Clarification on certain Horror Powers

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Spader
Clarification on certain Horror Powers

Post by Spader » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:42 am

Let say a character strikes a deal with a Bloated Form. The Bloated Form uses Corrupt Compromise (Step 8) and the adept act on the deal willingly. That means the adept permanently increases 8 of her stats by 8 steps (or points) and also gain 1 point of corruption. Right?

On the other hand, compared to Karma Boost where corruption is gained at every use, I think it is a huge bonus with a low cost in corruption.

I need perspective.

Mcgarnagle

Re: Clarification on certain Horror Powers

Post by Mcgarnagle » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:18 am

I believe that Corrupt Compromise only grants a +1 bonus to a characters trait and +1 corruption point per use of the power. The horror can use it on a character up to Corrupt Compromise rank times. At least that's how I interrupt the power.

Panda

Post by Panda » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:14 am

Greetings,

Corrupt Compromise can affect up to Step different traits, each with a maximum of Step bonus. Each use of the power gives +1. Step 8 means up to 8 things can get a +8 bonus, which requires the marked character to acquiesce 64 times.

Spader

Post by Spader » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:07 pm

Panda wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:14 am
Step 8 means up to 8 things can get a +8 bonus, which requires the marked character to acquiesce 64 times.
Thanks Morgan. That's the kind of perspective I needed.