why he wants this food, but he is a rich man, who says he has a title from the kingdom. These people do strange things. He says he will pay, so that is enough for me. I need to have enough to pay a trainer, I can feel myself close to entering the fourth circle. The wide world calls me, I feel soon I will reach a milestone.

I leave Throal with Carver, Xeviouz, Jael, Alari. We travel to grounds where rabbit things breed, Preces. We walk around but do not find any, they are hiding I think. Well, they come out of hiding, and hit hard. They are fast and have spines, give poison to some of the others. Hard to spot and vicious. They are covered in shadow. We strike hard and bring them down. But more come from behind a rock, one sticks Carver good. We kill the rest and I give Carver a boost potion so he does not die. Xeviouz is wounded much. We stay for two days at a nearby farm and I help haul their animals in exchange for salt. We salt the preces well, I help Carver with this. I know much of survival now.

We leave the farm and travel to the coil river. The river is wide and deep and there are T'skrang fishing. They have a camp nearby. They tell us the river is dangerous, they tell us one of their party was eaten by something in the river. They do not know what. They tell us to be careful, but to risk our lives not too dangrously. T'skrang speak strangely. We have a dead fish to use as bait, and Alari casts it into the river. We all grab on to Alari. Something in the river grabs onto the fish. It pulls hard, Jael falls, Alari goes into the river and is floating, I go into the river and it comes to my belt. Alari swims back and leaves me. Jub jubs come to us, one jumps towards them on the shore, a big big one comes and tries to take me under the water, I dodge. They kill one on the shore, I go back to the shore and help kill another one. The big big one jumps on to shore, it knocks Alari down, bites him, poisons him. We surround and kill it. Alari freezes like a statue. We butcher the jub jub. We get salt for free from T'skrang Niall for avenging their fallen.

We go to Servos jungle, need to find fruit. We find trees full of fruit. Also apes, apes throw fruit at us. I am glad to have a chance to fight apes again, it was fun when I went to the forest before. These apes are covered in metal though, like armor. They do not bleed easy. We pick up fruit they throw, and they come towards us. As they rush we make a line and surround as they come. I am hit badly, their claws are strong. I step away and go join Jael, the one that is fighting him takes my mace well and is injured as badly as I was. We fight hard but apes are killed. We pick up fruits, Alari drinks bad water, we return to Throal.

The strange dwarf Brumm thanks us for food, gives us gold, Alari tries to get invited to feast. I do not think it worked.

Waijhou

Post by Waijhou » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:58 pm

LFG: [3] The Dinner Club (2020-03-22@18:00GMT)
From the journal of Xeviouz, Human Warrior

Rumor: Aedgar Brumm, a member of one of Throal's minor aristocratic families, seeks discrete assistance procuring unusual culinary ingredients. Please inquire at Inspry's Boarding House, #14 Velspren Way, 5th Tunnel, 2nd Level, Throal.

Myself, Jael the Elven Beastmaster, William Carver the Human Scout, Alari the T;skrang Weapon Smith and Volkir the Troll SkyRaider, meet at Inspry’s Boarding House to meet with Aedgar Brumm about his needs. Aedgar stresses the need for discretion. Boarding House is in a semi nice area. THere is a female Orc bouncer at the door. She gives us the once over and opens the door for us. We go inside and meet with Aedgar. Aedgar represents an exclusive club that meets once a month and the next meeting requires unusual culinary ingredients. He wants us to find vegetation of meat that has been infused with other forces. Not horror tainted, but evolved things. Creatures with venom are a plus. Something new and unusual.

We go out and try to find rumor of unusual creatures.
A’lari talks to some people in an inn, they tell him about some lions that have electricity on them at grid 47.11.
William Carver goes to a market and listens to the chatter. SOme people are talking about mating season of pressies. 41.11
Jael is talking to other beast masters to get a lead. He hears about ice fliers in the 43.07 grid. Also hears about something in the water near grid 43.13 in the Coil river.
Xeviouz has trouble finding anything useful except some special dragon fruit at grid 40.14 in the Servos jungle.

We head out to 41.11, farm land to investigate the Mating Pressies (rabbits). THere is a small group of farmers leaving at the same time, we travel together.
We come to a nice grasses meadow after a couple of days, this is the area that the Pressies are supposedly in. As we begin to look around, we are charged by 2 large bunny rabbits, with black fur and red eyes. These are Pressies. These things are vicious!!! The first 2 died quickly. THe second two were much more stealthy. One almost killed me and one almost killed William Carver. We killed a third one and the last was tamed by Jael. After a couple days of resting from that vicious battle, Jael has the tamed one all calm and docile. After our 2 day rest we head off to the coil river.

After an uneventful trip we arrive at the Coil river just as a small group of T’Skrang are packing up there fishing gear and leaving. A’lari says something to them in the T’Skrang language and they give us a fish and some fishing line. We drop the fishing line in the water. After a couple minutes there is a hit on the line. Something big. William Carver says it is a giant toad called a Jub Jub. They have fangs, poison and a large jump. The giant toads were trying to cr0ak at us to demoralize us. It didn't work. We were able to finish off the toads with no casualties on our side.
Rest and camp for the night at the T’Skrang village.

We head off towards the Servos Jungle and look for the dragon fruit.
When we get to the area we are looking for, we notice the trees and bushes here have limbs and leaves that look very heavy. They have iron growing through them. There is fruit on some of the trees, looks like the fruit has spikes on it. There is something moving up at the tops of the trees.

There are 4 iron Gorillas in the tree tops throwing dragon fruit at us that hit really hard. We keep dodging until the creatures come down out of the trees to engage us. BATTLE !!
The Iron Gorillas are very tuff but we are able to prevail. We pick up many of the fruits on the ground. The water in the lagoon here looks strangely iridescent. Is it Living Water??

We head back to Throal, it is an easy journey.
We deliver the items to Aedgar and he is very pleased.

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:02 pm

The Dinner Club
Time: 2020-03-22@18:00 GMT [14:00 EDT]
GM: Dvarim Bolg / bronzemountain
Circle: 3
Difficulty: Medium

Hexes:
EXPLORED
40.14: The Ferrous Grove, an iron-infused grove at the edge of the Servos Jungle where the party found iron-infused dragonfruit and apes.
41.11: Halcyon Fields, a beautiful stretch of grasslands where Preces in heat proved to be shadowy and stealthy, unlike their normal frenzy.
43.13: Banks of the Coil, where a huge Jub Jub and its smaller brethren were terrifying fishermen.
UNEXPLORED
47.11: A rumored elemental node of lightning and air, where storm-infused Huttawa were spotted.
43.07: Reports of Ice Flyers high in the snowy regions of the Throal mountains.

Player Rewards:
William: 3 TIP, 1,400 Legend, 275 Silver
Alari: 3 TIP, 1,400 Legend, 275 Silver
Vlolkir: 3 TIP, 1,400 Legend, 275 Silver
Jael: 3 TIP, 1,400 Legend, 275 Silver
Xeviouz: 3 TIP, 1,400 Legend, 275 Silver

GM Reward:
Dvarim Bolg: 3 TIP, 1,400 Legend, 275 Silver

Downtime Actions Available:
William: Forge Weapon 2/8
Jael: Train Animal 3/13

Further Information:
To satisfy the bizarre cravings of Aedgar Brumm's Dinner Club, as well as his need for novelty, the party investigated multiple opportunities. Specifically, they tracked down some strange Iron Apes and the ferrous dragonfruit they were enjoying, a pack of shadowy Preces females in heat, and a Jub Jub of Unusual Size. Aedgar Brumm was delighted, and equally happy to see the adventurers off. Alari, however, convinced him to invite the T'skrang as dancing entertainment.

Montaugh

Re: AAR: [3] The Dinner Club (2020-03-22@18:00GMT)

Post by Montaugh » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:43 pm

I was contacted by Aedgar Brumm a dwarf from a minor aristocratic family. I brought along some adepts that I knew and heard what Aedgar had to say. He has a unique culinary pallet and wished us to gather some ingredients for he and his friends to consume. Why anyone thinks it is a good idea to eat bog gob is beyond me but, he told me that he has partaken of it. He wanted only unique creatures that had never before been encountered.

We spilt up and searched for some information in various parts of the Throal. I spoke to some of the farmers and found out that Preces spawning season was happening and so they locked themselves away inside of their homes until the spawning season passed, but nothing happened. They thought something larger might have killed them.
Jael talked with some beastmaster friends and found word of some icy fliers in the mountains, he also heard about troubled waters along the coil and T'srang fishermen being killed. The coil was something we would be doing regardless I had decided, we need to keep everyone safe.

Xevious talked to a friend in a bar and found out about some strange new fruit found near the jungles.

A'lari talked to some people he knew and was told about huttawas that had electrical capabilities.

So we returned with our five options and our benefactor for this mission told us he would be happy if we could find three of them.

I was very interested in the information that A'lari found as I have grown fond of Charlie my own huttawa. I didn't want to hunt them down for food though. I knew from the farmers that they also needed some iron tools and such so we picked up a load of things to help make their life a bit easier out in the expanse. The troubled waters had missing T'srang and that was certainly going to be done to save what lives we could. The only other information we found out in that direction was for fruit and I thought of all the tasks that had the potential to be an easy run. I did not think at the time that any of the tasks that we were under were overly dangerous. The party had left it up to my discretion so I decided we would first visit the farm, then the river banks of the coil, and finally we would go and pick the fruit.

Our first trip we were joined with a caravan headed towards the farmlands at 41.11. The location about the Preces. We gave them the much needed supplies and headed to the field. There we saw three very different Preces hiding in the grass, they were dark and had glowing red eyes, they also moved with a speed far greater than they should have been able to move, but they are still just rabbits, large rabbits but rabbits none the less... or so I thought. I would like to think that I am getting more comfortable being out in the wilds, I could not have been more wrong. While the fight was going well enough, two more attacked from ambush, one of them nearly killing me with its first assault. These would prove to be nearly the end of this adventure and the lives of three of us. Not only were these things faster than Fang, they also had a poison that burned the very blood in your body. Pain like I have not felt before, far less pain then was caused when I had my blood pebble armor was installed. Jael was able to have one of the rabbits play dead, and we were able to deal with the others. The only reason I am alive is that I used a booster potion that Vlolkir gave to me. These were horrible creatures that attacked from ambush and deserve to be hunted to near extinction. My thoughts of this being a simple task quickly turned on its headed after this encounter and I will not think killer bunnies are not a deadly threat to our people from now on.

After we healed up, we preserved the meat as best as we could and headed out for our next location along the banks of the Coil. We met some T'srang that were just packing up and they told us about the loss of one of their own not long ago. We borrowed a fishing pole and some fishing line from them and dropped our bait into the water. It was not long after we encountered giant Jub Jub and a HUGE Jub Jub that could swallow all but a troll or obsidiman whole. We were a bit more reserved in our engagement of the giant frogs tackling them one at a time. When fighting them I suggest using attacks to defang them as they have a paralytic poison. They also try to swallow you and drag you into the water, so be sure to pry loose those engaged within that think it is a good idea to lock lips with a Jub Jub.

Our final task brought us to the most interesting and beautiful of areas on the edge of the jungles. I really must spend more time within the jungles. The area is infused with iron, the very plants, the fruit and the trees were all infused. Sadly the creatures living here were also infused a group of apes infused with the same iron properties of the vegetation. Vlolkir was most happy to engage apes again after his last encounter with them. These creatures were willful, had hardened armor, and could break armor that we wore. Tactics to break their armor did not work against them. At first they were very helpful and were throwing the fruit we were seeking at us, so we gathered the fruit, but they were not very happy with that and jumped around the trees and from the trees to attack us. One of them hit me with one of the fruit and broke some of the blood pebbles off of my armor. This was a dangerous fight, but we were eventually successful. The water here was also odd very iridescent in coloration.

Having finished our tasks we returned to Aedgar Brumm with our prize. At first he was upset with the Jub Jub, but then we told him that was but a single creature and he was quite happy with the results. He told us that he would not have work for us all to soon but, should he have work in the future he would contact us.

I learned a lot from this mission, I am spoiled by having traveled with Zil and Dubhan a lot. Vlolkir is the only reason that I'm alive to be writing this. I must do more to prepare and to be ready for the things out in the wilds. Lives are on the line and most important of all my life is on the line... I can not simply depend upon others to carry my burdens. I will be better prepared in the future.