3rd edition poiton of life

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
kevsurp
3rd edition poiton of life

Post by kevsurp » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:32 pm

Cann't remember but on the potion of life magic item can anyone drink to the heal potion or is it only the person who weaved the thread to it?
is been ahile since i ran a earthdawn game

Bonhumm

Re: 3rd edition poiton of life

Post by Bonhumm » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:44 pm

Good question, the Gamemaster guide's description only states that the owner must be doing the action to fill the bottle, nothing is said about who can drink from that bottle.

Personally I would rule that it could be drank by someone else considering that at Rank 5 it can creates FIVE healing potions per day; if you need 5 healing potions in a day just for yourself then maybe you should consider another career. But I guess it would be up to the GM to rule on it.

There's also the question of what happen to the silver piece that is being tossed over the shoulder; does it somehow magically disappear as a cost to refill the bottle or can you just pick it back?

Anunnaki

Re: 3rd edition poiton of life

Post by Anunnaki » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:33 pm

Hiya,
kevsurp wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:32 pm
Cann't remember but on the potion of life magic item can anyone drink to the heal potion or is it only the person who weaved the thread to it?
is been ahile since i ran a earthdawn game
The potion must be consumed immediately. Either the owner drinks it straight away or immediately administers the contents to another.

As for the silver piece, whether it's "consumed" as part of the item's magic or is simply part of the gesture of toasting the alchemist who created the Potion of Life is up to the GM. Personally, in my game it's the latter, but YEWV (Your Earthdawn Will Vary). :)

Hope this helps!

Take kaer, James