Invisibility -situation modifier

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Calamrin
Invisibility -situation modifier

Post by Calamrin » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:59 am

Just been looking up elemental spirits, and air spirits generally have the power invisibility.

I cant find any rules on modifiers or trying to fight something thats invisible.

Ive prolly just missed the info somewhere, but can someone with more experience enlighten me please.

Thanks in advance.

ChrisDDickey

Re: Invisibility -situation modifier

Post by ChrisDDickey » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:50 am

I don't think it is spelled out anywhere, so anything that seems reasonable to the GM.

Perception tests to try to figure out where the opponent is using non-sight perception. An attack against an empty hex is going to miss. If they can figure out the correct hex, then the worst penalty I would assign to attacks against them is -4, which is the penalty for full darkness that keeps you from seeing your opponent. And they are not in full darkness, as they can see everything except the target, so -4 seems to be about the most. An argument could be made that a -2 penalty is more appropriate.
Danger Sense tests to avoid being blindsided.

So basically just use the rule spelled out elsewhere that might be appropriate for fighting an invisible opponent.