[Magical Construct] [Horror Construct] Brass and Crystal Falsemen, Experimental

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Tattered Rags
Re: [Magical Construct] [Horror Construct] Brass and Crystal Falsemen, Experimental

Post by Tattered Rags » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:33 pm

Panda wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:47 pm
Since your goal is to discourage surrounding it, perhaps instead of Whirling Dervish granting the additional attacks, it could give a bonus to Attack for each additional adjacent opponent beyond the first, up to +5. Which is a mechanic I may use in the near future. Not as outright dangerous as attacks against each opponent, it's less time-consuming to resolve and less punitive. The former ability is more appropriate to higher Circles when adepts have equally nasty things to do to the opponent.
I used the construct in my last session, but no one surrounded it, so I still have a chance to update the stats. And, having had time to let it percolate, I think I like this for the first version. I'll further add, to reflect the experimental and untried nature of the machine, is that the strike is random. That's more of a flavorful piece.

Something I'm considering is adding a second attack, but only when harried due to being surrounded (i.e. 4+ opponents). Need to figure out if that is appropriate for this version, but I'm leaning towards "no".
Adventure I'm running:
Under the Stars

Adventure GM post-mortem:
Under the Stars Postmortem