Winged Cats [Creature]

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Slimcreeper
Winged Cats [Creature]

Post by Slimcreeper » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:37 pm

Winged Cat
Winged Cats are somewhat larger than normal housecats. They sport a pair of feathered wings that match the colors and patterns of their fur, and they are highly magical and quite intelligent. While many Winged Cats are fond of Name-givers, they are also extremely temperamental and it can be difficult to tell. Magicians in particular enjoy the company of Winged Cats, and appreciate its ability to hold a spell in its naturally occurring matrix.
The first Winged Cats were believed to have been created by an ork Beastmaster/Elementalist Named Gera Bantude, but some 1 in 100 housecat kits are born with wings.
While they are the right size to be windling mounts, they will not agree. Only powerful magic such as Dominate Beast can force them to accept a rider. Otherwise, they will stop whatever they are doing to aggressively maul the impertinant windling. In other respects, they are suitable as animal companions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FBG ... sp=sharing

Lursi

Re: Winged Cats [Creature]

Post by Lursi » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:42 pm

Is this a toy version of a Manticore? I like the twist with Wildlings.
Of all things I lost, sanity I held dearest.