Informations about Urupa?

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Notaure
Informations about Urupa?

Post by Notaure » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Does someone could help me to understand several localisations of the Urupa's sectors please?

I used the ED1 supplement "the serpent river" which is the most complete about Urupa (p53 to 60)...but i think it's not very clear?
I join a map i've made (sorry it's in french!)

http://www.calameo.com/read/00016242519a52cdf90ab

questions are:
is the sector N°5: Zenice & Liandrill?
is the sector N°6: P’shestis with the main marketplace?
are the sectors N°7 and 9: the visitor's quarter? if not which sector is the N°9 please?
in the sector N°9 the place is mentioned as the main marketplace (see p57) but as i read the description of the P’shestis sector there is already the main marketplace in the P’shestis sector (see p56) is there 2 marketplaces in Urupa???

p59:""aulcroft amphitheater...is located between the Nehem and Biharj sectors"
and
p56: "the nehem sector contains a single building" so as i understand this in my map the nehem sector should be the N°3 isn't it?

thank you for your help...

Mataxes

Re: Informations about Urupa?

Post by Mataxes » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:03 am

Taking a fresh look at the map and comparing it to the text, it looks like there is some mismatch.

The description of Nehem strongly implies the area you have marked as #3 is that sector, because of the big building. But that puts another sector between it and the amphitheater.

The description of the wharf indicates that #5 is Zenicce. This would mean, based on the description of Zennicce/Liandrill that either #1 or #6 is Liandrill (if they are integrated as the text indicates, they should be next to each other).

There are some additional statements that indicate the likelihood of which sectors are which, but it ultimately requires you to make some decisions that either contradict the map, or the text. So... go with what makes most sense to you.

#9 is the visitor's quarter (the art shows the gates/arch at the eastern side). #8 is Central Urupa (it shows the three temples). #14 is the Amphitheater. #3, based on the description, should be Nehem.

#4 makes the most sense as the Ironclaw -- having access to the southern gate and road to move animals to the slaughterhouses and tanneries makes sense. This would mean #1 & #2 are Biharj and Otosk (noted as being in/against the cliffs). This also makes some sense, as those are the "smallest" sectors, but have space out of sight in the cliffs. (And the theatre should be "between the Otosk and Biharj" sectors.)

As I said before, #5 should be Zenicce based on the text, which would make #6 Liandrill (adjacent, and #1 is out as Biharj). Leaving #7 as P'shestis.

As the area with the most "waterfront" it does make sense that it would be the t'skrang sector and have all the shipyards. The art just gives us a really good place (in #6) for a market.

If you figure something out that works better for you, that's great. But that's probably how I would do it.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Kosmit

Post by Kosmit » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Here you can find my own interpretation :)

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:03 pm

That's very high-concept, Kosmit, I like it!

Kosmit

Post by Kosmit » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:59 am

Thx!

Notaure

Post by Notaure » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:01 pm

thank you a lot for yours quicks answers!!! :D

i'm reassured to have the sames conclusions than you Mataxes! ;)
i'll make the simplest choice = don't modify the map!
so:
#5 will be Zenicce AND Liandrill because "they are integrated as the text indicates",
#4 Ironclaw
#3 Nehem,
#2 Otosk
#1 Biharj

and i'll create an embassies sector (#9) with the "main businessplace"

@kosmit: sorry but i can't read your image???

Elidis

Post by Elidis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:57 pm

Hi,

@Kosmit: Can't see you image neither, could you please post it again?

Kosmit

Post by Kosmit » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:12 am

Dunno what happened but here is direct link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/og97d3ph7el0f ... a.png?dl=0

Notaure

Post by Notaure » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:33 am

oh,i like the visual :D
but i think there is a mistake:
P'shestis and "zelasneszpony" are inverted... (if "zelasne szpony" mean visitors's sector")

RazanMG

Post by RazanMG » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:24 am

zelazne szpony means Ironclaw