Balancing Astral sight

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Bonhumm
Re: Balancing Astral sight

Post by Bonhumm » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:12 pm

Aegharan wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:08 pm
Where you quoted me I missed to mark the quote from you. Sorry for the confusion. I disagree with you being able to see the Troll through glass. Glass as a dead substance appears the same colorless goo as concrete..
From the Players Guide, page 206:

'An adept may look through the astral imprint of a window, but not the imprints of opaque physical objects.'

Aegharan

Post by Aegharan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:21 pm

Then color me surprised, and the glass transparent. Thanks!

Bonhumm

Post by Bonhumm » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:30 pm

Transparent objects remains transparent but opaque objects are not and are (unless magical) bland and textures-less. Which is why you could turn the pages of a book in Astral but not read the text.

Although, now that I think about it, writing a book with confidential information, using an invisible (physical) BUT magical ink would mean you cannot read the book in the physical plane BUT could read it in Astral Space. Great way to keep secrets.

Sharkforce

Post by Sharkforce » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:39 am

player's guide, 206 (astral imprints, end of first paragraph): "An adept may look through the astral imprint of a window, but not the imprints of opaque physical objects."

opaque astral windows is a shadowrun thing.