Pugilist Reviews

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Foghorn
Pugilist Reviews

Post by Foghorn » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:20 pm

Hello everyone,

I played a ton of Earthdawn back in the 1E and some in the 2E days and I'm just getting caught up with all the new stuff and maybe being able to get started in a new campaign.

All that being said, I have a player who the mindset and the fluff of the Pugilist fits perfectly for. He essentially made 90% of this kind of character back in 1E with a Human Journeyman that was super fun. Now, that being said, I haven't played any 3E or 4E so all I know is the theories banging around in my head regarding the Pugilist Discipline and I was wondering if anyone had an opportunity to actually experience the Discipline in play.

I like the concept of an unarmed combat heavy Discipline, and even the concept of the combos and as they put it in the Cathay book, "gambling" with the different Talents to get a big finisher, but having 4 Talents that do very, very similar things spread out over so much of the Discipline doesn't feel like a fully finished Discipline to me.

What are peoples thoughts and experiences with the Pugilist?