Adventure module list

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Anunnaki
Re: Adventure module list

Post by Anunnaki » Sat May 19, 2018 5:58 am

Hiya,

Speaking as a previous Line Developer (and Publisher), the subject of canon -- at least from my own perspective -- pretty much mirrors Lou's opinion. Anything published under license should be considered canon. How you interpret it or apply it to "Your Barsaive" (or "Your Earthdawn") is up to you.

I can't comment on the "Terror in the Skies" thing -- that's always been canon from my personal POV and first I've heard of this. Not treating it as canon sounds pretty weird to me. As for Shosara and Sereatha? Personally, I've never formulated an opinion on those. If it's on a published map, that's fine. It's on the map there. If you don't agree with the location, "Your Barsaive" is yours to do with as you wish, possibly contrary sources notwithstanding.

As for comments on whether earlier editions should be canon or not (I refer especially to those talking about LRG's vision of historical events). Again, it's published under license, but can be ignored as you see fit.

As long as the degree of verisimilitude maintained is great enough to achieve a sense of continuity in the overall game line, then I think that's a win in its own right. There have been a LOT of authors involved with Earthdawn over the decades, some with markedly different views on "how things should be" (or "are"). That makes for interesting debate, determining who has the right of things, or if an idea was better in execution compared to concept, or whatever. And that too is part of the fun of being a FAN of such a rich tapestry of fiction in such an AMAZING game.

So, from a "bringing it back on topic" perspective, an Adventure Module List is a great idea, but simply citing which edition (ED1, ED2, EDC, ED3, ED3R -- my shame for not finishing this edition, sorry :( , ED4, 3rd Party, etc) and sourcebook (page numbers, too, if that's doable), along with a capsule description and perhaps relative challenge level, is more-than-enough, IMO.

Take kaer, James
Last edited by Anunnaki on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bonhumm

Post by Bonhumm » Sat May 19, 2018 11:33 am

I could use some info concerning the Mist of betrayal of 3EDR.

Does it contain significant changes to the story or is it mostly typo/stats fixes and stuff like that?

Thank you.

Anunnaki

Post by Anunnaki » Sat May 19, 2018 1:39 pm

Hiya,

Primarily the latter. It's an updated version of the EDC version of MoB for ED3. EDC MoB differs from the ED1 version in that it's more low-Circle friendly. For example, the first major encounter shouldn't be TPK-worthy (no spoilers), like the one for ED1 can be.

Take kaer, James

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Thu May 24, 2018 10:13 pm

Vagrant Workshop just released a Darranis adventure pack for Earthdawn: the Age of Legend (the alternative version of the game running with the Freeform / Universal system). It contains 3 adventures set in Darranis, a small merchant town on the Coil River. While written for use with ED:AOL, they can be converted to any version of the game.

There are also three adventures released in French for Earthdawn Classic in 2011. They were the winners of a community contest held by publisher Black Book Editions:

Which reminds me, has anyone saved the free Adventure Resources for ED3? I thought I had, but can't find them anywhere.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Bonhumm

Post by Bonhumm » Fri May 25, 2018 1:10 am

Marzhin wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 10:13 pm
Which reminds me, has anyone saved the free Adventure Resources for ED3? I thought I had, but can't find them anywhere.

Do you mean:
Bonhumm wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 10:57 pm
Misguided Ambitions (3rd Edition, 38 pages)

An introduction to Earthdawn, the booklet includes a quick overview of the Earthdawn universe then an interesting adventure module to introduce brand new characters/players to the game. This book is available for free.

Bonhumm

Post by Bonhumm » Fri May 25, 2018 1:17 am

Oh! You probably mean:

- Ancient Hatred
- Battle In The Mists
- False Prophet
- For The Tear Of A Dragon
- Like Moths To A Flame
- Messengers Of Doom
- Overdue Fee
- Smiling Faces
- Storm Over Wolfs Hill
- The Cure For Evil

If so, I do have them, PM me.

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Fri May 25, 2018 1:15 pm

Bonhumm wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:17 am
Oh! You probably mean:

- Ancient Hatred
- Battle In The Mists
- False Prophet
- For The Tear Of A Dragon
- Like Moths To A Flame
- Messengers Of Doom
- Overdue Fee
- Smiling Faces
- Storm Over Wolfs Hill
- The Cure For Evil

If so, I do have them, PM me.
That's the ones :) Sending you a PM right now.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Telarus

Post by Telarus » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:15 pm

I have been sick all weekend but this thread has really cheered me up. Good resource, good discussion. Thanks all. :)

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:23 am

Anunnaki wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:58 am
So, from a "bringing it back on topic" perspective, an Adventure Module List is a great idea, but simply citing which edition (ED1, ED2, EDC, ED3, ED3R -- my shame for not finishing this edition, sorry :( , ED4, 3rd Party, etc) and sourcebook (page numbers, too, if that's doable), along with a capsule description and perhaps relative challenge level, is more-than-enough, IMO.
So, I've put this Google Sheet together. I've only entered a few of the adventures mentioned in this thread as "proof-of-concept".

Let me know what you think.
(Groucho Marx)

Anunnaki

Post by Anunnaki » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:58 am

Looks good to me! :)