Spoiler question (My players stay out of this thread!)

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Michael
Spoiler question (My players stay out of this thread!)

Post by Michael » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:42 pm

My players stay out (Alt and Bonn)
Spoiler:
Running Mists of betrayal and have some questions about Staff of Akarem the Mage-builder Builder.
Rank 4 thread says increases PD/MD against elemental attacks. Doesn't say by how much. I'm assuming by the rank of the thread?
Rank 5 thead is summon an earth elemental. How long does he hang around? Should I update the stats to 4th ed make an equal to an earth elemental = the thread rank?
thanks

Belenus

Re: Spoiler question (My players stay out of this thread!)

Post by Belenus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:40 pm

Spoiler:
Rank 4: I'd say +1 to each. + Thread Rank would be to powerful.
Rank 5: I'd say for 1 year and 1 day, same as the blood damage.
But I can't give you an official answer, it's written the same in the german version.
But I didn't have to think about it, my players performed the ritual before looting, so they burried the staff inside the kaer :(

Michael

Post by Michael » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:42 pm

Dankeschön

ChrisDDickey

Post by ChrisDDickey » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:42 am

This is how the powers are listed in Earthdawn Classic Adventure Compendium.
Spoiler:
Effect: The wielder adds +1 to his Physical and Spell Defense when resisting air-, earth-, water-, wood-, or firebased attacks.
Effect: Once per day, the wielder may summon Orichalus, a gargoyle-like earth elemental, and have it perform a single service. To determine how long the spirit remains, the summoner makes a Willpower Test, the result of which is the number of minutes the spirit remains in his service.
The summoner may increase this duration by using blood magic. By taking a number of Strain Points of damage equal to his Wound Threshold, the summoner can increase the duration to a number of hours equal to the Willpower Test result.

Michael

Post by Michael » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:12 pm

How did I not know about this book?

thanks