Experiences with High Circle groups?

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Gruber
Re: Experiences with High Circle groups?

Post by Gruber » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:16 pm

Hey everyone,

thanks for the numerous and awesome replies! Some pretty good ideas! I'll try to incorporate some of them :)

Thanks again!
Best regards :D

jisidro

Post by jisidro » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:12 pm

You're saying that survivability scales faster than damage? I would have guessed the opposite...

Michael

Post by Michael » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:07 pm

Gruber wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:16 pm
Hey everyone,

thanks for the numerous and awesome replies! Some pretty good ideas! I'll try to incorporate some of them :)

Thanks again!
Best regards :D
let us know what you use and if it works/doesn't work and what you did. I'm very interested

thanks

Lursi

Post by Lursi » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:12 am

jisidro wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:12 pm
You're saying that survivability scales faster than damage? I would have guessed the opposite...
Not sure whether you refer to me, but I meant that the complexity of a fight increases if the enemy is to be interesting for a circle 11 group.

The damage output scales faster than the death threshold, but it is not only sheer damage that decides the fight against a horror.

One good roll of a wizard on counterspell in ED2 (wil 9 +5 +5 willforce+6 desp. Spell bloodcharm= step 25) and the horror had a 50% chance of missing his terror power. That could mean a quick death at the hands of a circle 5 group.

If terror goes through, that hero group has to roll willpower against a step 24 result which is next to impossible.

I can really see why this spell did not make it to 4th Edition.

Also Terror for a wormskull has been adjusted in a way that an early success does not doom the group.
Of all things I lost, sanity I held dearest.