Harried?

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Lursi
Harried?

Post by Lursi » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:25 pm

Hi Folks,
I wondered when a certain creature is harried.
Fixed with 4 people attacking?
Question of size? Intelligence? Fighting skill?

Then the malus increases by 1 per additional character attacking? It says"multiple sources of distraction" under "Overwhelmed"

Say we fight a wormskull, if 6 people attack, would also the resist roll to its terror ability be easier because of the flat -2 to action test modifier?
Of all things I lost, sanity I held dearest.

etherial

Re: Harried?

Post by etherial » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:50 am

Lursi wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:25 pm
Hi Folks,

Then the malus increases by 1 per additional character attacking? It says"multiple sources of distraction" under "Overwhelmed"

Say we fight a wormskull, if 6 people attack, would also the resist roll to its terror ability be easier because of the flat -2 to action test modifier?
4 or more opponents means you are Harried. Only if you have multiple things that cause you to be Harried, such as "4 or more opponents" and "splitting movement", does the Harried become -3 (or worse).

Dougansf

Post by Dougansf » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Lursi wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:25 pm
Hi Folks,

Keep in mind, it becomes Harried when 4 or more people attack in close combat. So melee or unarmed combat attacks only.
And at least one of them is going to get a Blindside attack as well. :D
Rules As Written: Harried affects tests that are rolled. It doesn't modify the Step value, which is the TN to resist Terror.
Rule of Cool: If 6 adepts are jumping on it's head, it may not be super scary right now. 8-)

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:27 pm

Harried? Try this weird old trick.